Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died (65315 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by stonecoldcafe: 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders.
Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?

May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by SocialJustice: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
Enculer:

See this Afonja illiterate and Zombie. What do you know about Corona when you live in the zoo?

Swallowing the scams from the UK.

Mumu.
Bush fool, I'm not Yoruba neither do I reside in the South West.

Just bow your head in shame and shut the fukc up. Educating you was a waste of your parent's resources.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by yomi007k(m): 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Investnow2017:

Have noticed people don't read, or read with a warped mindset? Sad.

Naso we see am o. I'm tired too. Most times, they have their conclusions without reading.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Favoritedealer: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
Are you people just this foolish,how Many person do you know in Nigeria,I keep saying it that Nigeria has the highest number of unintelligent youths in the world,you're a perfect example
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
xpool:

What are you afraid of?
You said it does not exist? What then are you sending back?
If it exist in Nigeria, may you become the nairalander that Sheun will reveal to show us that covid19 is real

grin angry angry grin grin grin angry grin grin grin
At the end of the day, you see that majority of them are all cowards. Big cowards. When you are healthy at home with your family, you will think hospitals are empty until you visit. Time for everyone to thank God they use it to spread stupid disbelief. Very stupid disbelief. I like your response grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Salako01(m): 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:

I'm in Abuja and got the news of his demise. I called his line twice but no response. Here in Abuja, I'm yet to see who has died in my neighbourhood except the high profile ones we see/hear in the news

No need to try to convince this people. Let them just be. When E harmmer U then na to come Nairaland testify. That is if it leaves you alive. Sorry for your loss bro.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Codedworld1:
I know of a friend who lost her uncle to covid19. This is typical Nigeria mentality not until people stated dieing on the road b4 we believe it is real. We needs prayers

With the mentality I have observed here even if people die on the street or market or everywhere some stupid people will still not believe. Why? Because stupidity is like a bottomless pit, very very deep cheesy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by robotix: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't exist in Nigeria. All we're saying is our government is blowing it out of proportion for their own personal gains and also using the media as a tool for fear mongering.
Don't bother to quote me if you have issues decoding simple English please
2 different People told me that if you have malaria or any mild symptoms, instructions have been given accross lagos to record them as covid19. That is why the number has been increasing in Lagos...

haba...we are currently at 12k and this is only read or seen online...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Luckydubby7(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Investnow2017:

This pandemic has revealed so much about Nigerians than I would ever have known. I now know why we are where we are. Some comments here stink and are abhorable. And from the tone of English some of these are literate but certainly not educated. I say so because if they were they would certainly know the implication of their expressed uninformed and jaundiced opinions. If the govt is corrupt does that detract from the glaring reality of the ravaging pandemic? Some said the govt is playing politic with it. How does that detract from the danger of the contagion? Some said malaria is worse but is malaria contagious? It is very, very sad, and this abysmal ignorance has led to the explosion of this virus in the world right now. I hope Africa gets out of it soon.
. All these grammars didn't answer the questions some of us have been asking since February, March, April, May and June counting.
Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by naturefellow(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
be careful! Don't be ignorant. You may have the virus and not be even aware of it. Because people react to it differently owing to factors such as immunity, blood type, pre-existing health issues.

If i told you that I think i am presently Covid-19 positive, would you believe?

I experienced some of the symptoms described here including malaria. I've treated malaria. I'm left with loss of appetite, taste and smell (anosmia and aguesia) and a shortness of breath, tiredness I can manage. Look up these online to confirm.

Other severe symptoms as fever, chest pain, coughing, etc are non-existent.

I am recovering I'm glad to say. My sense of smell and taste are recovering. I can now gradually taste pepper in my food, 7up doesn't taste like water anymore and i am strong to go about normal daily activities.

However, i am going to a test center tomorrow for diagnosis and treatment if possible, so i don't put others' health at risk, especially those who may not have immunity like mine.

I thank God for good health and life. Don't wait for a loved one to be claimed by the virus before you believe.
Stay safe, Covid-19 is real!!!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Penco2020(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Either its real or not we just need to protect ourselves. We don't know what they are up to.
Americans had been in the streets protesting for 11th day now, yet NO ONE had drop dead due to coronavirus. But while they were in lockdown, hundreds of people were dying in their hospitals and homes.
You ask me how they are doing it ?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Livelyguy:
Fake news.

I discovered that from time to time, the government or NCDC looks for a poster candidate to spread fear of COVID. They usually appear on twitter or other social media to say that they know someone who has been a victim of covid so as to personalise the whole thing.

Of all the diseases he suffered from, why must covid take the blame?

