Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,414 members, 7,947,708 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Meditating On God's Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditating On God's Word (513 Views)

Lesson From RCCG Kidnapped Deaconess, Ibelegbo Chidinma: Depend On God Alone! / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Joshua 1:8

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success

1 Timothy 4: 15

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

If you look at these two verses, you'll see that God wants us as His children to prosper and have good success. Not the type that the world gives and take, but what will give us peace of mind. Something we can leave as a legacy to our generation.

But before you tap into this realm of success, God has commanded us to do one thing; meditate upon His word.

When you want to pass an exam, what do you do? You go to class, listen to the teacher, read your books, meditate on it, practise it, and then write the exam and pass.

What do you do when you want good success?
You read the Bible, listen to the word of God, meditate on it, speak it into your existence, practise it, and you'll have good success.

But what do Christians do today?

The only focus on negativity. The fill their minds with it, think of it daily, and in the end, they want a positive result. How is that possible?

God wants us to be happy and successful.

3 John 1:2

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers.

You cannot tap into this when your mind is always clouded with the fear of failure, timidity, shame, and doubt.

2 Corinthians 10:5 says "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

You have to remove those negative thoughts from your mind. Those thoughts that say God cannot do it, there is no God, I'm wasting my time praying, etc. Bring those thoughts into captivity.

How?

By meditating on the word of God.

When the negative thoughts come, replace it with the word of God.

One of my friends who lost his father recently to diabetes was telling me he is now scared of living. That his father was so full of life, like someone who will stay for a long time. My friend said he always think of death. Wondering how he will die, and so on. I told him, when those thoughts come, replace it with joyful thoughts. I told him to think about his remaining family members, of his future wife, and children, the joy they would bring to him.

The bottom line is that you have to learn to replace negative thoughts if you're ever going to have peace of mind. But how are you going to replace negative thoughts that question the efficacy of your God, when you don't even know His word?

Read your Bible daily and meditate on it. Focus your mind on His promises. Connect with God through His word.

See yourself as God sees you, and see God as what He says He is.

Practice: pick a word of God today, and meditate on it, and see what God will do in your life. For example, if you need something from God, meditate on this word, day and night

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

And see what God will do for you.

As long as you meditate on the word of God, you will see right, speak right, and do right.

-Excerpts from Pst Taiwo Odukoya's Sunday message

Happy Sunday everyone.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nooil:
Joshua 1:8

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success

1 Timothy 4: 15

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that they profiting may appear to all.

If you look at these two verses, you'll see that God wants us as His children to prosper and have good success. Not the type that the world gives and take, but what will give us peace of mind. Something we can leave as a legacy to our generation.

But before you tap into this realm of success, God has commanded us to do one thing; meditate upon His word.

When you want to pass an exam, what do you do? You go to class, listen to the teacher, read your books, meditate on it, practise it, and then write the exam and pass.

What do you do when you want good success?
You read the Bible, listen to the word of God, meditate on it, speak it into your existence, practise it, and you'll have good success.

But what do Christians do today?

The only focus on negativity. The fill their minds with it, think of it daily, and in the end, they want a positive result. How is that possible?

God wants us to be happy and successful.

3 John 1:2

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers.

You cannot tap into this when your mind is always clouded with the fear of failure, timidity, shame, and doubt.

2 Corinthians 10:5 says "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

You have to remove those negative thoughts from your mind. Those thoughts that say God cannot do it, there is no God, I'm wasting my time praying, etc. Bring those thoughts into captivity.

How?

By meditating on the word of God.

When the negative thoughts come, replace it with the word of God.

One of my friends who lost his father recently to diabetes was telling me he is now scared of living. That his father was so full of life, like someone who will stay for a long time. My friend said he always think of death. Wondering how he will die, and so on. I told him, when those thoughts come, replace it with joyful thoughts. I told him to think about his remaining family members, of his future wife, and children, the joy they would bring to him.

The bottom line is that you have to learn to replace negative thoughts if you're ever going to have peace of mind. But how are you going to replace negative thoughts that question the efficacy of your God, when you don't even know His word?

Read your Bible daily and meditate on it. Focus your mind on His promises. Connect with God through His word.

See yourself as God sees you, and see God as what He says He is.

Practice: pick a word of God today, and meditate on it, and see what God will do in your life. For example, if you need something from God, meditate on this word, day and night

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

And see what God will do for you.

As long as you meditate on the word of God, you will see right, speak right, and do right.

-Excerpts from Pst Taiwo Odukoya's Sunday message

Happy Sunday everyone.

Is Wole Soyinka successful, According to u the answer is YES !.

Is he a Christan? NO !

What is he? Atheist !

Thank Yougrin

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/9600954/Wole-Soyinka-If-religion-was-taken-away-Id-be-happy.html
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
BadRadio:

Is Wole Soyinka successful, According to u the answer is YES !.

Is he a Christan? NO !

What is he? Atheist !

Thank Yougrin

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/9600954/Wole-Soyinka-If-religion-was-taken-away-Id-be-happy.html

You know, my mind told me you'll bring this up some day. Wole Soyinka has been divorced two times. That's a worldly success, not what God gives. God gives success in its entirety, nothing lacking.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nooil:

You know, my mind told me you'll bring this up some day. Wole Soyinka has been divorced two times. That's a worldly success, not what God gives. God gives success in its entirety, nothing lacking.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Kobojunkie: 1:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Jesus Christ is the word of God, not the Bible.

The Bible happens to contain the words that Jesus Christ gave us from God, but many have confused the entire book with Jesus Christ when it , the bible, is not.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is the word of God, not the Bible.

