Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,188 members, 7,974,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:32 PM

Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army (6839 Views)

Army Council Meet To Approve Promotions Of Colonels, One-star Generals / Buhari Appeared In US Army War College 1980 Album / Is This Currently The Highest Ranked US Military Officer Of Nigerian Origin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by oyatz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
It's because of the Afonjas that are against him.

Poloyanabo2:
But Col. Njoku sef!
He became the first African colonel by 2003 and spent 10 more years without any increase in rank?
wasn't he cheated?
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by LexngtonSteele: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
They better keep these guys in the office and not at the war front.

The first sign of trouble, them don japa like Ojukwu, Zik and Kanu did grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Tranquillity360: 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
mrjaydee:
You must be a fool to think this guys are still Nigerians... imagine a war btw USA and Nigeria who do you think they will fight for?
Dumb article
Dumb OP
If there is war btw USA and Nigeria,who do you think Igbos will fight for?
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by rowland545(m): 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Igbochief001:

Nigeria vs USA they would side USA like other igbos

Igbo nation vs USA they would all back Igbo nation ...that's what u guys would never know about Igbo race ...we value our land more than anything ...that's why the greatest disrespect to an Igbo man is to bury him outside his village

That's one reason Biafra would be so great smart people being patriotic to their nation ... nothing beats that's

Ask Germany , ask Israel , ask Russia , ask China , ask japan , ask USA , patriotic citiziens are what grows a nation ...that's why Nigeria would never grow ...no one is patriotic about Nigeria ...we all care about our tribes
sorry were we go see them ask
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by rowland545(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
PaJamesN:
Mbaise is the Greatest clan on planet earth.......
People say they too wise... the clan in Igboland...
No wonder people do envy them,
Do you know that mbaise was the last capital of Biafra.
Even Ojukwu had so much respect for Mbaise People
That was why he left Enugu, Umuahia or Owerrri and went down to Mbaise to declare Biafra
It is Called Ahiara Declaration. In Ahiara Mbaise.
Citadel of Wisdom comes to mind.
Most of the sophisticated weapons used during the war were produced in Ahiara Tech.
Courtesy of Mbaise wise Scientists
chest beating at its peak.... Lols Biafra people makes me laugh any time they include we Niger deltans
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
NIGERIA AMAKA

Nigerians have always done great things..

What has crippled our military is Tribalism and Nepotism

Really?
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by MetaPhysical: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
OP,
You have three Colonels in US Army but python overpowers your homeland. How do they benefit you?
Beside, they are Americans, not Nigerians.

This is like people spend fmoney and time on games perfecting how to be bad and rugged with guns, with bombs and all sorts of ammo to target and destroy cities and populations but get weak when they see SARS. Their money and time and skills on internet has no application in real life.

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by 2cul2care: 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nigerians always flying high abroad, too bad we are not appreciated in our own country, only for our president to travel abroad and call us "lazy youths"

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by humilitypays(m): 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Mbaise, another great community in Nigeria after Nnewi; these two communities are six much and reason people fear and tag them names, just because they are too talented and smart cool

2 Likes

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by humilitypays(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:
OP,
You have three Colonels in US Army but python overpowers your homeland. How do they benefit you?

This is like people spend fmoney and time on games perfecting how to be bad and rugged with guns, with bombs and all sorts of ammo to target and destroy cities and populations but get weak when they see SARS. Their money and time and skills on internet has no application in real life.

Shut up!

Two of them I know personally, they always come home. They built mansions in their home towns and their families visit home a lot.

Igbos are like Jews, no matter where they go, they never forget their hometown, if u doubt me, visit Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi during Christmas period and see timbres and calibres returning from all parts of the world to their respective villages in Igbo land, its a culture and a way of life for the Igbos.

For your info, my own cousin is also rising fast in US Navy, currently in Japan since 3 years now for training, and from there he maybe heading to South Korea, etc.

We talk everyday. He tells me how he misses home just as I do too.

