Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,212 members, 7,947,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:25 PM

Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare (8628 Views)

I’ll RUN PRO-PEOPLE GOVT. Omisore / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by 5STAR(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
Who said Christians can not be involved in Politics?, the constitution does say they can, if we desire change ,what better way than exemplary leadership/service which i think he has demonstrated to show it, with my heart i like GEJ, buh with my head and thumb i will vote PTB if he decides to contest.

P:S:   God is interested in everything that concerns men and their destinies, don't be deceived, and yes politics inclusive, Jesus constantly addressed pharisees and scribes who were the rulers( Jewish ) in His days
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by scud(m): 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
As per the Voters Card stuff, the mood by which the man was saying it was a soft mood, we all laughed over it yesterday. It was not a serious issue. I was in the church.

Let us ask questions rather than coming to a conclusion. Some of us that attend the church (though some have mixed feelings as per this situation) are praying that God should guide him right. I am not a Buhari person but Ribadu's. I respect my Pastor because he has never lied to us or conned us but trained and exhort us to ask questions which we are going to ask.

If you are in doubt, ask question, that's one of our slogan at LRA
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by paris10: 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2011
5STAR:

Who said Christians can not be involved in Politics?, the constitution does say they can, if we desire change ,what better way than exemplary leadership/service which i think he has demonstrated to show it, with my heart i like GEJ, buh with my head and thumb i will vote PTB if he decides to contest.

P:S:   God is interested in everything that concerns men and their destinies, don't be deceived, and yes politics inclusive, Jesus constantly addressed pharisees and scribes who were the rulers( Jewish ) in His days

Then be ready for the dirtiness and controversies that would follow. Xtians are human beings and not God. if Bakare wants the seat so badly let him go for it and leave God out of it. For all Presidents regardless of their religion or beliefs do kill and starve the innocent.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by jpworld(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
Bible is a fraud, so therefore all pastors are fraudsters.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by paris10: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2011
jpworld:

Bible is a fraud, so therefore all pastors are fraudsters.

You should be ashamed of yourself for such silly a comment. Its good 2 have views and opinions, but going that extreme is popostruous and too mean. Be afraid, real afraid. God will save you.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by jokepearl(f): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2011

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (Rev 1:6 KJV
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by meine: 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2011
Some Nairalanders and their mental slavery,

Who says Tunde cannot contest? He is a Nigerian for crying out loud. He has every right to do that if he so wishes,

Even though i will prefer him to operate from the sideline as our mouthpiece.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Festac771: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
I give kudos to the owner and initiator of this site and all the contributors.
I have been following things in this Nairaland offline for sometime now and i have decided to contribute in this forum.

I learnt that Pastor Bakare is going to be running mate to General Buhari in the coming April General Election.

Please permit me to say this,even if they wake Jesus Christ from death and he emerged as General Buhari's running mate,Buhari can never win this coming Election and subsequent Elections in Nigeria because the powers that be (KINGMAKERS)will not allow him to win because of their past records and they believe that this General will go after all the people that has tested power from 1984 to date.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by paris10: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
meine:

Some Nairalanders and their mental slavery,

Who says Tunde cannot contest? He is a Nigerian for crying out loud. He has every right to do that if he so wishes,

Even though i will prefer him to operate from the sideline as our mouthpiece.

Ok we'll let him run. Let him use his tithe and offering strategies to tax our bank account. I bet you this guy will take his 10% from your salary every month without your consent, another 5% for offering.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by software(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
Pastors sef are looking for power, OMG, Signs of the End Time,
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by mekaboy(m): 6:25pm On Jan 24, 2011
[b]    I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHEN  PEOPLE SAY A PASTOR SHOULD  NOT  GET  INVOLVED IN  POLITICS, LET ME  AS  YOU  PEOPLE A QUESTION,

1, IS  THE PASTOR  NOT HUMAN  OR  NIGERIAN?

2. ISN'T  HE AFFECTED BY THE  COUNTRIES  SITUATION?

3  IF THE ROADS ARE BAD AND  THERE IS  NO ELECTRICITY, DOESN'T HE DRIVE ON THEM LIKE EVERYONE  ELSE?

4, IF THE  LEADERS ARE LOOTING  THE NATIONS  FUNDS  AND THERE IS UNEMPLOYMENT,  ARE THOSE UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS  NOT AMONG HIS  CONGREGATION  ?

VOTERS  CARD  ISSUE-  YES  ITS  GOOD  FOR THE  PASTOR TO  ENSURE THAT HIS CHURCH  MEMBERS  ARE PARTICIPATING IN  THEIR CIVIC  RESPONSIBILITIES.

