Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:13 PM

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 (21789 Views)

BREAKING: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 / JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 / JOHESU Agrees To Suspend Strike June 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Beautyaddy: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmmm...Does this strike affects private hospital doctors or just doctors that work in government owned hospital
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by GIFTD: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
Is there no other modality to settle this apart from strike..The lives of innocent people are astake...this blood we are sharing"God dey ooo...ARD should find other ways like going to court etc. Hippocratic oat na kwa egbu egbu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by urchcoded(m): 4:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aksnoopy:
They ain't the only people who deserves to be paid more, but they know how to press home their demands bearing in mind their value and what they have to offer to the society. Medical and healthcare practitioners are different from others, because they are trained based on a global standard of practise. Their is a fundamental aspect of practising that you have to know as a medical or healthcare practitioner and it's a global standard, that's why they practise with license. As a matter of fact no one wants to stay in Nigeria and practise in a long run, most wants to make some money to fund their movement to where their services and skills are in high demand and well appreciated.
all dis things you are saying are not peculiar to the medical profession. But if it makes you feel the necessary pride you need to feel about being a doctor, then no wahala. Infact i agree with you. E don do

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Lovelypet28: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:

I castigated not only them but others holding this nation backward. I really did not want to generalize but in a case where generality is used, it means most are to be checked. The nation needs them in this pandemic or scamdemic (as the case may be) not for them to just abandon the poor victims of the disease (if it is real). Well, STRIKE is a weapon in the hands of individual or individuals to make known his/her/their demands. I understand that but we should not politicized lives with our demands. Like I said, the generality is mostly on individuals, even in the universities, there are many lackadaisical professionals who ought not to have been there but due to the loopholes in Nigeria, we now see them there managing the affairs of citadels of learning.
If at all you’re enraged, I beg for your pardon. I’m sorry for that.
It's fine, we good, you just made me relive what I went through during housemanship, 72hrs straight calls for a female for ungrateful pple no be beans sir.
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lovelypet28:

It's fine, we good, you just made me relive what I went through during housemanship, 72hrs straight calls for a female for ungrateful pple no be beans sir.

Amen. That’s the prayer of all who seek greatness for his/her country.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
I like doctors.

Relating with a doctor seems like relating with a banker or pilot.

Better people.

FG should apply for another loan to settle these doctors abeg.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
saraki2019:
May God help us, apart from provision of PPE for covid 19 all other issues are monetary, when you think we have heatless leaders, then the so-called populace are worst,
Come to think of it ASUU are on strike and now NMA are.going amid a pandemic.
When other country like new Zealand are coming out of the pandemic Nigerians doctors and suppose researchers are on holiday

Let them use Abacha loot to settle them.

Nigeria has no priorities. They will over settle legislators and owe doctors.

They use over N600m for school feeding program daily on pupils staying at home. No shame.

Do you know an average banker earns far better than a Nigerian doctor ?

Guy, I Sabi many doctors wey dey Waka on foot after many years of work. They cannot afford a car in this country.

Nawa.

I cannot do that kind work o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by dapsoneh: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
heykims:
Blame ur govt not the doctors
And nobody should talk nonsense about doctors not putting patients first, they should work with empty stomach?
27 billion naira was just approved to renovate the legislators house in Abuja.
Meanwhile hazard allowance for all doctors in Nigeria is a meagre 5000naira.
dont mind the stupid people, they think to be a doctor means you should die a retched human being.
State house with billions of naira as budget doesn't have PCM, who embezzled that money?
Billions of naira was also allocated for renovation of national assembly, nobody talked
People who put their lives at risk to care for civic-19 patients are being treated like shit
This strike is way long overdue
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Coolcalmcollect(m): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:
Why is it that all these unions go on strike immediately there’s an emergent situation? Even though most of them are half-baked doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, etc. immediately there’s an emergency, that’s when you’ll see these mofos going on strike. Wickedness of the highest order. In order not to absolve FG from these crimes of negligence, inconsideration, wickedness, corruption and myopic thinking; I think FG should, even though I know it is not feasible, sort things out with them, otherwise, things would escalate beyond the “normal levels”. This will be too bad for the already SUFFERING and SMILING citizens.
why didnt you study medicine and work for free....do mouth like fowl ynash dey drop shit from tongue
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by HoliMaree: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aksnoopy:
So #200k for an house officer and #200k + for a medical officer or junior reg is money to you abi? Do you know how much medical doctors and other healthcare practitioners are paid in some other African countries? Going on strike is the only way NMA can press home their demands and how can you strike without downing tools? Don't blame doctors and other healthcare practitioners whenever they go on strike, rather blame your irresponsible government. In saner climes, the government doesn't wait until worker start pressing for demands before they do the needful, they have a designated ministry for that, and that's the ministry of Labour. Haven't you read about how physicians in Canada rejected an increase in their pay? No government or employer has the right to deduct arbitrarily from the wages or salaries of their employees without their prior consent, it doesn't happen anywhere Stop defending an irresponsible government.

