Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,602 members, 7,941,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Guys - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys (2194 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

BUT WHAT IS THE POINT IN DATING HER IF YOU FIND HER UNFIT TO BE A WIFE OTHER THAN FOR S3X?? Seriously let's not run around the issue. If you she smokes w33d, gets drunk, basically gets it in, and you don't want that in a wife, then why bother DATING a woman like her? I dont get it.

The simple answer is that not everyone sees their time as precious.
I wouldn't date a woman I don't see a future with. I see it as a MASSIVE waste of my time, which is my most valued resource.
Somethings are better left unstarted, so one is free to invest that time into other more permanent things that actually impact one's future.
Re: Guys by deniyor: 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
Who says it's a waste of time. The experience counts too. At least I learn to deal with women and improve bedmatic skills too.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Now you see what you said?   angry

Mz. Dark made perfectly sense when she said why would you date a smoker but won't marry a smoker?  That is crazy!

you see, again, we see the difference between men and women.
by the look of what you gals wrote, Women can date someone and, from the get go of that relationship, know if she is going to marry him or not . . . . . . .while men rather get to know/discover if she is WORTHY of us before making that life decision.

so what MzDark said was wrong as dating is "different" than marriage for us men but defintely NOT "always a casual thing", as she claims. just because we care to observe someone doesnt mean we dont value her. the value goes down with the amount of shiit she does/portrays.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^women women women. . . . . . . .how many time did i call you?!
how would a person know that someone is fit to be a wife without test riding her?! duh!
dont put the horse before the carriage, it goes like this: FRIENDSHIP, DATING and then, if she passes all the tests with flying colors, MARRIAGE. people can stop and bounce out anytime during the first two steps. . . . . . . or use these as just a way to meet women.

there are many reason why people would enter a relationship:
- to discover who she really is as a mate(and possibly if he can stand her)
- to practice his skills and understand women until the day he meets the real deal.
- to have someone to spend quality time with.
- to do all the nasty stuff he thinks a WIFEY cannot possibly do.

also let us all remember in dating:
- you can walk away from this relationship anytime you feel like it.
- your spouse will keep herself in check ALL THE TIME because of the point above.
- you have absolutely NO OBLIGATIONS to go any further, if you dont want to.
- you have NO OBLIGATIONS to deal with your "in-laws".
- you still can each have your own place thus your own lives.
- you are ultimately only responsible for  YOUR OWN SELF.

It still doesn't make sense, if you don't want a wife who smokes like a chimney then when u first see her walking with her Swisher Sweets and or Matterhorns, you would break it off asap. . .it's logic.

2buff:

The simple answer is that not everyone sees their time as precious.
I wouldn't date a woman I don't see a future with. I see it as a MASSIVE waste of my time, which is my most valued resource.
Somethings are better left unstarted, so one is free to invest that time into other more permanent things that actually impact one's future.

my point exactly.  smiley
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Mr BrownJay, You can already tell much from a person in the friendship stage, especially if it is a timely, observed one.
From that stage you can already determine whether there is future potential with a woman or not and if she's worth initiating dating protocols with. . . except you're really just out to hit it.

The typical danger with this stage is that guy man isn't trying to enter friend zone for many obvious reasons today. Quite frankly, I think only stupid girls turn down a guy's dating request simply because they are "already friends". Friendship should be the base of all good relationships, but that's another discussion  wink
Re: Guys by deniyor: 11:49pm On Jan 24, 2011
Being friends with someone is not the same thing as dating the person. Things get deeper when you are dating, the microscope gets more minute on issues. A lot of things that can be swept under the rug as a friend starts becoming important. Jealousy kicks in ( or the right to show your jealousy lol). Different kinds of secrets come into play. You become responsible for each other, and cannot act as you would without considering their feelings.
No you can't tell a woman fully by being friends with her. Even after many years!
Dating gives you that inside look into her life that makes you know how she ticks.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

It still doesn't make sense, if you don't want a wife who smokes like a chimney then when u first see her walking with her Swisher Sweets and or Matterhorns, you would break it off asap. . .it's logic.

well OF COURSE!!!!!
you are talking about something obvious as smoking or drinking  but you know that there are "vices" that cannot be discovered on a few dates and that would ONLY come out naturally after a while (months or even yrs).

so these gals could be marriage materials until we realize that they have some hidden secrets they were trying to hide from us i.e. sugardaddyism, ashewoism,  golddigerism, dishonesty or simply a mental illness lol.

if a guy doesnt want a smoking gal then i am sure he wont even waste his time and date her. duh!

2buff:

@Mr BrownJay, You can already tell much from a person in the friendship stage, especially if it is a timely, observed one.
From that stage you can already determine whether there is future potential with a woman or not and if she's worth initiating dating protocols with. . . except you're really just out to hit it.

hell to the no!
you can discover if she is a pleasant friend but you would never know her truly until you guys start DATING, have emotions towards each other, get attracted towards each other etc
also what is required of a friends is COMPLETELY different than what is required as a wifey. judging her friendship ability as a base to decide if you want to marry her is a sure FAIL as you still dont know who that person is on a RELATIONSHIP level.
its all a natural progression but you definitely cannot jump from friendship and think of marriage.

