Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,334 members, 7,974,420 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:31 AM

Tithe Issue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Issue (364 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Issue by ayomilore: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2020
please house can I give my tithe to a sister who to me appears like a widow because the husband is so irresponsible. she is a pensioner though but I don't think any meaniful thing is coming in and she has not asked anything from me in a long time but the pandemic is seriously affecting her because she sells within a school campus.
Re: Tithe Issue by blackpanthar: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2020
ayomilore:
please house can I give my tithe to a sister who to me appears like a widow because the husband is so irresponsible. she is a pensioner though but I don't think any meaniful thing is coming in and she has not asked anything from me in a long time but the pandemic is seriously affecting her because she sells within a school campus.

Why is your heart so WICKED?

Must you make this about TITHE? Is this not hypocrisy?

IF YOU WERE A PAGAN(which you already seem to be) should you not be responsibly sensible enough to HELP your sister?

Why come here to TREND and make a topic about tithe? whY?

Are you so NEEDY FOR NAIRALAND attention that you just want to have a debate about it?

FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN EXISTING SINCE THE TIME OF JESUS.... and here is the best answer for you
Mark 12:17 Jesus said, “Precisely. The coin bears the image of the emperor Caesar, so you should pay the emperor his portion. But because you bear the image of God,[a] you must give back to God all that belongs to him.” And they were utterly stunned by Jesus’ words.

END THIS MATTER HERE. Help your sister and stop being playing the game of tithes about it. Serving God is FIRST and FOREMOST about INTIMACY with him before GIVING to his cause.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Issue by ayomilore: 9:07am On Jun 12, 2020
blackpanthar:

Why is your heart so WICKED?

Must you make this about TITHE? Is this not hypocrisy?

IF YOU WERE A PAGAN(which you already seem to be) should you not be responsibly sensible enough to HELP your sister?

Why come here to TREND and make a topic about tithe? whY?

Are you so NEEDY FOR NAIRALAND attention that you just want to have a debate about it?

FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN EXISTING SINCE THE TIME OF JESUS.... and here is the best answer for you
Mark 12:17 Jesus said, “Precisely. The coin bears the image of the emperor Caesar, so you should pay the emperor his portion. But because you bear the image of God,[a] you must give back to God all that belongs to him.” And they were utterly stunned by Jesus’ words.

END THIS MATTER HERE. Help your sister and stop being playing the game of tithes about it. Serving God is FIRST and FOREMOST about INTIMACY with him before GIVING to his cause.

Thanks for the bashing.
Bro all I can spare for now is the tithe and since the church is yet to resume I thought I can as well give it to her. Besides she is also a Deaconess so giving her to me is still going to the work/house of the Lord.

Thanks still.
Re: Tithe Issue by Missyajoke(f): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2020
There's no excuse to not paying tithe don't mind black panther . Divide the tithe into 2 depending on what you want to use it for. Pay half and give the remaining to the woman. Just make sure you pay your tithe and still help the woman. People like freeze have discouraged people from paying tithe. That's what they've turn Christianity into
Re: Tithe Issue by ayomilore: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2020
Missyajoke:
There's no excuse to not paying tithe don't mind black panther . Divide the tithe into 2 depending on what you want to use it for. Pay half and give the remaining to the woman. Just make sure you pay your tithe and still help the woman. People like freeze have discouraged people from paying tithe. That's what they've turn Christianity into

Thanks bro.
I appreciate.
Re: Tithe Issue by Missyajoke(f): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2020
ayomilore:

Thanks bro.
I appreciate.

You're welcome am a sis not a bro
Re: Tithe Issue by ayomilore: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2020
Missyajoke:

You're welcome am a sis not a bro
Thanks my sister. I sincerely appreciate you.
Re: Tithe Issue by davidinchrist(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
ayomilore:

Friend, if you're a true follower of Jesus, you don't need "compulsive tithing". I mean, not trying to debate or convince anyone, but in the New testament, Jesus and the apostles taught cheerful giving not tithing. Some like to quote Matt. 23:23, but Jesus was speaking strongly to the Pharisees (religious hypocrites under the LAW), not his disciples (his true followers).

So, if any true follower of Jesus wants to give, even if it's just 10%, it should be given cheerfully, not out of compulsion or by force as in common Churches today.

CHEERFUL GIVING, NO MORE COMPULSIVE TITHING
2 Corinthians 9:7 KJV
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE ; "not grudgingly", or of "necessity": for God loveth a CHEERFUL GIVER.

Luke 6:38 KJV
GIVE, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 5:42 KJV
GIVE to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

FINALLY:
Matthew 11:6 KJV
And blessed is he , whosoever shall not be offended in me.

May the Lord Jesus enlighten you all.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Issue by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Jun 13, 2020
ayomilore:

Thanks for the bashing.
Bro all I can spare for now is the tithe and since the church is yet to resume I thought I can as well give it to her. Besides she is also a Deaconess so giving her to me is still going to the work/house of the Lord.

Thanks still.

You know the right thing to do, please listen to what the Spirit of God tells you to do.

(1) (Reply)

What You Don't Really Know About Apostle Joshua Selmann / Why Do We Swear An Oath On Muslim Threads? / You can't go against GOD's Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.