Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,937 members, 7,890,085 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why You Don’t Get Interview Invites (A Must Read For All Serious Job Seeker!) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Don’t Get Interview Invites (A Must Read For All Serious Job Seeker!) (279 Views)

For Every Serious Job Seeker. Get In Here! / Notore Chemical Industries 2022 GET Interview / Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Don’t Get Interview Invites (A Must Read For All Serious Job Seeker!) by Employmenthub(f): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
REASONS WHY YOU DON’T GET INTERVIEW INVITES

A lot of applicants have been applying for job without feedback, interview invitation. Some apply for an average of 50-100 jobs weekly without getting a single invite. Here are some of the reasons why!!

Mode of Application
Your mode of application could be wrong!
When applying for a job, it is important to adhere strictly to the instruction given on a job advert as that will be one of the first screening process.
When a job advert indicates that you send your resume in a word or pdf file. Ensure to do as you are told!! It is best to have your CV in both format so you can apply using the file requested on the job advert.

* Applying with an empty email body.
You should never send an application without an email body not only is it unprofessional it is also ill mannered. Regardless, if you are asked to send your cover letter as file you should always send an email body!! When you are asked to attached your cover letter as file along side your resume. Your email body should be like the format below

Dear Hiring Manager,
Please find attached a copy of my Cv and Cover letter for the customer service role advertised on the internet.

I am passionate about customer customer service. I love to identify customer needs and delivers effective solutions to problems.

I look forward to being interviewed immediately as I am available to work as soon as my service is needed

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend

Kind Regards.

(Your Name)

However, if you are not asked to send your cover letter as an attachment ensure your cover letter is the body of the mail and it should be detailed and concised. It should explain why you are a good fit for the job, your skills, briefly your previous work achievement and why you should be hired.

Your Resume/CV:

Poor Resume is one of the most common application errors job applicants make. Many seeming qualified candidates do not get a chance at an interview because of a poor Cv. It is important to note that your Cv is the first change you get to make a good impression on a potential employer make sure it impresses!!

A Top Quality CV will considerably boost your chance of getting a face to face interview, so it is worth spending time, effort and even resources on the context and presentation as it will make all the differenace in obtaining the position you want. Ensure to avoid applying with a “cyber cafe” Cv and get a professional Resume!! If you need the help getting a professional resume or cover letter please WhatsApp or call 08080756701

Few Resume Errors
* Having only responsibilities without accomplishments
*Unprofessional and scattered fonts
* Using Pretense tense for past Jobs
* Irrevelant Personal details and multiple pages etc

Sending an Application without an email subject:
At all time, ensure that the email subject is the Position you are applying for!!
It makes recruiters know first hand the purpose of the mail

Low Skills:
When applying for jobs you are not qualified for you are most likely not going to get any interview invites. While you don’t need to have 100 percent of job requirement. You need to have atleast 70% minimum. So it is important to upskill your self at all time. Take free courses, go for training keep learning because that could be what you will need to get your dream job

Laziness:
One who is looking for a job should be intentional. You can’t be applying for a job on a seasonal basis. you should surf the internet and sought out for jobs. Follow professionals in your career field on linked in, build a professional LinkedIn image and keep applying for as many jobs as you can!

Your work experience doesn’t appear on the top half of page 1 of your resume:
If you have any work experience at all, it’s one of the first things recruiters and hiring managers want to see.
Don’t “bury” it at the bottom of page 1, It should begin on the top half of page 1, no exceptions.
Adjust your resume until that’s the case, and you’ll start getting more interviews.

I hope you find this article helpful , please join our WhatsApp or Telegram Group for more job openings, interview coaching, Employment tips etc
See you there!!
https:///DE7Bpf9SUUrGNN5nOXqA97
https:///careerhub

(1) (Reply)

Chat Operators / *driver Vacancy* / Job Vacancies In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.