Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,738 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:04 PM

Say No To School Re-opening For Now - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Say No To School Re-opening For Now (1242 Views)

School Re-opening: We Are Still On Strike, ASUU Insists / School Resumption: FG Gives New Guidelines On School Re-opening Nationwide / School Re-opening: Will Morning And Afternoon Classes Suggested By FG Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To School Re-opening For Now by princepalace: 2:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are we in Russia? then why the rush? we have only one life to live. No duplicate. Can't we learn from Israel? Schools were opened, withing few days, they were closed again. why? the innocents children have contracted the disease. just imagine! Why mounting pressure on the government with fake news to open schools? Until confirmed drug/vaccine for this dreadful pandemic is found, I as a person will never allow any of my children to go to school. Government is free to open schools, it is her business not mine.I will not bury my children rather they are the one that will bury me. My choice and opinion anyway.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Oga u dae mad

9 Likes

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Let me question your use of the term "dreadful".
There's nothing dreadful about covid-19, at least not to Nigerians.
I'm yet to understand the rationale behind locking down the country for a virus that has killed 350 people in 4months, yet alone keeping institutions further shut.
Nigerians are yet to start thinking for themselves.
Our government hardly solves any problem right, this being no exception; while we the citizens are stuck in fear, ignorance induced fear.
If the outbreak had occurred and had been confined to Nigeria, with the nature of the virus in this country, we wouldn't even have noticed that there's a new string of virus in our midst, neither would we have declared it an endemic nor shut down the country.
We are simply copying and panicking based on what we're seeing on television.
Schools should remain shut but markets and offices are open; last time I checked, kids have less to worry about than adults regarding this virus.
NBS just said 4 out of 10 of Nigerians lost their jobs in April, including teachers.
But sure, let's keep up with the mass hysteria over a flu.
Did you know that Lassa fever has killed more Nigerians this year than covid-19? Oh wait, that's right, you didn't know there was a Lassa outbreak this year,cause it's not happening in US,UK and Italy.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by thankyouJesus(m): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Your argument is flawed. How long are we going to continue this restriction? If a vaccine is not made soon, what will be the fate of the country? What about teachers? How will they survive? An article was published by NBS this week about job loss due to government's regulations regarding COVID-19, do you want the economy to be crippled? The educational sector should be gradually opened for students in final year, SS3, JSS3 and Primary 6.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/18/french-minister-tells-of-risks-of-missing-school-as-more-pupils-return-covid-19

3 Likes

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by ovoP(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Your argument is flawed... As a matter of fact the reason schools are not opened is to protect the adults. Statistics has shown d virus isn't very fatal and even less fatal or not fatal to kids...

Students should be allowed to go back to Schools, because it wouldn't make sense to open up d economy and all and leave kids at home ...

You talk about vaccine, That means your kids wouldn't attend schools again.

4 Likes

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by FrankBass281(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
I say a big capital letter with no small letter NO
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Jman06(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
Let's open universities and also allow WAEC students to write their exams.

University students are not kids!

There's no rationale in opening churches, mosques and markets while still closing universities!

University students (especially Postgraduate students) are supposed to be busy in school brainstorming on how to find a cure for covid-19! They shouldn't be left wasting away at home!

Do our leaders think at all

10 Likes

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Mentcee(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
princepalace:

Are we in Russia? then why the rush? we have only one life to live. No duplicate. Can't we learn from Israel? Schools were opened, withing few days, they were closed again. why? the innocents children have contracted the disease. just imagine! Why mounting pressure on the government with fake news to open schools? Until confirmed drug/vaccine for this dreadful pandemic is found, I as a person will never allow any of my children to go to school. Government is free to open schools, it is her business not mine.I will not bury my children rather they are the one that will bury me. My choice and opinion anyway.
May God bless you abundantly?
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Mentcee(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Macro231101:
Oga u dae mad

I think you're referring to yourself!
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Rilwayne001: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Mentcee:

May God bless you abundantly?

I was expecting you to reply to what Rgade said.
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by alternateReality: 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are u protecting the kids or adults by the restriction? Kids are less likely to experience severe symptoms talk more of it being fatal. Schools are more important than churches and mosques but you religious folks applaud their openings. Schools must be reopening in two weeks. U want to open clubs and event centres and leave sch? Can u dance and maintain social distancing?

1 Like

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by obonujoker(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
princepalace:

Ode. Why not stay at home with your kids too instead of going to work since you are so scared of covid-19??
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Dreamliner787(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
@ OP. Are you Mad?!
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by suremanpatriot: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Whoever wrote this post :YOU ARE HIGHLY INSANE sadMay this post render you and your likes useless.Dont ever post this nuisance go lock ya life and family up forever Ewu!
Is 300covid death in nigeria same at 50,000 death in europe.Fool yu no dey read proper news,na ppl lik yu dey bewitch mustava for his misdeeds.

1 Like

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by 1234IKECHhukwu: 4:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Macro231101:
Oga u dae mad
He is really mad indeed.
Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by Nopanties: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2020
princepalace you must be very stupid for creating a thread such as this. Italy and china that were badly hit, have opened schools and life has returned to normal without any vaccine. Here in Nigeria that we aren't even sure if this disease exists, u r saying schools should remain closed. You're a fool o. God purnish you.

1 Like

Re: Say No To School Re-opening For Now by sammirano: 8:44am On Jun 09, 2020
This one has chosen for his children to continue wallowing in the same ignorance he is currently suffering from.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Announces 2023/2024 UTME Dress Code / The First List Is Out Unilorin / Info On Anatech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.