THE MEMBERS CANNOT CLAIM THEY   WANT  CHANGE AND   YET THEY  WONT BE PART OF THE VOTING PROCESS.  

THE COUNTRIES ECONOMY  AFFECTS BOTH THE MEMBERS AND THE KINGDOM  OF GOD AS WELL.

IF  THERE ARE NO JOBS, THE YOUTHS ENGAGE IN  CRIME TO  SURVIVE , AND THE  SOULS ARE  PERISHING

THE BIBLE WAYS @ " FAITH WITHOUT  WORKS  IS  DEAD" WE  CANT BE PRAYING FOR CHANGE AND  NOT DO ANYTHING  TO  SEE IT HAPPEN.
HE DOES  NOT  WANT  MEMBERS THAT JUST PRAY AND  WISH FOR A CHANGE, THEY  SHOULD  ALL  BE PART  OF IT.

FINALLY

ALL THE PEOPLE  CONTESTING  GOD KNOWS WHO WILL WIN AND HE KNOWS  THEIR  INTENTIONS,  THE  BIBLE  SAYS " THE HEART OF THE KING IS IN  THE HANDS OF THE LORD AND HE  TURNS IT TO WHATEVER DIRECTION HE PLEASE.

WE MUST PRAY THAT WHOEVER WINS, LET GOD USE HIM TO CREATE A  BETTER NIGERIA.  [/b]
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by ayobase(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2011
some of us go just open mouth and spit.
what is wrong in a man of God coming to
run the affairs of this nation as a president.
are we not tired of these ritualists.

remember, he didnt say he is coming out,
but if God gives him the go ahead!

na wa for we Nigerians!

who una want make e run this nation's affairs?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by mensdept: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
ayobase:

some of us go just open mouth and spit.
what is wrong in a man of God coming to
run the affairs of this nation as a president.
are we not tired of these ritualists.

remember, he didnt say he is coming out,
but if God gives him the go ahead!

na wa for we Nigerians!

who una want make e run this nation's affairs?

Naija Naija. I guess we are trully from the Niggar Area. Yes, Mr. Bakare can run for president if he wants, just like IBB, Buhari, and even Mikel Obi.

But what makes him a "Man of God". I mean, you are already sold on that.
Again, "If God gives him the go ahead", as if he twitters with god and god twitters back to him abi?

Ask yourself one question, would you feel happy if I say you think like a Niggar or a child?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by vasa: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2011
I think its possible but i hope he is not being manipulated by born-to-rule politicians because of his recent fight for democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by badesco(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2011
The so called Pastor Tunde Bakare seems to live in fool paradise . Has d man turn to Politician? Dis is a man dat predicted dat OBJ wil not win 2nd Term, yet Obj Won & completed his term. Therefore, what do u expect 4rm Tunde Bakare? Failure upon disaster. He has no credibility.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by mensdept: 8:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
Dont mind all these so-called Pastors who dont even know where their faith originated. They discovered that our people were and are still daft, and saw an opportunity to be relevant, hence preaching and church membership and suit wearing.

They are not deceiving me
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by rasputinn(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2011
I think he only said it in passing,I thunk not that Bakare truly harbours presidential ambitions this year
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by naijaspeak(m): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2011
Pastor Tunde Bakare, should not go into politics. He should remain in the Save Nigeria Group and use it as a pressure group to bring change in Nigeria. He should not capitalize on his popularity to jump into politics. Pastor Chris Okotie entered politics and had his fingers burnt. I admire him for the bold step he had taken in the past. But if he decides to jump into politics that will be the beginning of his downfall.
He should learn from the good steps of Wole Soyinka, Desmond Tutu of South Africa. This men led their country to change but never participated in politics.
Now both Wole Soyinka and Desmond Tutu have retired out of public life.
Pastor Tunde, do not run for political office!
smiley
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by CGKing(m): 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2011
Pastor Tunde, i support u jo. Go if God is telling u to, Im on ur side.

