Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,302 members, 7,904,285 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House (1058 Views)

My Ex Is Threatening Me / She Is Threatening To Leak His Nudes / Help! A Man Is Threatening To Release My Nudes, I'm Depressed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2020
Good morning everyone,
my late father before his demise was a clergy, he died last year December after battling with stroke.
Am the first born from my mother to my father, but I am not my father's first born, because my dad had 3 wives, which my mom happened to be the last wife. but since after his death my step siblings didn't bother to come to claim any of my father's property, even when he was alive they hardly come to check on him, and my dad never wrote any will. so my mom assumed the role of the landlord. so recently, I had a little disagreement with her over some issues about not being able to secure a job, which I lost during this lockdown period because she has been the one taking care of son, so I noticed whenever things get heated she will then threaten to send me out of the house, which we are not even sharing the same room. which I told her she can't do, because it's my father's house and when it is the right time I will move out but not on her orders.

so pls guys, I need advice from you, does she have the right to send me out?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Oluromantic: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2020
But d truth is what u said already. She has no right to chase u out till you're ready. Except shes sure you're a bastard. But so long you're a legit son of ur father, you have a right there. Don't relax too much too as ur half-siblings can show up anytime to sell the building unless ur father built it in ur mother's name.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Odion2016(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2020
I read clergy,,,then i saw 3 wives..well,,none of my business..
Tell her to go to her father's house instead..
You the boss man....
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Ningen(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2020
That house belong to your parent.

It wasn't built in your name.
And neither have you inherited it.

You are an adult, under her stewardship.
She CAN send you out.

So make it a priority to leave that house.
Strive to be independent. Establish your own.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by paulolee(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2020
go hustle and wen u are made, come bk n buy d house bk if u stll de vex..

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Oluromantic: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2020
Ningen:

She CAN send you out.

He already said he'll move out when it's time. Means he's working towards it. A mother shd not find that difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Ningen(m): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2020
Oluromantic:

He already said he'll move out when it's time. Means he's working towards it. A mother shd not find that difficult to understand.

True but not all “mothers” are understanding.
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Oluromantic:

But d truth is what u said already. She has no right to chase u out till you're ready. Except shes sure you're a bastard. But so long you're a legit son of ur father, you have a right there. Don't relax too much too as ur half-siblings can show up anytime to sell the building unless ur father built it in ur mother's name.
infact all the house documents is in my possession
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2020
Ningen:

She CAN send you out.

working towards that already though, but the question is can she send away my step siblings?
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by umarshehu58(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Ok

Next please
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Professorcplus(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2020
@op your situation you're currently is a phase of your life and words like that are causal words most Nigerian mother said to their children when in misunderstanding. You need to apply wisdom. Just act calm, try not reply back when in hot argument, try avoid any crises with her at all cost and focus more on your goal of getting job.

All these will earn her your respect in long run. When you finally get a job and become independent, she will reflect back at those moments with you and will be the one calling you to come visit her because she feel alone in the house.
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Fidelismaria: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2020

yes

Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Oluromantic: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2020
soulstalker:
Good. She's at ur mercy sef. Don't argue with her then. Anytime she chase u out just go along with the documents.
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Levels1(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
soulstalker:

The fact that the documents are in her possession doesn't make her the rightful owner, subject to litigation in case of any misdeed.

She doesn't have such power to send you out as the main reasons why she was still in the house after the death of her husband, your father is you.

You are the ticket that gives are rooms or ground to stay/to remain in the house ,I.e your existence in life if otherwise family members will have send her packing.
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Vintax(m): 11:18am On Jun 09, 2020
Go to a lawyer and seek a legal help or advice or go to a public complaint office and seek for legal advice on what to do in such a case or sale the entire house so that the new owners can send her out because i dont think she is truly your biological mother but a foster mother and possibly she killed your father so that she can inherit his house and marry another man
Re: My Mother Is Threatening To Send Me Out Of My Late Father's House by Kenoxman(m): 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
For ur peace of mind pls find way and leave. It will hard for you to succeed in such a toxic environment.

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Story With Addictions / Who Is Much Happier In This Picture? / At What Stage Would You Consider They Are The One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.