Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,361 members, 7,943,877 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

How To Boost Your Self-esteem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Boost Your Self-esteem (322 Views)

Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Boost Your Self-esteem by swankmee(f): 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
What is the opinion you have about yourself? Do you think you are ugly, too fat, too slim, very dull? Do you feel like you are way below the standard of a particular set of people? Do you think that you are a failure, do you feel like you are a mistake or somehow you feel pathetic about yourself? Do you think you can’t be successful? Listen, friend, all these are symptoms of self-esteem. You must have been hearing about self-esteem or self-esteem issues but you probably do not understand what it all means. You see, self-esteem is the opinion you have about yourself. It is the degree to which you feel confident, or worthy of respect. However, your self-esteem can either be healthy or unhealthy or what we popularly call; low self-esteem or high self-esteem. For the purpose of this article, we will talk more about low self-esteem.

Then how do you know you have low self-esteem issues? It’s quite simple! You see low self-esteem issues are often characterized by depression and anxiety. Most people with low self-esteem often; use their accomplishments or successes to mask their insecurities. People in this category, often are afraid of failing, they have what I call false confidence. They wear a bold front but within them, they aren’t really bold. And so they may look happy on the outside and are actually depressed on the inside. Most celebrities fall within this category. There was news I read recently about a Japanese wrestler who was just 22 years, killed herself because of a cyber bully. Such a person has been living in pretense, to the public because I believe suicidal thoughts aren’t borne in a day. They keep accumulating so if you fall within this category you have serious self-esteem issues.

NOW, HOW DO YOU BUILD YOUR SELF ESTEEM?
It’s quite important to have high self-esteem because you need it in every sphere of your life. Let me give you 5 keys that would help boost your self-esteem;

SHUT OUT NEGATIVE AFFIRMATION
We most certainly have that inner critic in us that keeps telling you, you aren’t good enough or you aren’t pretty enough. Shut it out! When you shut out all these negative affirmations it wouldn’t have any effect on you. Instead, refocus your thoughts on good things or on things that would bring you a positive value.

PRACTICE SELF-APPRECIATION!

Take out time to outline the nice things you do for people for instance; I make people laugh through my stories, I am thoughtful

Read more @ www.theyouthblog.com
Re: How To Boost Your Self-esteem by affirmlive: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
I love to be here and also love to have thoughts to build self-esteem. Whoever reading this I would like to say it really works for more affirmations check out Self Esteem Affirmations for day to day life. It provides you strength also find your suitable affirmations below the article to use in your hectic schedule to boost your Self Esteem.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno L9 Plus Available For Sale / Special Package For Women / Life Coach Solomon Buchi Encourages Selflessness In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.