Dont let me into the main auditorium jare, until they produce their voters card and make sure they show u who they r voting for.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by yoji: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2011
Pls I need a frank answer from bakare's critics
I'm not a fan of pastors, but how are they worse than cultists and homosexuals that presently rule us?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Beaf: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2011
From the responses on this thread, most so called "born agains" are just educated almajiri's.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by oluwafemi113(m): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2011
I they laff  grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by tlops(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
I don t understand Nigerians oh,
Atiku wanted to run una say na thief,
babagida u call maradonna,
tinubu u said he is not good,
buhari u said na religious bigot.
Ribadu u said na attention seeker
Now someone we could say is different, una still say na man of God, so not qualified.

we get long way to go!
Even if Jesus can una go reject am.

who is fit to run Nigeria. religion aside.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by hbrednic: 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2011
true love story,get your copy now now

THE IMAM AND THE PASTOR volume 1.

get yours at any bookshop nearest to you  grin grin grin
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by ahidjo: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2011
[size=15pt]I have made up my mind to join Latter rain Assembly. That church has the only pastor that cares about the living condition of the people and cares even more about how the people are governed unlike other pastors that busy themselves with the collection of tithes and offerings. This is practical christianity. My pastor, please don't listen to some pathetic Nigerians who are utterly confused, who refuse to understand that democracy is everybody's business-moslems, christians, pegans, hindus, Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos, poor, rich, educated, illiterates, pastors, imams, , It is only monkeys in Africa that think that politics is only meant for fraudsters and thieves.

"Every Nigerian is assumed daft until proven intelligent (many have proven themselves intelligent not because of educational qualifications but by the reason of sound reasoning and mind)"[/size]
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by sulad82i(m): 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
tlops:

I don t understand Nigerians oh,
Atiku wanted to run una say na thief,
babagida u call maradonna,
tinubu u said he is not good,
buhari u said na religious bigot.
Ribadu u said na attention seeker
Now someone we could say is different, una still say na man of God, so not qualified.

we get long way to go!
Even if Jesus can una go reject am.

who is fit to run Nigeria. religion aside.

Tell me a very honest 9ja man that most pple will agree with u that he or she is honest
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by beknown(m): 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
Fellow Nigerians,

There is no need to argue and blame Dr Tunde Bakare for his stance.

Nigerians must begin to take responsibility to change the country. The current state of Nigeria is a shame on everyone, Christians or not. We can do something to change the shame. Dr Bakare has made his effort, what are other people doing?

The Bible makes it clear that when ungodly people rule, the people suffer.

Dr Bakare cannot continue to sit on the fence like many Nigerians. That will give PDP another mandate to loot the country dry. Unfortunately, many Nigerians are enjoying the system failures in Nigeria.

I am disappointed that some Nigerians enjoy the various troubles in the country: No light, No water, No good road, No good school for common man, No good health care, etc etc.

The rich send their children abroad to study. The rich go abroad for medicals. The common Nigerian has no choice.

What a shame.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by omanzo02: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2011
Abeg leave story, Nigeria's pastors na 419 people, Bakare don see the money wey full aso rock, that why he dey make noise to get egunje from the GEJ and co.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by omolayo1(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2011
Some id, t on this forum should identified them-self weather Christian or otherwise before commenting on this forum.  whom do you want to govern you, God like person or devilish person?  read your bible or your quaran. who should Govern you?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by newmi(m): 12:17am On Jan 25, 2011
@ Mobinga
Pease calm down man abeg, don't be to quick in raining shame on everybody including yourself. No be him franchise again haha na wa o please stop talking with sentiments hanging over your lips
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Lenny9000(m): 1:01am On Jan 25, 2011
Tunde Bakare is one of the very few Pastors I admire in the world, when next I visit Naija, I will make sure I visit his church cos he says it like it is! No pretense,  By the way can anyone points where it is stated in the Bible that pastors can or should not partake in the affairs of the state?, 
Thanks
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Achochius: 6:22am On Jan 25, 2011
@all, pls,lets all be aware that pastors are human beings, they dont bcom angels wen theY bcom ordained, they still remain susceptible(hop i got dat) to human desires/drives nd motives, they only resist the sinful drives by d spirit, who will not wnt to be vp, or pres, but I kno u wil say the spirit of God in them shud guid them but rememba that a pastor does nt need the spirit of God to go to the toilet, eat, drink water, etc, i mean somtins are just natural nd alway part of us, its neva written in the bible that pastors shud not contest elections, so as a pastor pls dnt blame Bakare, BUT as a human being, he shud kno that pple will think the drive wit which he drov SNG was mainly to get ''somtin' for himself, he is supposed to distinguish himself as som1 neutrally and selflessly comited to the plight of Nigerians, this wud av been more honourable, mind you all the same, the man neva declare, wen he does(if he does), i wud nt wnt to hear the spirit of God said he shud contest, pls anybody that knows him shud tell him, because God can neva lose an election to unbelievers for thatillatter, AM NEW HERE, PLS AW CAN I REPLY A PARTICULAR COMMENT/CONTRIBUTOR, ANYONE?HELP OUT!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance / Oju-ore,ota, Ogun State -the Confluence Of Christianity, Islam & Pros-ti-tu-tion / Buhari Receives NIPSS Report On Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.