Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Howling Winds- A Short Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Howling Winds- A Short Fiction (260 Views)

Stalk-her (Complete short-fiction) / Short Fiction: Man’s Not Hot. / Short Fiction: Madness By Margaret Agwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Howling Winds- A Short Fiction by zykita(f): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2020
Howling winds(a short fiction)
Ajifowobaje Adesewa

"The wind howls but the mountain remains still." It's what my cousin told me. It has helped me this far and I'm sure it would help me years from now.
The winds of time has blown on me, I have fallen yet I'm unscathed. Life has been fair every once in a while throwing me rays of hope here and there or pouring down heavy waters on me and then giving me a warm blanket.
I have a story. A story of what was, what is and not what is to come,for we know not what the future holds. A story of how I fell and rose. Tales of how I learnt the harsh truth of the world and lived my own truth. A story of me and how I sojourned and conquered .
I fell pregnant at seventeen. It was one of the saddest moments of my life. I was pregnant for my best friend. Yes, my best friend. We were friends from childhood. His mum often said we sucked the same breast. Why won't she? We were practically siblings from different mothers. We grew up in the same compound,played with the same sand, climbed the same trees and even ate the same food.
We were so close, we were inseparable. Whatever brought us together made sure to add a glue that couldn't be broken. Little wonder how we started kissing under the moonlight when our parents were out hustling,bustling and jostling on the streets of Lagos but they were just friendly kisses. Friendly kisses that made a baby ten years later.
My dad was mad, his mum was furious.
Continue reading
http://kitavibez.com/howling-winds-adesewa-ajifowobaje/

(1) (Reply)

Why The Rush? / The Jazz Anthem Of Harlem / A New Birth Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.