Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:41 AM

The First Thing That Needs Doing To Avoid DEAD WORKS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Thing That Needs Doing To Avoid DEAD WORKS (140 Views)

How Do I Purge Myself From Dead Works? / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service / The Difference Between "Dead Works" And "Works Of Faith" - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First Thing That Needs Doing To Avoid DEAD WORKS by davidinchrist(m): 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
It's good to be good by doing good. It's nice to be religious: attending fellowship meetings; denying oneself; praying and fasting; helping others, giving for God's work; preaching the gospel; etc.

However, that's NOT THE FIRST THING required by Jesus:

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE me, OBEY my Commandments. (NOT activities FIRST)

There are many Christians who haven't understood this elementary aspect fully well. Many were just told to come forward to repeat the sinners prayer, and maybe sign some church or denominational forms to be part of them.

It is not a bad idea to fellowship in a local church (if you find one with a Christlike leader, though), BUT Jesus NEVER made GOING to Church the FIRST thing to be done:

Matt.19.17 - ... But if you WANT TO ENTER into Life, KEEP the commandments."

And these commandments are scattered through the New testament, but especially in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Moreover, what's the use of going to Church without FIRST LOVING JESUS with ones WHOLE heart, and then KEEPING the commandments?

I don't mean the Old Covenant life of the "10 Commandments, Tithing, First fruits, Holy days, Ceremonial laws, etc. BUT of the NEW COVENANT of the Spirit which is in LOVE:

Matt.22.37 - Jesus said to him, ""You shall LOVE the LORD your God with ALL your heart, with ALL your soul, and with ALL your mind.'

Matt.22.38 - This is the FIRST and GREAT commandment.

Matt.22.39 - And the SECOND is like it: "You shall LOVE your neighbor as yourself.'

Nonetheless, what's the use of being CALLED a Believer/Christian/Pastor/Prophet/Bishop/Brother/Sister and so on, when we still LOVE MONEY, the honour or glory of Men MORE THAN Jesus: it's POINTLESS!

This is what leads to DEAD WORKS: works that are NOT acceptable to God because they are NOT done in LOVE for God. They are works birthed out of the LUST TO MAKE MONEY or get HONOUR in the NAME of Jesus. Such might be acceptable to Men/Church, but NOT to Jesus.

And the bible says we got to REPENT of Dead Works:

Hebrews 6:1 KJV
Therefore leaving the principles of the DOCTRINE of Christ, let us go on unto PERFECTION; not laying again the foundation of REPENTANCE FROM DEAD WORKS, and of faith toward God...

Works under the LAW (either of Moses or Any Pastor/Man) too are NOW DEAD WORKS. But WORKS done in LOVE of God are acceptable.

For instance, if you GIVE or DO something religious, and you don't do or give it CHEERFULLY, it is a DEAD WORK.

That's why MANY of our religious works including many common Church activities, Tithing, Fasting and Praying, Praise and Worship, Evangelism, etc are DEAD WORKS if they are not DONE IN LOVE but of COMPULSION or by FORCE: merely to PLEASE Men or people in general:

2Cor.9.7 - So let each one GIVE as he PURPOSES in his heart, NOT grudgingly or of necessity; for God "loves" a CHEERFUL GIVER.

Are we still under the Law of Moses/Pastors, or of the Spirit of Love in Jesus?

Are we doing lots of things merely to PLEASE Religious Men or People but NOT cheerfully?

We've got to Repent of Sins as well as DEAD WORKS, in order to do REAL GOOD WORKS with Love in Jesus.

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like

Re: The First Thing That Needs Doing To Avoid DEAD WORKS by Missyajoke(f): 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
It is well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Changes Things !! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/06/2020 / Conversion To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.