Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,657 members, 7,889,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion (2509 Views)

Calling Out Elidaxziel: The Most Dishonest Christian Apologist On Nairaland / An Appeal To Seun Osewa To Be Silent No More / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Everyone need to stick to rule. Always post on the right section. That is principle.
I don't understand. Atheist posts do come under religion if they are about religion, no?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
budaatum:

I don't understand. Atheist posts do come under religion if they are about religion, no?

Is it OK as Christian to constantly promote christain topics/stuff on Muslim section?
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by spartan117(m): 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
bigname23:
exactly y must u take a dig at christains in ur post..nor be u dey find trouble..dere is no democracy or civilised world where u go after a religion and not call dat discrimation ..can,t u just express ur belief in d non existence of God... without going after other people's religion
He can't his entire religion revolves around Christianity. He can't practice his religion without the existence of Christianity.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Is it OK as Christian to constantly promote christain topics/stuff on Muslim section?
It would depend what you mean by "promote", I think. A Christian could go on to the Muslim section and promote how Christ has taught to love one's neighbours for instance.

I once went to the Muslim section as an atheist and promoted, though, not atheism, per se.

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
budaatum:

It would depend what you mean by "promote", I think. A Christian could go on to the Muslim section and promote how Christ has taught to love one's neighbours for instance.

I once went to the Muslim section as an atheist and promoted, though, not atheism, per se.

We ask for permission to avoid problems. And it is safer for Christians to preach under the direction of GOD to avoid problems.

One more question: how do you preach to Muslims if Christian evangelism is banned over there? How do you do it without breaking the rules?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by festwiz(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

They even go as far as cursing the Freethinkers/atheists in details, even giving dates and making Prophecies on top of the Freethinker's/atheist's head.

It's actually very funny shaa, really funny!
Lol. If that was a proof of god, I would've been dead since 2013. They keep throwing curses around and making predictions and then giving excuses when it doesn't occur rather than swallow the bitter pill.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
festwiz:

Lol. If that was a proof of god, I would've been dead since 2013. They keep throwing curses around and making predictions and then giving excuses when it doesn't occur rather than swallow the bitter pill.
They actually think the tantrum they're throwing is real. Adults!!!
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Go and re-read the part where i quoted the constitution. That should answer your question perfectly!
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

Go and re-read the part where i quoted the constitution. That should answer your question perfectly!

What part exactly? Be specific.

And Quote it here please.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

What part exactly? Be specific.

And Quote it here please.
Then i guess you didn't read the op before commenting!
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by OpenYourEyes1: 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
IamMichael:

Then i guess you didn't read the op before commenting!

If you are so sure about that part of the law, you would have quoted it to prove me wrong. I guess you have your doubts smiley
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

If you are so sure about that part of the law, you would have quoted it to prove me wrong. I guess you have your doubts smiley
Alright.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by donjazet(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
I think people in support of this motion should call in all the. Mods they know so that this can get their attention.

Cc
Lalastica
Mukina2
Seun
Mynd44
Etc.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

We ask for permission to avoid problems. And it is safer for Christians to preach under the direction of GOD to avoid problems.

One more question: how do you preach to Muslims if Christian evangelism is banned over there? How do you do it without breaking the rules?
First, Evangelism is not banned in the Islam section. Some Christians, and atheists, even swear the "lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh", and go on to insult Allah there!

I do not think I preach anywhere. Though, saying that, see me in this thread.

I make a distinction between preaching, which to me means telling people what they should believe; and teaching, which is showing people how to use their brains. Its a hangup from having been a teacher. I would never have taught students to believe Phytagoras Theorem or Newton's Laws of Motion!

Many think Christianity is about beliefs, while belief, to me, is what demons do and tremble, and I do not exactly see the merit in trembling or emulating demons. In fact, I've seen the Fruits of the Spirit in Muslims, which is not possible if they do not have 'Christ' in their lifes, and I've seen many Christians with Fruits of the Flesh, which means that despite their "Lord Lord", 'Christ' most certainly must be missing.