Covid in Nigeria is nothing but malaria

Government of deception

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Alexk2(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Sir I would like to know your reasons of saying the cases were under reported. Thank you.
Who's recording cases of those who caught the virus but recovered overtime with or without symptoms in there houses, remote villages and towns where our poor health facilities cannot reach?
Who's recording cases of those who died as a result of the disease but never made it to the isolation centers out of either ignorance or whatever?
If you check the record of Britain and USA, they'll give you a breakdown estimate of those who might have died in homes or remote areas alongside the daily records.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Funkyswagzz:
For those asking who knows who.. here is ur answer

They still will not believe. Meanwhile none of them knew anyone that has died from bomb blast in Nigeria. But because God has delivered us they are making mouth instead of thanking him. Do Brazilians right now have time to doubt?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Luckydubby7(m): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Salako01:

No need to try to convince this people. Let them just be. When E harmmer U then na to come Nairaland testify. That is if it leaves you alive. Sorry for your loss bro.
. Lol
Bro we are in the 7th month of this novel virus ooo
Remember covid19 started since December last year. And we recorded our first case since February oooo.
Lagos is opened for over 6 weeks now oooo
We are yet to start picking death bodies on our streets as predicted by u guys oooo.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by tayebest(m): 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't exist in Nigeria. All we're saying is our government is blowing it out of proportion for their own personal gains and also using the media as a tool for fear mongering.
Don't bother to quote me if you have issues decoding simple English please

Covid-19 in Nigeria wasn't blown out of proportion is just that the awareness was excellent. You hardly switch to any media station without Corona Virus topic.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ghettochild(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nigerians, this govt don't care
Self medication is the only way u can help yourself atleast before it gets out of hand..
We can't handle this on a massive scale.. So let's resort to self medication with vit c, antibiotics and antimalarial
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by HoliMaree: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
Corona virus is real, very real, stay safe
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Luckydubby7(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Alexk2:

Who's recording cases of those who caught the virus but recovered overtime with or without symptoms in there houses, remote villages and towns where our poor health facilities cannot reach?
Who's recording cases of those who died as a result of the disease but never made it to the isolation centers out of either ignorance or whatever?
If you check the record of Britain and USA, they'll give you a breakdown estimate of those who might have died in homes or remote areas alongside the daily records.
. But sir don't vex ooo, if I may ask u here now, do you know your covid19 status? If u do, how about all the members of your family? Do you educate and advice them to go for test?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
bluefilm:

Google can show you any picture of Brazilian graves, I ain't disputing that.

But I like to work with reality.

And the reality is this: how come not so many Nigerians are dropping down dead on the streets yet as a result of covid19?

Saudi Arabia has reported 101,000 confirmed cases but less than 70 have died. Qatar has over 68,000 cases only 54 have died. Singapore has close to 40,000 cases only 44 have died. Nigeria has reported only 12,000+ and you want to see graves before you believe!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by 123MB(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
So Pathetic
Medical Laboratory Scientist
The Backbone of the Pandemic
The Hidden Hero...
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by UcheforGod(f): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
TASng:
every sickness & death is now tagged to covid-19, because NCDC need to justify billions of naira they collected.

it's an open secret, all the people that benefit from this SCAMDEMIC are very despirate, the are defending their looting and want it to continue.

we now have NCDC on nairaland & other social media to counter all allegations.

it's very glaring in our eye, that there is nothing like covid-19 in Nigeria, but covid-419 malaria.

Those who actually died are those who have a direct contact from abroad & they are not upto 10.

Stop this nonsense
You got the point
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Grandmeister:

So how many graves are being dug in Nigeria?

Saudi Arabia has reported 101,000 confirmed cases but less than 70 have died. Qatar has over 68,000 cases only 54 have died. Singapore has close to 40,000 cases only 44 have died. Nigeria has reported only 12,000+ and you want to see graves before you believe!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by CanadaOrBust: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
toyosiolamide:

Please take it from those at the frontline Sir,Corona virus does exist.The fact that you do not know anyone personally does not mean it is a propaganda.You yourself may have been a carrier at one point in time and may not have had any symptoms.There are people who will be without symptoms and those with either mild symptoms,moderate or severe symptoms.
Please be enlightened,go about your activities and ensure you observe basic precautions as instructed by authorities and remain hopeful you do not know someone that will personally be affected,which is good if you get me.have a nice week sir.

