Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) (45038 Views)

561 New COVID-19 Cases , 344 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 30 - (4205 Tested) / 51 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 493. 17 deaths. 159 discharged / Coronavirus: Africa Recorded 17 Deaths In 24 Hours – WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by JohnHall(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for the info!
Best dating guide in NG - here https://hookupgeeknigeria.com/
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Ekpekaycee: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
I have been keeping a daily record of NCDC situation report. I have meticulously studied it for the past few weeks and It just seem as if the figures follow a pattern to arrive at a pre-destined total. The number of deaths don't have to be high for a given day just because the number of cases for that very day is high.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by newisd75: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
specialmati:
nigerian scamming virus.nigerian government especially this set ruling now na full time idoits.they should open up everything abeg.i hate this stress people are passing through now.
a lot of scam are really going on in this coronavirus, when d health condition of d abia state governor went from bad 2 worse he went 4 d first coronavirus test, where he was negative, which show that his health condition has nothing 2 do with coronavirus. d moment when health workers want 2 go on strike, that is when d coronavirus cases keep on increasing
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by oodua1stson: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Stop wasting money on tests. We have recovered and moved on from coronavirus.

This is now an avenue for these lowlifes to steal money
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Jakama90(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Where is Abia state? I don't understand how this figures are being shared.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Rikidony(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
good to see that daily testing has increased, nice one NCDC
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Investnow2017: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
newisd75:

a lot of scam are really going on in this coronavirus, when d health condition of d abia state governor went from bad 2 worse he went 4 d first coronavirus test, where he was negative, which show that his health condition has nothing 2 do with coronavirus. d moment when health workers want 2 go on strike, that is when d coronavirus cases keep on increasing

Think the established figures are being managed in order not to cause panic. I don't doubt the figures though, because this virus spreads wildly and widely. All it takes is just for at least two health workers to get infected unknowingly, and the rest will be history cheesy Health workers are the main vectors of active transmission, with close to 1000 already tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Your observation is appreciated.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
BlackSpanner:
Indeed, References and fergie 001 are NCDC Nairaland ambassadors/ agents.
they pass two sef...there is 1 that has 2017 on his monicker.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Poshriel:
NCDC is messing up with these data..

I am actually a patient in one of the States .. How come the number of people brought into my ward alone supersedes the total number recorded in the state for today
hmmm....nothing musa no go see for gate.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
osazsky:
which state
seconded.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Investnow2017: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ekpekaycee:
I have been keeping a daily record of NCDC situation report. I have meticulously studied it for the past few weeks and It just seem as if the figures follow a pattern to arrive at a pre-destined total. The number of deaths don't have to be high for a given day just because the number of cases for that very day is high.
Think the established figures are being managed in order not to cause panic. I don't doubt the figures though, because this virus spreads wildly and widely. All it takes is just for at least two health workers to get infected unknowingly, and the rest will be history cheesy Health workers are the main vectors of active transmission, with close to 1000 already tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Your observation is appreciated.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Investnow2017: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
SirWarlock:
haha you'll think we're about to flatten the curve but nah it's back up grin. Your second sentence is true though.

SirWarlock,

Can we discuss this? I need your informed opinion please.

What will happen if Nigeria as a nation decides to completely turn her back on this Covid-19 pandemic, relax all restrictions across the states and return fully to the pre-covid-19 status?

I say this going by the low death rate and the growing disbelief which has hampered every containment measure put in place. What will happen?

If anyone can volunteer an educated guess, you are welcome.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by sureinfo: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
hmmm, numbers are still rising, may God help us all
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by AdaoraNK(f): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
SirWarlock:
30k monthly na angry
Lol.. To corpers right? What about the country?
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by adakoleagbenu: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
amrichy:

Your head is very correct! The easing of lockdown has clearly defeated the purpose of contact tracing, testing and isolation of infected people.
The easing up of lockdown became necessary as a result of government failure to provide adequate palliative measures for the people. At this juncture in Nigeria, coronavirus spread is out of control. I only hope our situation here will not get as bad as USA's, Italy's, India's, UK's, Spain's or Brazil's.

our corona virus spread IS ALREADY OUT OF CONTROL. NCDC is just goofing around and forming activity. We are just not testing enough and if there are over 13k cases from 80k+ tested which are even the symptomatic cases it tells you that the spread is out of control.

the Italy situation in a way has happened here with the sudden deaths in Kano Jigawa and Jos and thankfully we have less deaths than Europe. for once our climate, relatively young age and badly exposed immune systems due to plenty viruses and illnesses is working for us well, relatively

1 Like

Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by adakoleagbenu: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
olaboy33:

Lagosians are not even bothered about the numbers not to talk of the virus.