The Bible happens to contain the words that Jesus Christ gave us from God, but many have confused the entire book to be Jesus Christ when it is not.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nooil:

The truth about success is that it has so much to do with sowing and reaping... Natural laws emphasizes on principles, theories and phenomenon. Divine laws deals with beliefs, religion and doctrines. atheists gets results through Natural laws, Religious fanatics gets their results through beliefs.

So therefore it is clearly imperative to say that achieving real success is relative. There is not one road to it. grin
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
BadRadio:
The truth about success has so much to do with sowing and reaping... Natural laws emphasizes on principles, theories and phenomenon. Divine laws deals with beliefs, religion and doctrines. atheists gets results through Natural laws, Religious fanatics gets their results through beliefs.

So therefore it is clearly imperative to say that achieving real success is relative. There is not one road to it. grin

Success is relative. It all depends on individual perception. What do you see as success? What kind of success do you want?
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nooil:

Success is relative. It all depends on individual perception. What do you see as success? What kind of success do you want?
You dont necessarily have to know God or read the bible to be successful. That's my point
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2020
BadRadio:
You don't necessarily have to know God or read the bible to be successful. That's my point

Obviously. But if you want good success, (not the type that takes away your sleep, and that of others), you need to meditate on the word of God, day and night.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nooil:

Obviously. But if you want good success, (not the type that takes away your sleep, and that of others), you need to meditate on the word of God, day and night.
what do u mean? Explain @ bolder.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
BadRadio:
what do u mean? Explain @ bolder.

Buy me Lucozade boost first, let me have strength
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nooil:

Buy me Lucozade boost first, let me have strength
tongue
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
What you must know is that a person can choose to pray or read the bible from morning till night and nothing will happen. That same person can meditate on it till tommorow and still find no result anywhere.

Infact, fast for 40 days and 40 nights if you like.

If a person is missing the fundamentals and asking for the wrong things through prayers, the story certainly stays desame.

faith cometh by the word, yet faith without work is dead! perhaps this explains your view point.

right?

Natural laws stands alone, Divine laws are ineffective if a person is not paying attention to Natural laws. Meaning there are no results in Divine laws without Natural laws, besides miracles tongue
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2020
Tell past Taiwo Odukoya to see me in my office. Lemme do some coaching grin
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
BadRadio:
What you

There are lots of things you don't understand. But perhaps if you sit still, and think deep, you'll get them. Don't be hasty in your thoughts. Think deep and analyze. Try and get the message the messenger is passing. Life is not all about arguing and trying to be right.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nooil:

There are lots of things you don't understand. But perhaps if you sit still, and think deep, you'll get them. Don't be hasty in your thoughts. Think deep and analyze. Try and get the message the messenger is passing. Life is not all about arguing and trying to be right.
You are probably a christian because your parents raised u as a christian. I believe you would be a Muslim if you are raised as a Muslim. You lack definition of self and it has affected the way you think or reason.

I dont argue with u. Victim of crowd mentality that is too egotistical and proud to learn.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
BadRadio:
You are probably a christian because your parents raised u as a christian. I believe you would be a Muslim if you are raised as a Muslim. You lack definition of self and it has affected the way you think or reason.

I dont argue with u. Victim of crowd mentality that is too egotistical and proud to learn.

I have seen your posts where you say you don't believe in God. So, I'm not surprised at this outburst. It was only a matter of time you revealed yourself.

Why did you change the dullards? You should know by now that name-calling has no effect on me.

And for your information, I don't have a crowd mentality. I only believe in God because I had a personal encounter with Him.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nooil:

I have seen your posts where you say you don't believe in God. So, I'm not surprised at this outburst. It was only a matter of time you revealed yourself.

Why did you change the dullards? You should know by now that name-calling has no effect on me.

And for your information, I don't have a crowd mentality. I only believe in God because I had a personal encounter with Him.
As a matter of fact I am a Christian but that dosent stop me from stating perspectives objectively... A lot of persons have been blinded to real truths in th name of religion.

Before you start quoting me wrongly with your scandalous way of understanding... I never said I dont believe in God.

You have real issues u ain't alive to and it sucks big time !
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
BadRadio:
As a matter of fact I am a Christian but that doesn't stop me from stating perspectives objectively... A lot of persons have been blinded to real truths in the name of religion.

Before you start quoting me wrongly with your scandalous way of understanding... I never said I don't believe in God.

I only asked you to understand the message, but you started cursing. Why the temper ish? It's not good for your heart.

There is no way you'll meditate on the word of God that you won't have good success. If there is any Bible verse I keep in my mind, it's "Seeth a man diligent in his work, he will stand before kings."

The Bible teaches the fruits of the Holy Spirit. If you have them in mind, you won't go out and intentionally hurt people because you want to earn money.

Good success means wealth and health that is gotten without hurting yourself and people in the process. You can sleep well at night. I hope you understand.

Ps: You don't need to have lots of money to be called successful. As long as you can provide for yourself and your family, and you all are in good health, you're successful.
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nooil:

I only asked you to understand the message, but you started cursing. Why the temper ish? It's not good for your heart.

There is no way you'll meditate on the word of God that you won't have good success. If there is any Bible verse I keep in my mind, it's "Seeth a man diligent in his work, he will stand before kings."

The Bible teaches the fruits of the Holy Spirit. If you have them in mind, you won't go out and intentionally hurt people because you want to earn money.

Good success means wealth that is gotten without hurting yourself and people in the process. You can sleep well at night. I hope you understand.
I am done. bye!
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
BadRadio:
I am done. bye!

Good bye!
Re: Meditating On God's Word by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 21, 2020
Psalm 37:16

Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman Replies Sunday Adelaja / Reincarnation After Death, True Or Myth? / "I'll Deal With You If You Insult Oyedepo" - Pastor David Ibiyeomie Warns Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.