Get away. I puke whenever i see a Nigerian doctor
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Gallasy047: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ah is that so we are finished be better na God hand we de this country don tire me i swear
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Yello1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:

You typed good until I got to the last sentence to realize you are such a great half-baked. It is “when” and “their” not “wen” and “dere.

You can’t be using a constructive English in your write up with two inappropriate pidginized words in the above. It is illogical. I understand CODE-SWITCHING and CODE-MIXING but yours above belongs to none of them.

Now I see, where you are missing it. Gud lock on your search for full-baked. It is pointless dragging dis on and on
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
Worship what? Lol which doc will not feel fine but make sure patient feel fine. If it is all about sacrifice why are they on strike?
ainas247:
embarassed They worship Doctors in Other countries...
Some Doc will not feel fine and they will make sure you feel fine ...
It is well with Nigeria Gov.

Meanwhile, I have a Beauty Blog.
that gets 3000 clicks from Google SEO monthly
it's for sale
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Is your own medical school hell? Stop this crazy narrative. You are there to study. Depreciating value of naira affects everyone for heaven's sake. Doctors are one of the top earners in the country. Please say something else.
Aksnoopy:
This guy sef! Despite the ever depreciating value of naira. Only if you know what it takes to pass through medical school.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
What do you mean by ungrateful people? Same houseman ship you were paid for? You are there to learn and make money. Stop forming useless sacrifice you can't offer. Infact you are crazy for saying "ungrateful people".
Lovelypet28:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Unfortunately Nigerian doctors are in there mainly for the money
apatheticme:

'Ordinary' student doctor abi?

Do you know what that 'ordinary' student doctor goes through everyday in the name of ward rounds, clerkships, seminars and clinical meetings, theatres with surgeries back to back, may be on calls for days not going home, day and night, exposed to all sorts of diseases, yet must read in order to be abreast of the ever dynamic world of medicine so as to care for sick patients.

But ignorant lots like you will only be focused of course on the money! It is always the money as far as a black man is concerned!

Did he/she not work for the 'peanuts' being paid in the Nigerian health care sector?? Any small thing, y'all jump out and castigate doctors. Come and be in a doctor's shoes for just a week, Ozuo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Eazie351(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
sacajawea:
Shut the Bleep up! And stop being a Fool!! Be serious for once in your miserable life!
your misfortune is not my fault. you know?
so shoo!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nigerian doctors are overrated in Nigeria. All they know is money, money, and money.
Tupaq:
'Yeye dey smell. What's their usefulness before and during d pandemic. Nigeria doctors arent doing anything special, let not the govt be intimidated or buoyed by their strike threats. Most people with covid 19 are recovering by themselves without d help of any fvcking doctors.
The only doctors doing great are d European and d US doctors. Our doctors here ain't doing shvit. Infact let them go on eternal strike, Nigeria version of covid 19 is not lethal. We're OK undecided'

Stop deceiving people. Don't add the growing number of people with corona virus. Please take responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by apatheticme(f): 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Correcto:
Unfortunately Nigerian doctors are in there mainly for the money

And how many doctors have you talked to before making this generalization of 'Nigerian doctors'

Why do we so much love to denigrate our own

Nigerian women, Nigerian girls, Nigerian doctors, Nigerian police, Nigerian this Nigerian that!

Are you from America The so called First world are not perfect! They've got their own shortcomings as well which ignorant folks like you are unaware of because you're too lazy to conduct research, u'll rather jump to conclusions like a frog even when you have no idea what goes on in a particular field!

Tueh!

Me I'm a doctor, I am passionate about my job, and I've been owed severally by the irresponsible government of the day, yet I give my best daily!

Even today as I type, I'm still been owed some months yet I've been to work today, I know the number of patients I've attended to today both at clinic and in the ward.

Come and walk in my shoes for a month, let's see if you will not strike!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by ogubolokento(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thieves primary health care system and it's workers has been suffering without any allowance for years especially in Rivers State but your here talking of strike over 26 people do you have conscience

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by apatheticme(f): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
HoliMaree:

Pls keep up the 'puking', Ur guts would soon be fried!

Nigerian this, Nigerian that. Keep denigrating your country, you think that makes you better!

I just hope it's American or European doctors who attend to you and your low self esteemed family whenever you 'puke' literally!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
g
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by HoliMaree: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
apatheticme:

Pls keep up the 'puking', Ur guts would soon be fried!

Nigerian this, Nigerian that. Keep denigrating your country, you think that makes you better!

I just hope it's American or European doctors who attend to you and your low self esteemed family whenever you 'puke' literally!

Mark my words lady, a time will come when people will see doctors and lynch them on streets, you won't be able to walk and move freely in this country because of your heartlessness
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lol my profession has enabled me work and coordinate with your consultants from Nigeria and Abroad not babies like you. Clown!!!
apatheticme:

And how many doctors have you talked to before making this generalization of 'Nigerian doctors'

Nigerian women, Nigerian girls, Nigerian doctors, Nigerian police, Nigerian this Nigerian that!