It is my opinion that a follower of Christ must preach 'Christ' by "Letting one's light so shine that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven". Basically, teach with your fruits. Not doing so is pure hypocrisy, in my opinion, and a misunderstanding of the Word.

There's an ongoing conversation about what I mean here. I do admit that to some, it sounds like I am advocating devil worship instead of Christ.

P.s. To understand what I might mean by 'Christ', see here.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2020
There should be a section for atheists as well.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Plead:
There should be a section for atheists as well.
I agree with you. I think there should be a section for Freethinkers/atheists too. Then from that section, atheist related topics can be pushed to the front page.

We should campaign for it... Can we? Maybe write it as a letter to Seun, citing reason why it is now necessary more than ever to have a separate Freethinkers/atheists section on Nairaland.
Some people will volunteer for the moderation of the section if need be.
What do you say?
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by KennedicalEnergy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Atheists are the most dumb people on earth. Believing that there is no God is a clear evident of someone having a psychological disorder. They all need to be admitted to the Psychiatric hospital.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by festwiz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2020
KennedicalEnergy:
Atheists are the most dumb people on earth. Believing that there is no God is a clear evident of someone having a psychological disorder. They all need to be admitted to the Psychiatric hospital.
On what basis can the belief in your God be proven?
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by orunto27: 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2020
APOLOGIST NO.

PROPAGANDIST TO SOME EXTENT BECAUSE HE TOO IS SEEKING THE TRUTH.

HE IS ALSO DETERMINED TO ILLUMINATE MINDS BY THIS HIS PROGRAM.

From Orisa37.

I wish NAIRALAND can be greater than Google and Opera Mini.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Ghostrye: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
KennedicalEnergy:
And I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, one of the many, undisputable, inconspicuous horde....
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ghostrye:

And I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, one of the many, undisputable, inconspicuous horde....
We are shaking our head.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
orunto27:
APOLOGIST NO.

PROPAGANDIST TO SOME EXTENT BECAUSE HE TOO IS SEEKING THE TRUTH.

HE IS ALSO DETERMINED TO ILLUMINATE MINDS BY THIS HIS PROGRAM.

From Orisa37.

I wish NAIRALAND can be greater than Google and Opera Mini.
orunto27 will better than NAIRALAND and greater than Google and Opera Mini.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by orisa37: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
LIKE SERIOUSLY, NAIRALAND SHOULD ESTABLISH IN THE US UK EU JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, AU CENTRES & COUNTRIES RUSSIA, CHINA ETCETERA ETCETERA FOR NIGERIANS IN THOSE PLACES TO PLAY AND TRANSFORM DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, ECONOMY AND POLITICS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2020
budaatum:
Nairaland Despot Opposes Dissent!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11703179_20200610094332809_jpeg_jpeg0e163a50a960654402159ac1afd3d928

No Freedom of Speech On Nairaland!

You might think it odd that NL rulers would emulate the behaviour usually found in a fourth world country. You would be rather surprised however that its behaving more like a fifth world country!

Earlier today, the TheSourcerer opened a thread titled If I Get Banned For This Then I Will Make It Worth It, lamemting the fact that threads about snakes and tachabb's tits are the only sort of threads that hit front page while intelligent ones don't. But when our despotic emperor saw it, he shut the thread down!

How dare we, you might think, when we went on to report this despotic act of the emperor in a more prominent section on NL only to find it had been deleted too.

I must say that this sort of overuse of authority and power is behaviour we Nigerians do know very well. Decree 4 of the Nigerian Government of 1984 was a draconian piece of legislation that allowed the government to imprison any journalist who embarrassed the country’s military leaders — a nebulous charge that was frequently invoked to muzzle the press and civil society during the 18 months of Buhari’s military rule, this nebulous rule was applied with fiat and at will and even resulted in the death of some of our more trustworthy journalists.

