Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,925 members, 7,890,055 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:31 AM

George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury (408 Views)

Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd / Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund: Sancho Scores Hat-trick And Pays Tribute To George Floyd / Jay-Jay Okocha: "Racism In Germany, I Never Knew I Was Black Until I Got There" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury by XXLMANDIGO: 2:24am On Jun 10, 2020
World heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury, has said that he suffered racism in 2020.

According to the British boxer, he and his wife, Paris Fury, were turned away from a restaurant in the United Kingdom due to his Traveller heritage.

Fury said this while reacting to the racial justice protests taking place around the world following the killing of 46-year-old black American, George Floyd by a US policeman.

The 31-year-old told GMB on Wednesday: “I think it is a terrible thing that’s happened with the guy [George Floyd] who has been choked – unacceptable behaviour from any colour or race of people.

“A lot of riots have been going on in America, and I think they are trying to make a point and let people know it is unacceptable.

“Blackout should not just be a one-day thing, and you should not just post it then forget about it for the other 364 days in a year.

“Because I am a white male and I suffered racism in 2020 as a white person, coming from a Travelling background.

“Even today you can go into pubs, and you can see signs saying, ‘No Travellers or gypsies allowed’.”

He added: “Paris and I went to go to a restaurant and they said no gypsies allowed.

“I said, ‘I am a heavyweight champion of the world representing this country [United Kingdom]’

www.dailypost.ng/2020/06/03/george-floyd-i-suffered-racism-in-2020-tyson-fury/

Re: George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury by XXLMANDIGO: 2:27am On Jun 10, 2020
myndd44 lalasticlala
Re: George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury by budaatum: 3:15am On Jun 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury by paulolee(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2020
hmmmm
Re: George Floyd: I Suffered Racism In 2020 -Tyson Fury by XXLMANDIGO: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2020
WBC Heavyweight Champion. Tyson Fury

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Move Quick To Agree £140m Deal For Jadon Sancho Ahead Of Manchester / How To Use A Naijabet Booking Code. / Cristiano Ronaldo Sets New European Record With 50th Series A Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.