Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,965 members, 7,927,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 02:14 AM

Coconut Candy - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coconut Candy (466 Views)

How To Make Coconut Candy - Simple Technique || DIY / How To Make Coconut Candy (recipe) / How To Make Coconut Candy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coconut Candy by Mercyapril14(f): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Recipe for our local Coconut candy:

Coconut (1 head)
Coconut Juice
Icing sugar
water
chikena.

Pierce through the eyes of the coconut to collect its juice
Break and bring out the main coconut
Grate with a grater. I usually prefer the side that cuts it in strips as against the other side that chops it. undecided
set aside.

Set a saucepan pour in the coconut juice and a glass of water
set on heat
add 2/3 spoons of icing sugar(It could be more depending on how sweet u want it)
allow to heat. Infact allow to boil.
Add the grated coconut and stir
leave for about 5mts and stir again and leave and stir until there is no water anymore.
now keep stirring. The contents become very hard to stir because the sugar, water and nut is caramelising
Keep stirring till you achieve the brown colour you want
scoop into a flat plate and leave to cool
mold to any shape and enjoy

For me, I kept it in the freezer and it can last for a very long time.

ibeg, wash your pot as soon as you are done with very hot water else, you ceate extra job for yourself.

We're very safe to do business with
You can drop your text message, we will call back.

Mercy
WhatsApp 09076949060 or call 08160054413

(1) (Reply)

Baked Chicken Recipe / Jamaican Chicken Curry / Mastery Class On Canapés ( Fingerfood) For Those Ready To Start Small Chops Bix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.