The recently proposed Anti-social Media Bill wishes to give similar powers to the shut down dissent to the current administration, but it would seem that the despot emperor of NL can't be bothered to observe due process. He rules with fiat, leaves no avenue for disputation, feedback or suggestions; and just shuts down and deletes hreads or bans you.

We might not complain, except that we have aforesaid that one must be the change that one would like to see. Besides, many are able to stick out their chest on NL at Buhari the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, so why would we not stick chest out at the despot emperor of NL! After all, unless he's been building prisons with the money that he hasn't spent developing NL for the future, all he can do is ban us!

It is about time he realises that igi kan ki jẹ awa de, agbajọ ọwọ la fi sọ aya. Nations that don't evole past despotic rule end up being a zoo!

Cc: TheSourcerer, incogni2o, Numero9, CAPSLOCKED, hopefulLandlord, UndauntedYOCA, kkins25, chanseroo, DaInferno
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by IamMichael(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
orisa37:
LIKE SERIOUSLY, NAIRALAND SHOULD ESTABLISH IN THE US UK EU JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, AU CENTRES & COUNTRIES RUSSIA, CHINA ETCETERA ETCETERA FOR NIGERIANS IN THOSE PLACES TO PLAY AND TRANSFORM DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY, ECONOMY AND POLITICS.
I have a proposal.
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by Gander: 8:32am On Jun 15, 2020
IamMichael:

If you are in Nairaland and you don't know that the owner is an atheist, then you probably just joined very newly.
I have been on nairaland for a long time, and the one thing i can say for certain about Nairaland is that Seun is a religious apologist, and helps propagate religious beliefs; something he should be helping people who don't know better to be free of.

Why do i say that Seun is a religious apologist and propagandist?
Seun has one of the biggest social media platform in Africa, not just Nigeria. He lives in a country where Religious freedom is deeply entrenched in the country's constitution, something that even allowed him follow his non-religious path of atheism.
As part of attending to the Religious needs of his platforms members and guests alike, he added the Religious section to Nairaland. One would applaud such as a wonderful move because there is nothing bad with people of like/similar faith/minds congregating online to discuss and share their religious beliefs(or non-belief), convictions and practices.

However, the usual pettiness that has kept Nigeria and Africa down set in. The same pettiness that has made snake threads a constant feature in the front-page.

1) First there is the swearing that you believe in Allah before you can comment on a Muslim thread. Like seriously? People are forced to comment with a silly religious tag before commenting on a free website; a reverse psychological way of making people avoid such threads since they wouldn't want to be tagged with that religious nonsense. This is because after commenting, the tag follows you everywhere else on the site like a permanent tag.
I cannot comment on a Muslim thread because I am forced to accept something i don't believe in. This is tantamount to the physical religious jihad/wars in which you either convert or die.
You have no right to enforce such rule on anybody Seun Osewa, as you are contravening Section 39(1) of the 1999 constitution of Nigeria as Amended:
"Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference".

It doesn't matter if you own Nairaland. Nairaland is a business entity registered under the Laws of Nigeria and therefore subject to the constitution of the land.

Furthermore, you are also expressly disobeying Section 42 of the constitution with this vicious discriminatory policy Viz:
"S.42(1) A citizen of Nigeria of a particular community, ethnic group, place of origin, sex, religion or political opinion shall not, by reason only that he is such a person:-
(a) be subjected either expressly by, or in the practical application of, any law in force in Nigeria [/b]or any executive or administrative action of the government, to disabilities or restrictions to which citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions are not made subject; or
(b) be accorded either expressly by, or in the practical application of, [b]any law in force in Nigeria
or any such executive or administrative action, any privilege or advantage that is not accorded to citizens of Nigeria of other communities, ethnic groups, places of origin, sex, religions or political opinions."

Note the bolded @"...any law in Nigeria..."

