Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,993 members, 7,949,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? (1403 Views)

This Spec Is Very Overrated Yet People Still Use It To Judge Phones / Tecno Spark 5 Review/ The Issue With Transsion Holdings / Another Reason Why You Should Avoid Transsion Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2020
The a7 pro recently launched by a growing company, umidigi has been slandered by many due to d supposed price it wz said to launch with. Now i wonder dis price we all talkin abt wasn't it stated by d same bloggers we all accused gave false price to d redmi 9($200) perhaps bcox xiaomi to many offers gud value for money. Now we hear d a7 pro is goin to cost at a supposed price of abt 60k and without thinkin we start condemning umi. Fine dey bleeped up repeating d helio p23, bt unlike d said transsion we compare dem with, it has a fhd screen, a type c charger etc. Dey've always offered good value for money so wat makes u tink if tins were normal it will be priced over 40k for 4/64gb and over 50k for 4/128gb? Is the redmi 8 nt close to 55k dis period? Are phone prices stable now? Yet we go ahead to strt comparin dem wit transsion bcux of one stupid price we see online? Back at aliexpress d fone retails at $99(4/64) so were d hell are we gettin dis false prices?

2 Likes

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2020
Pictures, About 52k including shipping. Still better than camon 15. The only downside is the chipset

1 Like

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2020
D same misinformation happened wit the a5 pro. Wasn't it finally retailed at $99.99? Umidigi has been a company bent on offerin d best value for money devices and dat will nt strt changin now. They might nt use d snapdragon processors while tryin to cut cost or give u d best camera(lack of proper resources), bt dey try to ensure dey give u their best. Comparing dem to transsion is Stupid, comparin dem to xiaomi is nt ideal. If dey've gat d resources xiaomi has, they'd be releasing d best of d best devices. Any day anytime umi still remains d king of budget devices. Meanwhile am a realme user. B4 some starts calling me marketer.
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2020
theoneJabulani:
Pictures, About 52k including shipping. Still better than camon 15. The only downside is the chipset
Dats bcux of d pandemic. It will be way cheaper after
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
D same misinformation happened wit the a5 pro. Wasn't it finally retailed at $99.99? Umidigi has been a company bent on offerin d best value for money devices and dat will nt strt changin now. They might nt use d snapdragon processors while tryin to cut cost or give u d best camera(lack of proper resources), bt dey try to ensure dey give u their best. Comparing dem to transsion is being hypocritical, comparin dem to xiaomi is nt ideal. If dey've gat d resources xiaomi has, they'd be releasing d best of d best devices. Any day anytime umi still remains d king of budget devices. Meanwhile am a realme user. B4 some starts calling me marketer.
I think the complain was that selling helio p23 at 65k+ is akin to what transsion does. I really hoped it would not be true and thankfully it wasnt. I was on the thread and I didn't see any hypocrisy there, only thing is that people judge before the price was released officially.
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
Dats bcux of d pandemic. It will be way cheaper after
yes surely, but the pandemic is here, we have to live with it. Umidigi make devices on a budget, that's hard but they should try increasing the chipset in the A series like they do with the power, F and S series

1 Like

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by 11Anonymous(m): 10:17am On Jun 11, 2020
I saw this on Facebook and was surprised.

Who the F**ck sells 720p display and 2GB RAM for 54k?

That's way too expensive for that specs.

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2020
11Anonymous:
I saw this on Facebook and was shock.

Den u've gat wrong info. Its a full hd display 1080p and it has a 4gb ram paired with 64/128gb
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
Den u've gat wrong info. Its a full hd display 1080p and it has a 4gb ram paired with 64/128gb

Even when u can see it clearly on the picture posted that it's 720p display. HD+ is 720p

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 10:51am On Jun 11, 2020
greenhulk:

Even when u can see it clearly on the picture posted that it's 720p display. HD+ is 720p
And u believe a picture over google? Ah dnt knw hw u guys come up with infos
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by THEWEBTECHIE: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2020
Lol Redmi 9 has been confirmed

And it's $158 and with a G80 chipset

xda-developersDOTcom/xiaomi-redmi-9-launched-spain/
Remove the dot

Spam bot banning links

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by atheistandproud(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:

Sir Infinix Hot 9 comes with a HD+ display. That's 720P resolution.

