Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,639 members, 7,941,478 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

I'm Ready To Walk Off The Pitch If Abused Again - Odion Ighalo Fumes At Racism - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Ready To Walk Off The Pitch If Abused Again - Odion Ighalo Fumes At Racism (425 Views)

Humble Sadio Mane Helps Offload Senegal Team Bus, Teammates Walk Off (Photos) / England Club Players Walk Off Pitch After Racist Abuse From Opponent Fans(Photos / Racial Abuse: Tammy Abraham Says English Players Will Walk Off If Targeted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Walk Off The Pitch If Abused Again - Odion Ighalo Fumes At Racism by mjbrainiac: 10:46am On Jun 06, 2020
Odion Ighalo has expressed his despise for racism, saying he will take a different approach by walking off the pitch if racially abused again.

The Manchester United striker who is on loan from Shanghai Shenhua spoke about being racially abused by an opposition player in the Chinese Super League.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Ighalo says he reported the incident to the Chinese FA but didn't press forward with it.

"In one game in China I got called all sorts of names and after the game, I didn't shake his hand. I walked straight into the dressing room, I was angry, I reported it to the FA.

"I didn't press forward with it, I just let it go because I'm just this kind of guy. I don't like to drag issues out. But I don't think it should be condoned in any country."

Do you agree with him knowing fully well that he might be sanctioned by the Premier League if he does?

Read more:
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=87adebec018b9f5334bbe824d291f165&news_entry_id=s31084873200606en_ng&open_type=transcoded&request_id=PUSH_ENTRY_NEWS_ca0cb403-9c53-4fba-b0d7-56f6192d69cc&from=unknown

1 Like

Re: I'm Ready To Walk Off The Pitch If Abused Again - Odion Ighalo Fumes At Racism by Skmoda360(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nothing will happen.....FA will do nothing jawre cuz the shit is getting real lately.
Re: I'm Ready To Walk Off The Pitch If Abused Again - Odion Ighalo Fumes At Racism by paulolee(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Rafael Nadal Just Received His Ultra-modern Custom Sunreef 80 Power Catamaran / BARCELONA vs STUTTGART All Match Highlights (Depay's Hat-Trick) / Man United Transfer Target Spotted On Plane Amid Transfer Rumor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.