We Igbos don't forget our root. Even if you make us President of America, an Igbo man must find his way back to his village to pay homage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Tbasicme: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
sexylassie2:
This is a rubbish article

When is the military a place to get rich

There is nothing like highest paid in the US Army

You collect your salary according to your ranks

Hello Calm down please. The article is talking about Rank and not "Highest Paid. The way you jump into conclusion is amazing oh grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
sexylassie2:
This is a rubbish article

When is the military a place to get rich

There is nothing like highest paid in the US Army

You collect your salary according to your ranks

Tribalism has corrupted your brain files, kindly re-read the article, thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
It's not something to be proud of. I don't know why nigerians are always proud of their people developing and giving talents to another country

Portuguese should hate CRonaldo because he plays in Italy Juventus, Mourihou plies his trade in England. You're far from civilization, how can a nation earn foreign exchange without exporting goods and services?

Illiteracy kills, kindly enroll into a secondary school.

3 Likes

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

This is not about hate but saying the fact

There is no highest paid colonel anywhere in the US army, you are paid according to your rank

all officers in a certain rank are paid the same salary

It's not highest paid, but highest rank officers of Nigerian origin.

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
BlowYourMind:
........ amaka as they also have top in development of US, Allen Onyema Invictus Obinwanne Okeke Obi thanks for making us great in the US

He's fraud, we didn't deny him.

Thanks for exporting assets Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen 3rd and 4th most deadliest terrorists groups.

#Hope Hush Puppy isn't live on Instagram?
#Yewande Adekoya reportedly arrested in US for bank fraud ( Yoruba actress)
#SauceKid
#DannyCrane

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:
OP,

After Python... You're counting scores daily from Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits who's losing?

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Minjim: 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
yanabasee1:
See how the other tribe will try to feel bad and detail the thread and probably in the next few minutes another thread to list their own achievements in foreign countries will come to light....

Tribalism is here to stay....

The op is the bigot here.

He deliberately said Igbo when he could say Nigerians.
When you use tribe instead of race or country to profile someone, you're a bigot

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 16, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Portuguese should hate CRonaldo because he plays in Italy Juventus, Mourihou plies his trade in England. You're far from civilization, how can a nation earn foreign exchange without exporting goods and services?

Illiteracy kills, kindly enroll into a secondary school.
he's a Portuguese and he plays in their national club, I support Nigerians prasing ighalo or osimhen.

We shouldn't be praising people that don't even identify as a Nigerian.
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by MetaPhysical: 4:41am On Jun 16, 2020
humilitypays:
Shut up!

Two of them I know personally, they always come home. They built mansions in their home towns and their families visit home a lot.

Igbos are like Jews, no matter where they go, they never forget their hometown, if u doubt me, visit Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi during Christmas period and see timbres and calibres returning from all parts of the world to their respective villages in Igbo land, its a culture and a way of life for the Igbos.

For your info, my own cousin is also rising fast in US Navy, currently in Japan since 3 years now for training, and from there he maybe heading to South Korea, etc.

We talk everyday. He tells me how he misses home just as I do too.

We Igbos don't forget our root. Even if you make us President of America, an Igbo man must find his way back to his village to pay homage.

grin grin
Millions of you in Nigeria are already lost, they dont know hot to get home.

When Kaduna Declaration gavetill Oct1st for them to pack comot dem no fit. They said they dont have home to return to.

Nna, that your brother in Navy will be useful one day. He will build a Biafra canal and connect Biafraland to the sea. That day Biafraland will cease to be landlocked. Whats his rank now?

Thast a future Admiral of Biafran Navy. grin
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
he's a Portuguese and he plays in their national club, I support Nigerians prasing ighalo or osimhen.

We shouldn't be praising people that don't even identify as a Nigerian.

