Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,674 members, 7,918,150 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? (1141 Views)

Let's make this world a better place / Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay. / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by emmy989(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Goodday all.
Am planning to relocate to Ibadan from Lagos,is there something one can do to make a living while staying there.
I heard that the cost of living there is cheap,and the amount of food also is cheap etc.
Pls if you are staying there or have previous experience staying In ibadan.
Kindly Comment below the advantage and disadvantage of staying In ibadan.
Am a youth trying to settle down on my own.
Thanks!.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Uka15(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2020
Its a nice and calm city.
Everything in ibadan is cheap.

But... Too diabolic

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by EzzyCarter: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2020
Uka15:

But... Too diabolic

Kindly elucidate on this
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by bigiyaro(m): 10:38am On Jun 12, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Kindly elucidate on this
human ritual... skull mining.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by EzzyCarter: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2020
bigiyaro:
human ritual... skull mining.

Lol. That's not synonymous to Ibadan alone bro. Its everywhere
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by bigiyaro(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Lol. That's not synonymous to Ibadan alone bro. Its everywhere
its not o...
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by lightdream: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2020
Uka15:

But... Too diabolic
Been moving round southwest. I can see IB to also b cheap.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by livelyjobs: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2020
Uka15:

But... Too diabolic
diabolic your mouth there, you talk about a pace setting state, is lagos excellence? or Nigeria african Giant?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4676237_policebaton_jpeg4b647eee96f492c2123e4ce8126de524

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by IRIENBOY(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2020
hello
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Uka15(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Kindly elucidate on this

They easily get envious and can jazz you. You just need to thread with caution and avoid trouble. In all you do, use sense.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by bottlewater1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
I think your mission or visions should be considered first i.e what you want to do if it will be possible to do it successfully in ibadan

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by ziziangel(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
bigiyaro [s:
post=90581572]human ritual... skull mining.
[/s]
Lies.

@ OP, I stayed back in Ibadan after my service and I haven't regretted it.
I've stayed here for 2yrs +.

Standard of living is average, its a peaceful & secured city (calmness & security is relative).

About hustling, I can't give my full opinion because I work online but like every other city in Nigeria, you can find something doing due to its huge population.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Gee64: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ibadan is ok but for ritualists
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Ayomideayo(f): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hope you are self employed because job scarce for Ibadan o
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by suzzyrims: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
You need to answer some questions for people to be able to advise you. Are you hustling for job or you have a business? If yes,what type of business? Note that some businesses are better done in Lagos than Ibadan and if you must move to Ibadan. You must carefully select the area to stay.

1 Like

Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by neutralmind: 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
Uka15:

They easily get envious and can jazz you. You just need to thread with caution and avoid trouble. In all you do, use sense.

Just keep quiet if you have nothing meaningful to say.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Heineken(m): 6:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Ayomideayo:
Hope you are self employed because job scarce for Ibadan o
pls ma can one get teaching job there easily?
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Ayomideayo(f): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2020
I don't know too sir, but that should be easy to get
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by codedprince20(m): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Of course, you will get a teaching job in Ibadan [b][/b]but the pay na die o ie substandard
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by emmy989(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Is it a place to hustle for someone that is not self employed.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by walkwithgod(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abeg where man fit get stable light for IB, lagos is too fucking stressful for a young nigga trynna make a living
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
walkwithgod:
Abeg where man fit get stable light for IB, lagos is too fucking stressful for a young nigga trynna make a living
Oluyole ....anywhere close to the Industrial estates.
Akobo....(The GRA's there are cool)
Alabubosa/ aleshinloye
Jericho estate
Eleyele
anyone who knows more can add
@emmy989, their are some opportunities in IB, although, not as dope as lag but not bad, cost of living is low, lots of areas to hangout dey, and don't mind the guy that said that there are ritualists ib in, it's not that bad.......I between between Ib and Abj that's because i have a remote job. U will enjoy IB, with little money ........Cost of renting an apartment ranges btw 30k (Areas like iyana church, alakia, moniya, ojoo, sango etc) and 7 million/yr ( some apartments in Jericho, alalubosa, carlton gate) etc......
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by emmy989(m): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
@upwork writer. Is there hustle for somebody that is not self employed to do to make a living.
Re: Is Ibadan A Better Place To Stay? by HyAccent: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
Made the move from Lagos to Ibadan about 2 years ago. I regret not making it sooner.

Cost of living is cheap. If you go to village market like Olodo, egbeda and the rest food is almost free.

Police do not harass you on the road when driving except you dress and look like a yahoo guy.

Lots of cool but cheap places to hang out. If you like nightlife, there are places where you can hang out even at night.

No traffic. I personally have not stayed in traffic for up to 30min since I arrived.

Its easier to settle down and build your own house here even with the little you are earning. If you are focused.

Power supply is better than what is obtained in Lagos.

The only down side is that I won't advice you to come with the mindset that you want to apply for a job.
If you have a feasible business and you have the Lagos hustling spirit in you. In 2 or 3 years time you would have made lots of progress.

This is based purely on my personal experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Ideas On What Lucrative Business To Start With As A Nursing Mother. / CBN AGSMEIS Loan For Sme’s, Agricultural Businesses Without Collateral (apply) / Buy Foodstuffs & Farm Inputs In Bulk - Pay Later In Instalments Using A FoodCard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.