Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,751 members, 7,875,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

She Needs Our Help On This Matter. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Needs Our Help On This Matter. (399 Views)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Is My Wife Correct On This Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Needs Our Help On This Matter. by adekalumichael: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2020
She needs your advice :

I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the trad wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.He was able to raise it � as I wasnt working and I couldn't help financially.

After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parent as he did send to his parent too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn't owe my parent anything that they have collected all they are entitled to from him.

Initially I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which is amounted to 400k.

My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother's wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn't come to him for any financial assistance.
This got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.

Ever since then, we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn't talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2yrs of courting.

Please our mummies and daddies kindly advise me on what to do to savor the situation, I am in between my husband and my family.

Copied

1 Share

Re: She Needs Our Help On This Matter. by oluspicy: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
The husband is so correct. He does not owe your family any financial aid anymore. His only responsibility is you and your children, not you and your family.

Once married, everything is about your marriage you're about to create. Your parents are not his responsibility.

And just like the way he took charge about the trad wedding of you must also be done by your brother. Your husband should not be paying for your brother's wedding.

How can you even ask when he didn't pay for yours?

2 Likes

Re: She Needs Our Help On This Matter. by adekalumichael: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
oluspicy:
The husband is so correct. He does not owe your family any financial aid anymore. His only responsibility is you and your children, not you and your family.

Once married, everything is about your marriage you're about to create. Your parents are not his responsibility.

And just like the way he took charge about the trad wedding of you must also be done by your brother. Your husband should not be paying for your brother's wedding.

How can you even ask when he didn't pay for yours?

The home is not peaceful now, what can they do? I think this is where the real question lies.
Re: She Needs Our Help On This Matter. by boldx(m): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
Poster, I am not sure you are OK if this story is a true life story. Your family does not deserve any support.

1 Like

Re: She Needs Our Help On This Matter. by Oladayo12(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Frankly speaking this must be a fiction, but if otherwise let me chip in a little. @Op your jobless brother wants to marry and your family singlehandedly shared the bills for people to foot. @OP i'm not sorry to say this your family are just so shameless, your brother is a typical example of had i know, your parent shouldn't have birth him. he's a born throway being. @OP you and your miserable family are a profound leech, i sincerely pity that innocent man called your husband, he truly married an entitled biggot. @OP pls do me a kind favour by refunding back your bride's pride to that innocent man, then go back to your father's house pls. you don't deserve that man 1 bit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Your Children Can Pay Their School Fees Themselves / Why ASUU Strike Does Not Move Anyone But Nasu/ssanu Strike Does! / Are They Twins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.