I hate snakes, till tomorrow. Anthony Joshua, does he represent Nigeria? How come Yorubas are promoting him as the son of the soil even after preferring England over Nigeria? What has he done for Nigeria? Oooh! In your words, he doesn't represent Nigeria, he's English.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
Masterkernel1:

I hate snakes, till tomorrow. Anthony Joshua, does he represent Nigeria? How come Yorubas are promoting him as the son of the soil even after preferring England over Nigeria? What has he done for Nigeria? Oooh! In your words, he doesn't represent Nigeria, he's English.
exactly my point, Anthony Joshua doesn't represent nigeria or gives glory to us, all is achievements are given to the United kingdom

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Masterkernel1: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
exactly my point, Anthony Joshua doesn't represent nigeria or gives glory to us, all is achievements are given to the United kingdom

I'm sorry to sound rude, your narrative is personal. It doesn't represent or define persons with dual nationalities.

They've either denounced any, the two nations still recognized them, what's your point?
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by proeast(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
Mbaise has the single highest concentration of human resources in Nigeria. They are not just highly populated but also highly educated and we'll traveled too.

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by proeast(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
Minjim:

The op is the bigot here.

He deliberately said Igbo when he could say Nigerians.
When you use tribe instead of race or country to profile someone, you're a bigot

Stop being hypocritical and jealous. If it had read "Three Yoruba Colonels who are the highest ranked Nigerians in the US army" you wouldn't be saying this.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the title since he equally acknowledged they're Nigerians yet you are pissed because they belong to an ethnic group you don't like.

2 Likes

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Minjim: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
proeast:

Stop being hypocritical and jealous. If it had read "Three Yoruba Colonels who are the highest ranked Nigerians in the US army" you wouldn't be saying this.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the title since he equally acknowledged they're Nigerians yet you are pissed because they belong to an ethnic group you don't like.

You have issues

Too bad I don't have ur cure

Look else where

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by eagleu: 5:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Congratulations to them. Waiting for one of them to be a general sooooon!
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by IlovePMB: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2020
Mbaise people na waa for una. What is the secret of Mbaise people?

1 Like

Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by antibullshit: 12:38am On Oct 29, 2021
I have just one question . Are there any fulanis in the US military ? Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by orisa37: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2021
They're Experts in TALIBAN WARFARE. THEY WILL BE GOOD TO FIGHT BOKOHARAM AND BIAFRA IPOB.
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by Biafrarep(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2021
PaJamesN:
Mbaise is the Greatest clan on planet earth.......
People say they too wise... the clan in Igboland...
No wonder people do envy them,
Do you know that mbaise was the last capital of Biafra.
Even Ojukwu had so much respect for Mbaise People
That was why he left Enugu, Umuahia or Owerrri and went down to Mbaise to declare Biafra
It is Called Ahiara Declaration. In Ahiara Mbaise.
Citadel of Wisdom comes to mind.
Most of the sophisticated weapons used during the war were produced in Ahiara Tech.
Courtesy of Mbaise wise Scientists

Mbaise people have huge population and they go to school a lot. Educational enrollment there is among the highest in Africa. You will see family of 8 children and they are all P.hd holders. When some people claim that Ekiti has the most educated people in Nigeria I just laugh because they probably haven't heard about Mbaise people.

If those Igbo men who climbed to the rank of colonel in US army were to be in Nigeria army, they would have been forced to remain at captain or major while dum.b fulanis will be promoted to colonel. The same mediocrity is applied in all government ministries and agencies were competent people are relegated while incompetent ones are promoted to decision making position because of ethnocentrism. When the British were ruling Nigeria, they enforced merit based system and that was why when they left, Igbos dominated virtually all sectors and Nigeria was growing in leaps and bounds but Ahmadu Bello and other hateful bigots started making hate speeches and by 1966, they acted on it. Since then, Nigeria collapsed and never rose up again because they removed Igbos and replaced them with Fulanis who lacked the competency to manage those roles.

That's one of the basic reasons why I support Biafra.
Re: Three Igbo Colonels Who Are The Highest Ranked Nigerians In The US Army by PrinceOfLagos: 8:13am On Oct 29, 2021
Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue 2023: Benard Yisa Declares Intention To Contest Under APC / Photos From APC Final Ward Rally In Owan West LGA / BREAKING News-there Is Vacancy In Edo State Government House-tony Anenih.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.