You are forthwith adviced to fall in line with the law of the land or apply a general rule about posting in the religious section.
A Muslim cannot be free to comment on a christian thread or atheist thread or any other non-muslim thread without swearing to anything, whereas other non-muslims are forced to do so on Muslim threads. That's the highest point of discrimination and suffocation of freedom of religion and expression. It is a coded religious propagation and exactly what an apologist will do; unless you are a closet atheist and a Muslim in real life.

2) Every Friday, Muslim threads are pushed to the front-page, flooding the front page of Nairaland with at least 5+ Muslim threads.
Also, every Sunday, christian threads flood the front-page with at least 5+ threads.
@Seun Osewa has chosen the two days to push religious beliefs to other Nairalanders face without caring about anything.
However, does he accord the same privilege to other people who are not Muslims and Christians? No!

@Seun Osewa, why are you afraid to push the following threads from religion section to front page?
- Freethinkers thread,
- Atheists threads,
- Traditionalists thread,
- Agnostics threads,
- Humanists threads and other threads that are not Muslim or Christian related.
Why do you still discriminate despite having the platform to bridge the silly discrimination that has pervaded the entire Nigeria in our physical world?

You move and push religious propagation, but are afraid to push non-muslim/christian doctrines of christians and Muslims. Yet, you want us to believe you are not religious.

The last time i checked, all the christian and Muslim threads contravenes Rule 8 Of Nairaland, making them unfit to even be existing to begin with.
For emphasis, Rule number 8 of Nairaland Rules states:
"Don't post false information on Nairaland."
All muslim and christian threads on Nairaland are false threads ab initio seeing as they are not facts and have never been proved. They are all simple opinions to begin with, but they're being pushed to the front page nonetheless.

You @Seun Osewa should address this issues immediately. I am not the first to complain, and i am not sure i am even the first person to call you out publicly about this. You can ban me if you want, but stop being a religious apologist and propagandist.

Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.
The same way christian and muslim threads are pushed to the front page is also the same way non-muslim/christian threads should be pushed to the front page at given days of the week. I cannot tell you not to push christian/muslim threads to the front-page because they're a big demographics for your site. However, justice, equity and fairness demands that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Non-muslim/christian threads will hit higher demographics outside the religious section which a lot of people don't enter. But, you are deliberately restricting it because you are an apologist and religious propagandist.
There are a lot of non-believers who visit Nairaland front-page daily. Such threads on the front-page will also tell them about people of similar beliefs, seeing as most people prefer to keep their non-religious beliefs and affiliation to themselves because of the society we are in.
Do what is right, and prove me wrong that you are not a religious apologist and propagandist.

Regards!
You’re a bastard!
Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by budaatum: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
You all should have sympathy. An understanding of Nigeria would make you wonder if people bigger than the owner would allow him to keep this all to himself without somehow compromising him. He might not believe in gods, but he sure would not have a choice whether to bow to his own gods or not. And if he doesn't, NL will be destroyed.

If anything, we should be fighting for his freedom from bondage because he can not fight for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by PastorAIO: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
bigname23:
dat is becos most post by atheist tend to attack other people,s religion and insult their God...you hardly see a christian post attacking Mohamed or Muslim post attacking Jesus...neither do they attack thier respective books

Mehn, that is another forum you’re talking about. Maybe it’s rediced now but many Christian threads attack Moslems and other denominations of even the same Christianity. I would even say the majority of threads are like that.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Osewa, The Biggest Religious Apologist And Propagandist In Nigeria- Opinion by kkins25(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
budaatum:
You all should have sympathy. An understanding of Nigeria would make you wonder if people bigger than the owner would allow him to keep this all to himself without somehow compromising him. He might not believe in gods, but he sure would not have a choice whether to bow to his own gods or not. And if he doesn't, NL will be destroyed.

If anything, we should be fighting for his freedom from bondage because he can not fight for himself.

but how is that possible?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Proof that Allah Killed Muhammad For Falsifying The Quran? / Why Do Religions Deserve Respect? / Is There Any Real Atheist?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.