6 Likes

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:

Which Google are u talking about? Do Google manufacture images or they give u links to images produced by other sources. Is Google infinix? What is wrong with u people? U want images?

1. Picture from gsmarena
2. Picture from infinix website and they say it clearly it's hd+ which is 720p display.

But u my brother believe it in ur mind that it is 1080p because u know it's supposed to be. But hey friend infinix says u don't deserve 1080p so take this 720p. Even the note 7 has 720p display. That's so disgusting for a 7 inch phone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
atheistandproud:

Sir Infinix Hot 9 comes with a HD+ display. That's 720P resolution.
I was talking abt d umidigi a7 pro, never knew he wz talkin abt hot 9. Read my post sir. Where did he get hot 9 frm?
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
greenhulk:

wz talkin abt d umi a7 pro, where did hot 9 enter frm?
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
greenhulk:

Which Google are u talking about? Do Google manufacture images or they give u links to images produced by other sources. Is Google infinix? What is wrong with u people? U want images?

1. Picture from gsmarena
2. Picture from infinix website and they say it clearly it's hd+ which is 720p display.

But u my brother believe it in ur mind that it is 1080p because u know it's supposed to be. But hey friend infinix says u don't deserve 1080p so take this 720p. Even the note 7 has 720p display. That's so disgusting for a 7 inch phone.
Hell! Where did d hot 9 talk originate frm? I was talking abt d recently released umi a7 pro. Sir did u read d post?
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by 11Anonymous(m): 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
U didnt read d post i wz jst talkin abt the umi a7 pro? Where did hot 9 cum frm?
I did. I was talking about how cheap Umidigi is.
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by taiwosamwell(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
OP, it seems it's from my article on Umidigi A7 Pro specs and price you got the price from. At that time, Naira was devalued well leading to it being up to 60k 4 d 128gb variant. Presently its $99.99 for the 64gb and $119.99 for 128gb.
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by taiwosamwell(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is the latest price on AliExpress via Umidigi official website
The first price is the 64GB version and the second price is the 128GB version with more CDMA bands

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
Hell! Where did d hot 9 talk originate frm? I was talking abt d recently released umi a7 pro. Sir did u read d post?

Below is the message u quoted. Does that picture look like umidigi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
greenhulk:

Below is the message u quoted. Does that picture look like umidigi?
i didnt look at d image. My post wz abt d umi a7 pro. So i rushed to quote him without checkin d img out

1 Like

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
taiwosamwell:
This is the latest price on AliExpress via Umidigi official website
The first price is the 64GB version and the second price is the 128GB version with more CDMA bands
Yh its d devaluation of naira dat led to d hiked price. D price keeps fluctuating
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I think the complain was that selling helio p23 at 65k+ is akin to what transsion does. I really hoped it would not be true and thankfully it wasnt. I was on the thread and I didn't see any hypocrisy there, only thing is that people judge before the price was released officially.
Dats my point dey were quick to judge umi but wen it was redmi 9's case everyone was patient to find out d real price
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Darlinx01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
11Anonymous:

I did. I was talking about how cheap Umidigi is.
sorry i rushed to quote without checkin d image. Tot u were referring to d umi a7 pro
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by taiwosamwell(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
Yh its d devaluation of naira dat led to d hiked price. D price keeps fluctuating
Yh... It's not Umidigi's fault but our Naira value ... So blame those who devalue Naira
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
i didnt look at d image. My post wz abt d umi a7 pro. So i rushed to quote him without checkin d img out

Fair enough.
Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by Sulaicsafas: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
11Anonymous:

Have you considered, importation costs, dollar increase and lastly custom levies and of course you understand the difficult nature of importing items to pricing ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by skywalker240(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Darlinx01:
Dem de correct you, and you de say teacher never finish school

angry

1 Like

Re: Now We Compare Umidigi With Transsion? Ain't we being too quick to judge? by edoairways: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2020
11Anonymous:

Increase in exchange rate for dollar

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Phone Has Network Issues / SOLD!!! Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe 5g / Ios 15 Is out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.