Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,527 members, 7,934,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 10:02 AM

- Wisdom Is The Key - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / - Wisdom Is The Key (643 Views)

Love Without Understanding And Wisdom Is Equal To An Unfulfilled Marriage. / What Wisdom Is This. / Wisdom Is Profitable To Direct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

- Wisdom Is The Key by yommyuk: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2011
Jeremiah 6:13-14

From the least to the greatest, their lives are ruled by greed. From prophets to priest, they are all frauds. They offer superficial treatments for my people’s mortal wound. They give assurance of peace when there is no peace.

The churches of today are ruled by greed that they sought gain even by devious methods. Most of these people called (pastors, overseer, Apostles or Man of god) are frauds. They do not function as their titles indicate that they should. The sinful condition of the people who attend these churches can be compared to a mortal wound that deserves God’s judgement. Instead of calling for repentance, these so called leaders give people false assurances that all is well.  LAIRS!

Jeremiah 6:20

There is no use offering me sweet frankincense from Sheba. Keep your fragrant calamus imported from distant lands! I will not accepts you burnt offerings. Your sacrifices have no pleasing aroma for me.

Waoh!

The Lord is saying that the offering, the tithes, the worship of these so called false gatherings are repulsive to him. The Lord will take no delight in such gathering. It is all vanity upon vanity before the Lord of Host.

Jeremiah 6:16

This is what the Lord says:
“Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, No, that’s not the road we want.

The question that beckon is this “The Choice is yours” You either choose the narrow or broad path. It is called Freewill brethren. However the consequence of the path you choose to follow comes from the Lion of Judah. There will be no escape.

How can we choose the right path? Hosea 4:6 says that people are destroyed because they refuse to know the Lord. Proverbs 1:7 states that the fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge. Do you fear God? Many hate knowledge and choose not to fear the Lord. Job 21:14 tells us that such people even say to God, “Go away, We want no part of you and your ways. Who is the Almighty and why should we obey him? Such people will eventually die a spiritual death.

Proverbs 1:33

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.

The only person that we should fear is God. The one who can kill both body and soul in an instant. Read the Word of God, Pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal the benefits of fearing the Lord. Ask the Lord to give you deeper understanding of what the Holy Spirit is revealing to you in the word of God. Then lastly, ask God to give you the wisdom to apply the Knowledge and understanding that you have gained.

CONCLUSION

Proverbs 2

My son, if you accept my words
   and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
   and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
   and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
   and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
   and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
   from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
   he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
   and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9 Then you will understand what is right and just
   and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
   and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
   and understanding will guard you.
12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
   from men whose words are perverse,
13 who have left the straight paths
   to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong
   and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked
   and who are devious in their ways.
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
   from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
   and ignored the covenant she made before God.[a]
18 Surely her house leads down to death
   and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
   or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
   and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land,
   and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
   and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

The above is what it is all about.

God Bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Daily Motivation: From Fresh Insights: / Ifa Divination For The Month Of May / I Am God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.