Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,092 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:07 PM

I’m Committed To Pace Of Infrastructural Devt In Delta –okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Committed To Pace Of Infrastructural Devt In Delta –okowa (176 Views)

Delta: Okowa Signs ₦‎71 Billion Supplementary Appropriation Bill / I’m Committed To PDP, Its Candidates’ Victories At The Polls - Pat Asadu / Lagos Visit: Buhari Directs Rail Linkage To Lekki Port, Commends Pace Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Committed To Pace Of Infrastructural Devt In Delta –okowa by comrodioodio001: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
I’m Committed To Pace Of Infrastructural Devt In Delta –Okowa

Delta State Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, on Thursday, said that his administration was committed to maintaining the pace of infrastructural development in the state, despite the challenges posed by the novel corona virus pandemic.

Governor Okowa disclosed this while inspecting the Alihami/Agbor-Nta/Oki Road in Ika South, construction and rehabilitation of Midoma/Iwerebor gully erosion site in Owanta and the Federal Road Safety Intermediate School both in Ika North East to ascertain the level of work done on the projects.

The governor, who said that he was happy with the level of work so far executed at the FRSC training school, urged the contracting firm to scale up effort in order to meet the July ending deadline.

According to him, the FRSC School Project was being constructed by the state government, adding that the Federal Government would provide other things needed in the school, when the project is completed.

At the Iwerebor erosion gully project site, Governor Okowa said government and the World Bank were partnering to rescue the area from being washed away by rampaging erosion, pointing out that a lot of buildings in the area were submerged and pulled down in the past before the intervention.

At the Alihami/Agbor-Nta/Oki Road, the governor said, on completion, the road would hasten the movement of people from Agbor to Jesse, Oghara, Sapele as well as connect some towns in Edo State.

He said the projects would ultimately enhance the economy of the areas hosting them.At the erosion control site, the Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Chris Onogba ,said the job was progressing, affirming that it would be done to specification.

The governor was conducted round the FRSC Training School at Owa-Oyibu by the Housing Commissioner, Chief Festus Ochonogor.

Re: I’m Committed To Pace Of Infrastructural Devt In Delta –okowa by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
H/E Weldone for the jobs done so far,but you should pay attention to the road linking Ogwashi-Uku, ubulu-Unor,Ashama , Egbudu -Akah to Ekuku Agbor...Let the residents of these villages breathe some fresh air and enjoy some devidend of democracy..

(1) (Reply)

24 Years After The Assassination Of Kudirat Abiola / Lockdown Stays In Kaduna State, Gov El Rufai To Broadcast On Tuesday / COVID-19 Not A Death Sentence, Says Gov Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.