Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,495 members, 7,975,013 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:41 PM

Feel The Fear And Pursue Your Career Anyway! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Feel The Fear And Pursue Your Career Anyway! (170 Views)

How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Goals To Pursue Before 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feel The Fear And Pursue Your Career Anyway! by zubyacademy: 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY

I got the inspiration for this article title of mine from a wonderful book written by Susan Jeffers, and I seek your indulgence as I give my personal take on this phenomenon called Fear, and how it affects you as an Entrepreneur.

We all have an idea of what Fear is, but what exactly is it that we Entrepreneurs fear the most? Don’t be too quick with the answer, flow with me for a little bit.

Fear cripples many, so to avoid this, the mantra has always been ‘do not fear’ and here lies the problem because if I tell you ‘do not think of a pink elephant’; ; I can easily guess what just popped into your mind…Lol grin

What you resist persist, so to tell you not to Fear is to ignite the Fear, it’s a vicious circle most of us get entrapped in, but not to worry, Zuby Chuks is here to save the day…. cool
It took a whole week of my usual online sessions with my honourable students for them to understand my philosophy of making peace with the ‘monster’ inside you. Fear, Anger, Frustration etc. these are vices we strive to NOT accommodate in our mental state, and this as it has been observed creates a vicious circle because as noted earlier ‘What You Resist Persist’.

So what do I teach; it’s a counter-intuitive method which is for you to EMBRACE your Fears and take ownership of them, and one of the first things you observe is the peace of mind that comes with taking this step.

Note please, the Fear doesn’t go away, but the Fear itself observably becomes attenuated and this weakness of the fear, gives you a surge of Confidence to take charge of your life!

Taking full charge of your financial status is a duty you must uphold for yourself, for your family and for humanity.
This Covid-19 era is no time for Fear but time to Act, time to Innovate, time to be very useful and that’s the keyword; Useful.
So allowing your Fear of failure (which is what entrepreneurs really fear) will do you no good.

One of my favourite axiom for Fear is this; Let my Fear Propel me not Cripple me.

Yes, let my ‘fear’ that is what I typed in because I acknowledge my Fear, I know it’s there, I don’t deny it nor cover it up with arrogance and platitudes, rather I take ownership of it and it reduces its power over me, and this enables me to do what needs to be done; important stuffs like networking with best minds, marketing, product creation, accepting rejection, taking in failure after failure without losing my enthusiasm for my goals and aspirations and these stuffs are more important than my Fears.

Mind you, Bravery is not the absence of Fear, but that despite the Fear, you hold to your Faith in yourself, Faith in your vision and Faith in the omnipotent Creator.

I take out time first to build the mind-set of my students before delving into any practical online courses that is on the table because, mentorship is not a day job….it’s a lifetime endeavour.

In one of my sessions, my students expressed their Fears as regards the financial strength of potential clients due to covid-19 and I made them realise that once there is problem to solve then there is money to be made.

And another quick way to starve your Fears is to make a paradigm shift from Problem thinking to Solution thinking.

This recommendation of mine did wonders as one of my protégé worked on a client’s sales pitch and the client in question got a supply contract worth millions of naira and this was all achieved through simple but effective content creation that we worked on together.
It vividly shows that the solution to your financial fears lies in the ACTION you take DESPITE the fear.

Please answer these questions of mine with sincerity;
 Can you solve problems that are worth paying for?
 Can you be the bridge between Problem City and Solution City?
 Can you agree with me that the failure you fear is a guaranteed to happen when you allow it cripple you?

Feel the Fear and do what your Faith tells you to do, it is not by sight, because the real world is the unseen world and the unseen world is handled successfully when you THINK and ACT in certain ways that are in tandem with increase for all humanity. It’s not all about you.

My Motto remains; give to everyone more than you take from them. Never stop learning and ALWAYS network with the best because your Network is your Net worth.

I remain your faithful humble teacher

Nzube Chukwuekem
Founder: Zuby Chuks Academy
Convenor: Zuby Chuks Fan Club (Facebook Group)

(1) (Reply)

Wifi-soft / Looking For Business Development Manager For An Health Management Start-up / How To Survive In This Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.