We are on same side. See my subsequent posts

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by EzzyCarter: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
onlyhuman:

When the figures were minimal Nigerians cried that the figures are too small compared to what we may have out there. And that for every case reported, there is 100* more unreported. Everyone urged the govt to scale up testing. After testing is scaled up and large figures are recorded, same Nigerians are crying that figures are out of proportion.... My opinion; No one knows the extent of covid 19 in Nigeria, we thank God that many of our people are asymptomatic to it. However, live responsibly according to the guidelines given, be very observant and always pray. Don't be a statistical count for new cases or worst still, number of deaths. Live responsibly, practise the new personal hygiene methods and healthy living. RIP to the doctor, my condolences to his family and the people of Nigeria for such a loss.

Hmnnnnn...
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by EzzyCarter: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Receive sense

After you bruv. You obviously lack it grin . Now get the heck outta my mention. go give the phone to mommy
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Alexk2(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. But sir don't vex ooo, if I may ask u here now, do you know your covid19 status? If u do, how about all the members of your family? Do you educate and advice them to go for test?

Are you in Nigeria at all? Those who need testing as far as the available facility is concerned are those with symptoms of who have contacts with a confirmed victim....unless if you have the money to pay for your test which is of course above 10k.
So to answer your question, no cos it's not necessary and will never be necessary by God's grace.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by EzzyCarter: 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
robotix:
2 different People told me that if you have malaria or any mild symptoms, instructions have been given accross lagos to record them as covid19. That is why the number has been increasing in Lagos...

haba...we are currently at 12k and this is only read or seen online...

Lol. Naija no dey carry last na grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Investnow2017: 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
It has been a great concern to informed individuals why the Covid-19 does not have a devastating effect in Africa.

I discovered that countries within the tropical zones have comparatively fewer fatalities. Here is a quick glance at the statistics: I am going to indicate the confirmed cases viz a viz the number of recorded deaths:
Saudi Arabia 101,914 / 712
Pakistan 98,943 / 2,002
Qatar 68,790 / 54
UAE 38,808 / 276
Kuwait 31,848 / 264
Afghanistan 20,342 / 357
Oman 16,882 / 75
Bahrain 14,763 / 25
While there is some truth that the climate of a region may have some effect on coronavirus, I think the effect is more palpable in its potency to lead to fatality than in it's infectivity. As we can see above, although the rate of infection is quite high in those countries, the death rates are rather shockingly low.

On the argument that Nigerians have some measure of immunity to coronavirus in view of their inherent exposure to antimalarial medications is not entirely substantiable especially when it is the case that malaria is a common epidemiological concern in many regions of the world. Malaria is found in more than 100 countries, mainly in tropical regions including:
Large areas of Africa and Asia.
Central and South America.
Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
parts of the Middle East.
some Pacific islands.
The reason why fatality rate to Covid-19 is low in Africa remains a subject line for intense research and study.
There must be something unique outside and beyond the above postulations. Yes, malaria is foreign to Europe, but not those climes listed above. That Brazil which shares almost the same climate with Nigeria and also familiar with malaria has such unimaginable level of fatality to Covid-19 is really cause for concern and study.

It is to be expected, however, that while some factors have proved helpful in limiting the fatality rate to this pandemic in Africa, there are obviously the case of some countries who have been lapse in containing this contagion. Even though the following countries lay within the tropical zones, their records do not look promising. For example;
Egypt 32,612 / 1,198
Iraq 12,366 / 346
Nigeria 12,233 / 342
Algeria 10,050 / 698
Sudan 6,081 / 359
Morocco 8,177 / 208
If Ghana records are to be used as a benchmark, the countries then have a lot to learn from that country. It is generally observed that nations that have been successful with this pandemic have been countries that adopted the following measures:
1) Early intervention and deployment of containment measures.
2) Efficient crisis management protocols
3) Accelerated testing and contact tracing.

I read somewhere that majority of infected ones in Nigeria are within the safe age bracket of 20-50years. Could that have explained our unique ability to fight off this virus even without resort to government intervention? I say this because I am of the school of thought that believes that this virus has infected more persons than are reported by NCDC due to their limited capacity to handle the cases. My belief is not unfounded as there are widespread reports of persons who have fought off this virus while relying on established efficacious medications obtained from informal sources.
I wish the government can do a targeted probe into this observation as this might be a strength that can be harnessed going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Luckydubby7(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Alexk2:

Are you in Nigeria at all? Those who need testing as far as the available facility is concerned are those with symptoms of who have contacts with a confirmed victim....unless if you have the money to pay for your test which is of course above 10k.
So to answer your question, no cos it's not necessary and will never be necessary by God's grace.
. So why the blame of under testing?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.
I doubt your education
What school did you attend?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by EzzyCarter: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
xpool:

No, some are actually arguing it does not exist at all.

Well, they need to change that mindset then

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / This Lady's Weight Loss Transformation Photos Will Leave You Speechless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.