Life is going on normally. In the day we go to work with all hustling and bustling while at night, we unwind at hotels which chilled bottles of beer and catfish.

I'm quite sure 60% of lagosians have had and fought off this virus in how own unique way. Loss of taste and smell is a norm Now. With good 'agbo', anti-malaria drugs, fruits and vitamin C, we recover in days.

very true . if FG get mind carry out antibodies test, e go shock dem d number of people that have contracted and recovered from Covid 19 unknowingly

1 Like

Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by crackhouse(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is not funny o but what's funny is that some people don't believe this exist.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by SirWarlock: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

SirWarlock,

Can we discuss this? I need your informed opinion please.

What will happen if Nigeria as a nation decides to completely turn her back on this Covid-19 pandemic, relax all restrictions across the states and return fully to the pre-covid-19 status?

I say this going by the low death rate and the growing disbelief which has hampered every containment measure put in place. What will happen?

If anyone can volunteer an educated guess, you are welcome.
If the government just says well let's free this people, open everywhere, lift every ban then we should be looking at a scourge dealing with us seriously for the next 2 years especially without a vaccine. If we just relax everything then we should gear for near collapse of every sector of the country. Herd immunity for this virus is going to take a while and for our population almost impossible. Take a look at what's happening in Sweden for instance, that's a clear sign and experts have said it's a very bad idea since the virus isn't virulent enough to make that happen. It's going to lead to large deaths and I feel like Nigeria isn't ready for that can kind of catastrophe. I mean now things have basically gone back normal, only thing remaining is for government to lift things they still control first hand and you can bet when those are lifted things will be back to status quo again grin. So yeah we might get used to the idea that almost everyone we know being sick, dead, hospitals can't even attend to anybody, general mortality rates going up(if only we had good records and stats keeping) like in apocalypse movies Or hope that truly covid isn't really meant for us and it'll be just a scratch grin(this needs scientific judgment though)

My two cents
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by OnyesomJ(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
when the cases gets to a million you wake me up am tired of their Noise cool
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by othenok(f): 12:54am On Jun 12, 2020
Saintinoo:

people die in their cars in the isolation centre.... My friend shut up, do you think we are kids here?

So-called mature man that won't bother to read properly. I repeated an information shared by a Doctor that is presently in Isolation.
Anyway, what you chose to believe does not matter at the moment. Stay safe.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by othenok(f): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

dis is how u guys spread panic n fake news up n down, it's not uncommon to see people give up d ghost before getting to d hospital n I know d very Nigeria we are in, if ur statement is to go by d govt of d day will waste no time to publish same , so d citizens will b serious.

Whether it is common or not, I don't think my Dr. Would make up such a story. Did read were I said he is presently on Isolation too?

Stay safe. This virus is very real.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Investnow2017: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2020
SirWarlock:
If the government just says well let's free this people, open everywhere, lift every ban then we should be looking at a scourge dealing with us seriously for the next 2 years especially without a vaccine. If we just relax everything then we should gear for near collapse of every sector of the country. Herd immunity for this virus is going to take a while and for our population almost impossible. Take a look at what's happening in Sweden for instance, that's a clear sign and experts have said it's a very bad idea since the virus isn't virulent enough to make that happen. It's going to lead to large deaths and I feel like Nigeria isn't ready for that can kind of catastrophe. I mean now things have basically gone back normal, only thing remaining is for government to lift things they still control first hand and you can bet when those are lifted things will be back to status quo again grin. So yeah we might get used to the idea that almost everyone we know being sick, dead, hospitals can't even attend to anybody, general mortality rates going up(if only we had good records and stats keeping) like in apocalypse movies Or hope that truly covid isn't really meant for us and it'll be just a scratch grin(this needs scientific judgment though)

My two cents

Your contribution, as usual, is highly appreciated.
Re: 409 New COVID-19 Cases, 145 Discharged And 17 Deaths On June 10 -(3756 Tested) by Saintinoo(m): 7:14am On Jun 12, 2020
othenok:

So-called mature man that won't bother to read properly. I repeated an information shared by a Doctor that is presently in Isolation.
Anyway, what you chose to believe does not matter at the moment. Stay safe.
Then you should learn to verify an information before you share, that a doctor told you doesn't make it true. Stay safe also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Benue (Graphic Photos) / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia / 100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.