The typical danger with this stage is that guy man isn't trying to enter friend zone for many obvious reasons today. Quite frankly, I think only silly girls turn down a guy's dating request simply because they are "already friends". Friendship should be the base of all good relationships, but that's another discussion  wink

yes you are right but as we all know: NOT ALL GREAT FRIENDSHIP MAKE GREAT RELATIONSHIP.
and lets not forget that many people base their friendship on different criterias so people could genuinely want you as a friend and NOT be attracted or wanting more from you.
perfectly understandable!
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^ok. you have contradicted yourself.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^^^^oh really?! pls enlighten me. . . . . . . . .
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 25, 2011
My point is, you can tell if she's worth investing your time in while you're still in a casual or friendship stage.
You don't have to date someone before you find out that she is a smoker. And if smoker = not marrying her, there's no point dating her, if your time is gold to you.

if it fails later for other reasons, at least it was for the deeper reasons and not the bleeding obvious.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^ but of course, its the natural progression of getting to know someone, from one stage to the next.
friendship will make her earn points to get to the relationship level. relationship level will make her earn points to get to the marriage level.

btw you too are talking about people who are against smoking. whats with all that?!
who said that they will waste their time dating a smoker even though they were against smoking?!
Re: Guys by yme1(f): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2011
if you had asked me this question years back am gonna answer swearing i will never ever date a smoker and i really did hate them then male or female
but now i just had to accept the fact that if you can't beat them you join them or let them be

so far so good yeah i know i can date a smoker cause am already doing that or something like that cheesy and the fact that he gives me the smoking respect grin but marrying one that i havent decided yet but i think i can cheesy
anyway it all boils down to how compartible you both are

there again the question is about a female smoker and not a male but all join abi cheesy cheesy
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2011
To each their own. Some can live with a smoker and some can't smiley

I can't.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 25, 2011
Mrs Dark you are the one who switch the script, i have NO problem with such women.
as i said, not all vices are apparent and therefore some dating is necessary to discover them!
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 25, 2011
@Mr.BrownJay, Smoking/Drinking. . .Obvious? THAT IS WHAT WE ARE DISCUSSING, SMOKING AND DRINKING, not personality traits lol. I stand corrected, I read your second post wrong however it still does not properly explain why someone would waste their time seeking "something" from someone they are not gonna marry if not for he purpose of s3x and go.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2011
^^yeah i didnt make myself clear on your question. . . . . . . and i wouldnt know why someone would waste their time with such gal other than the reason i posted on my list above.
Re: Guys by Dsense(m): 1:53am On Jan 25, 2011
OP.
No!!!
Re: Guys by LordReed(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2011
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that lots of smokers and drinkards are short tempered?

@OP
No, I would not knowingly date or marry one.

@MDS, MBJ, Mr.C
My favourite people how are we doing?
Re: Guys by Dahbutter(m): 10:51am On Jan 25, 2011
Er. . . Mzdarkskin, are you like a teenager or something? U mean u thought every guy dat dated you had the hope of perhaps marrying u Babe pleaze. Guys date for fun and training to prepare 4 d perfect woman, so i would even date a smoker, weeder, ho, biatch or whateva just 4 fun. And leave her a$$ wen d right one comes. Yes i guess its for sex, fun, adventure, for game but not luv
Re: Guys by snthesis(m): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2011
y me:

if you had asked me this question years back am gonna answer swearing i will never ever date a smoker and i really did hate them then male or female
but now i just had to accept the fact that if you can't beat them you join them or let them be

so far so good yeah i know i can date a smoker c[b]ause am already doing that or something like that[/b] cheesy and the fact that he gives me the smoking respect grin but marrying one that i havent decided yet but i think i can cheesy
anyway it all boils down to how compartible you both are

there again the question is about a female smoker and not a male but all join abi cheesy cheesy

baby shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Guys by MrsChima1(f): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that lots of smokers and drinkards are short tempered?

@OP
No, I would not knowingly date or marry one.

@MDS, MBJ, Mr.C
My favourite people how are we doing?

I am assuming you meant MRS. CHIMA. I am be good! How you be?
Re: Guys by Dahbutter(m): 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^ NO, he meant Mizdarkskin, MR BROwnjay n MR CORK. sorry. Lol
Re: Guys by MrsChima1(f): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
Are you his lover?
Re: Guys by Dahbutter(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^ LMAO, . . er not really, a pity am straight is he gay? Uhmm never knew
Re: Guys by MrsChima1(f): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2011
Well, in Africa being openly gay is not encouraging. So who knows.
Re: Guys by yme1(f): 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
snthesis:

baby shocked shocked shocked shocked

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Guys by Dsense(m): 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
This poster is high on Taba angry
Re: Guys by snthesis(m): 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2011
y me:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
missed u kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss :

dnt mind as long as she aint addicted to d stuffs
Re: Guys by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2011
D-sense:

This poster is high on Taba angry

And you are high on pcp so we are even. . . undecided

@Lord, I am fine hun! How about yourself?

Dahbutter:

Er. . . Mzdarkskin, are you like a teenager or something? U mean u thought every guy dat dated you had the hope of perhaps marrying u Babe pleaze. Guys date for fun and training to prepare 4 d perfect woman, so i would even date a smoker, weeder, ho, biatch or whateva just 4 fun. And leave her a$$ wen d right one comes. Yes i guess its for sex, fun, adventure, for game but not luv

^^haven't seen this much bulls. .t since I visited my step-grandfather's farm back in Jamaica. dating is one thing but it is undeniable that to date a woman who practices the ONE THING that peeves a guy so much (such as smoking) makes no sense! If you want to "train" to be the biggest jack arse, running from girl to girl feigning practice lol, at least find women who are decent by your standards. To simply imply that you date a smoker, which you hate for the sole purpose of experience is r3tarded.
Re: Guys by Mcleo007(m): 4:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
Date? Yes. Marriage? Never. Habits of that kind are very difficult to break away from, she'd be a bad influence on the kids. Marriage to someone like that might only be ok if we dont plan on having kids.
Re: Guys by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
*sighs*
Re: Guys by Dsense(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2011
^^^Chinese Bulldog angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Due For Marriage But No Nigerian Girl Is Marriageable Why? / Lebron James Bites D'banj's Romance Style / she broke up with him coz "he's too nice" :o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.