Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,037 members, 7,915,995 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:38 PM

Swearing-In of New SSG by His Excellency ENGR AA SULE of Nasarawa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swearing-In of New SSG by His Excellency ENGR AA SULE of Nasarawa State (497 Views)

INEC Declares AA Sule Winner Of Nasarawa Governorship Election / 2020 Peace Achievers Awards Honour Gov. AA Sule, Ganduje, Malami, Manir, Others / Temitayo Oluwatuyi "Tukana" Appointed As Ondo New SSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Swearing-In of New SSG by His Excellency ENGR AA SULE of Nasarawa State by Zeegu(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
GOVERNMENT OF NASARAWA STATE

Speech Delivered by His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, Governor of Nasarawa State on the Occasion of the Swearing-in of the Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State and the Inauguration of Director-General, Bureau for Public Procurement, Lafia: Thursday, 11th June, 2020

1. His Excellency, the Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State;

2. The Right Hon. Speaker, Nasarawa State House of Assembly;

3. Distinguished Members of the National Assembly here present;

4. The Hon. Chief Judge of Nasarawa State;

5. Principal Officers and Members of the State House of Assembly;

6. The Head of the Civil Service;

7. The Vice Chairman, North Central Geo-Political Zone, All Progressives Congress (APC);

8. The State Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC);

9. Permanent Secretaries;

10. His Royal Highness, Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Mohammed I, JSC Rtd, Emir of Lafia and Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs;

11. Chairmen and Chief Executives of Commissions, Boards and Parastatals;

12. Executive Chairmen of Local Government Councils and Overseers of Development Areas;

13. Your Royal Highnesses, Emirs and Chiefs;

14. My dear Appointees;

15. Gentlemen of the Press;

16. Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am delighted to address you today on the occasion of the swearing-in of the new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State and the inauguration of the Director-General, Nasarawa State Bureau for Public Procurement.

2. Let me acknowledge with appreciation the presence of distinguished personalities, relations, friends and well-wishers who are here to witness this all important event. It is my conviction that this solidarity is not only a demonstration of the popular acceptance of the appointees, but also, a resounding endorsement of this Administration’s avowal to bring on board the best hands that will strengthen the machinery of Government for the attainment of our development objectives.

3. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it is pertinent to state that since our assumption of office one year ago, our cardinal focus has been to assemble team of tested technocrats, resourceful experts and experienced personalities that will assist in the implementation of Government policies and programmes. Accordingly, owing to exigencies of governance, it has become imperative to re-strengthen the machinery of Government to enhance effective and efficient service delivery.

4. It is for this reason that I found it necessary to relieve the appointment of the former Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State, thereby, creating the vacancy for the new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State to be appointed. In this regard, after consultation with broad spectrum of the society and other relevant stakeholders, we found Barr. Muhammad Ubandoma Aliyu worthy to serve this Administration in the capacity of Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State. I need to unequivocally state that Barr. Muhammad Ubandoma Aliyu is a known political gladiator, grassroots mobilizer, a result-oriented personality, and above all, a goal getter.

5. As you are aware, the Office of the Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State is the fulcrum of Government activities, which requires the occupant of the office to be a person with proven integrity, loyalty and outstanding antecedents. These were the guiding traits in arriving at the choice of the new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State. I have no doubt that the new appointee will continue to be an embodiment of sacrifice and service to the people of Nasarawa State.

6. Let me, therefore, congratulate our new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State on your well-deserved appointment. As you assume duty, I charge you to quickly settle down to your new assignment. I also charge you to be innovative and make valuable contributions to enable Government achieve its development objectives.
7. My dear good people of Nasarawa State, I should remind us all that governance is a collective responsibility. I, therefore, call on you to give the new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State maximum support and cooperation. I implore you to appreciate the enormous tasks entrusted on his shoulder, hence the need for you to encourage him to give his best for the development of the State. Let me also appeal to members of the public not to put unnecessary pressures capable of distracting him from discharging his onerous responsibilities of taking Nasarawa State to greater heights.
8. As part of today’s occasion, we are also inaugurating the Director-General, Nasarawa State Bureau for Public Procurement in our commitment to entrench due process and diligence in the execution of Government policies and programmes. You would recall that when I took the oath of office as the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State, I made a solemn declaration to imbibe the principles of transparency, accountability and prudence in the management of our common wealth and assured the people of Nasarawa State that whatever programmes and projects of Government will be implemented after meeting the requirements and imperatives of the Public Procurement Act.

9. Accordingly, I call on the new Director-General to live above board and ensure that all Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government comply with the provision of the Act in the execution of their programmes and projects.

10. At this juncture, I wish to call for cohesion and unity of purpose among all and sundry towards enhancing good governance in the State.

11. On this note, I once again congratulate the new Secretary to the Government of Nasarawa State and the Director-General, Bureau for Public Procurement on their well-deserved appointments. I welcome you on board in the service of Nasarawa State.

12. Thank you and God bless us.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of Tinubu fan boys In APC / Yahaya Bello: COVID-19 Only Out To Create Fear, Panic / Church Loses Eight Pastors, Over 8000 Members To Boko Haram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.