Are you from America The so called First world are not perfect! They've got their own shortcomings as well which ignorant folks like you are unaware of because you're too lazy to conduct research, u'll rather jump to conclusions like a frog even when you have no idea what goes on in a particular field!

Tueh!

Me I'm a doctor, I am passionate about my job, and I've been owed severally by the irresponsible government of the day, yet I give my best daily!

Even today as I type, I'm still been owed some months yet I've been to work today, I know the number of patients I've attended to today both at clinic and in the ward.

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by shegzieflex: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
apatheticme:

Tueh!

Doc you get time answering these ignorant folks. Many of them, at the slightest opportunity, spew trash at doctors for one singular reason; they are frustrated! Many envy doctors for just being doctors!
I've read several comments from these ignorant dudes and all I can do is laugh. They obviously don't know what it means to be a medical doctor in this country. They don't know many of us are writing foreign exams so we can leave this country for them; after all one idiot above said we are half-baked grin cheesy
Two days ago I had to attend to a woman with suspected COVID-19 infection (still awaiting the result but her symptoms are highly suggestive), come and see the so called PPE I was given! We at the battle front struggle to have the right PPE, and you see the politicians wearing the N95 facemasks in their offices!! You pay a doctor #5000 as hazard allowance for managing highly contagious diseases, and the politicians earn enormous allowances for newspapers,wardrobe, travels e.t.c! Then when the doctor voices out the masses, who will still run to the doctor when they fall sick, will be the first to call them unprintable names! What a shame of a country!
Till today, I'm being owed up to six months salary and not sure if it will be paid; yet I work!
The best we can do is to ignore the rantings of these ignorant folks, after all even fools are entitled to their opinions. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by apatheticme(f): 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
HoliMaree:

Mark my words lady, a time will come when people will see doctors and lynch them on streets, you won't be able to walk and move freely in this country because of your heartlessness

Have you 'lynched' your reps and governors who loot you dry? No

Misfired aggression!

Abeg swerve, your hatred for doctors would eat you alive if you don't desist!

Ozuo!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Aksnoopy: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
HoliMaree:

If you continue that way, you might end up eating it when you get sick. grin
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Aksnoopy: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Correcto:
Is your own medical school hell? Stop this crazy narrative. You are there to study. Depreciating value of naira affects everyone for heaven's sake. Doctors are one of the top earners in the country. Please say something else.
It is actually, ask anyone who passed through it. Maybe you will learn to show some respect when you hear the narratives.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by apatheticme(f): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mumu don't go and read your book. Keep exaggerating. If you are not motivate to study hard in the medical school, you can never be serious with your life.
Aksnoopy:
It is actually!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Correcto: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lol you are just a child. Grow up and learn to understand.
apatheticme:

So because you have 'worked and coordinated consultants' u're suddenly an authority on doctors and doctor related issues

If this is what you could come up with in response to my well detailed points on why you should value your own things, then you're dumber than I thought.

Pls, kindly do whatever you want and keep 'coordinating consultants', leave me alone, after all I'm a 'baby'.

Mtchewwww

Arrogant Son of a bitch!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by apatheticme(f): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
shegzieflex:

Doc you get time answering these ignorant folks. Many of them, at the slightest opportunity, spew trash at doctors for one singular reason; they are frustrated! Many envy doctors for just being doctors!
I've read several comments from these ignorant dudes and all I can do is laugh. They obviously don't know what it means to be a medical doctor in this country. They don't know many of us are writing foreign exams so we can leave this country for them; after all one idiot above said we are half-baked grin cheesy
Two days ago I had to attend to a woman with suspected COVID-19 infection (still awaiting the result but her symptoms are highly suggestive), come and see the so called PPE I was given! We at the battle front struggle to have the right PPE, and you see the politicians wearing the N95 facemasks in their offices!! You pay a doctor #5000 as hazard allowance for managing highly contagious diseases, and the politicians earn enormous allowances for newspapers,wardrobe, travels e.t.c! Then when the doctor voices out the masses, who will still run to the doctor when they fall sick, will be the first to call them unprintable names! What a shame of a country!
Till today, I'm being owed up to six months salary and not sure if it will be paid; yet I work!
The best we can do is to ignore the rantings of these ignorant folks, after all even fools are entitled to their opinions. grin

Doc, I've rested, I nor get power!

We truly deserve the society we have, and with the way things are going, there's no hope anytime soon, I fear for our sons and daughters!

A society that does not value itself, doesn't value life, health, people, women, children, other's beliefs and religions.

It is well. Abeg who get means should japa oh. They'll wake up one day and find out no doctors are here again. They'll wail to their 'chemists' as usual.

Retards!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rachel The Piper Foundation Reaches Out To The Poor / Woman Who Gave Birth To Quadruplets Dies In Katsina (Photo) / ‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.