Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,128 members, 7,880,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d (6389 Views)

Former FCT Minister, Bala Mohammed’s 25yr Old Son, Abdullahi, Buys N800m Spo / Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries / Pension Scam: I Made N82m Selling "Pure Water" - Mrs Veronica Ulonma Onyegbula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by segunjowo(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
I know that this CBN mandatory account update in all banks will help us find those crooks living on our collective money.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by untainted: 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2011
Dis Guy:

So with all the electronic this and that being introduced to get rid of ghost workers these thieves are still stealing money

Shouldn't the head (or former head) of service be questioned too? plus the consultant that worked on the epayment system

To be fair to Oronsaye (former Head of Service), he insisted on the electronic biometric whatever and other reforms in pensions to check such occurences.

He said after the contributory pension scheme was introduced and government was supposed to pay off all who retired before the scheme was introduced, the number kept growing every year even though they (pensioners) were supposed to be dying and the number reducing.

After the first phase of the exercise, the wage bill reduced from about N1.9bn or thereabout to N600 million.

why do you think some civil servants were bent on seeing his back. hopefully the new HOS will comntinue with the reforms
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by JaaizTech: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
untainted:

To be fair to Oronsaye (former Head of Service), he insisted on the electronic biometric whatever and other reforms in pensions to check such occurences.

He said after the contributory pension scheme was introduced and government was supposed to pay off all who retired before the scheme was introduced, the number kept growing every year even though they (pensioners) were supposed to be dying and the number reducing.

After the first phase of the exercise, the wage bill reduced from about N1.9bn or thereabout to N600 million.

why do you think some civil servants were bent on seeing his back. hopefully the new HOS will comntinue with the reforms

Bros, do you think it is possible to pull this off without the collaboration of ministers and the Head of Service. 800 million no be small money o. I wonder how much the Head of Service would have in his account
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by Koikoi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2011
The system breeds the sort. What's so extraordinary about this? checkout the payroll of n/a members and then calculate the amount that has been expended on NEPA since 1999 and so on. Please lets face reality. The system makes monsters out of us all. shame!
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by bigdoo: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2011
I do not condone, support or justify fraud, corruption in office and embezzlement of public money by any means or by any person.  But why is it that when an Ibo person or a person from any of the South East minority tribes commits even the smallest crime in Nigeria, he or she is very easily questioned and exposed?  But if the person is from other privileged tribes, he or she is exonerated or covered up.  What happened to N52Billion, which Bankole wasted in useless overseas trips in just two years and has anybody convicted him of any crime?  I even heard that the former speaker whom Bankole took office from was relieved of her office for misappropriating a fraction of a billion naira.  However she was removed from office simply because she is from the South East, only to be replaced by someone who steals in multiples of billions of naira.  She would have been covered up or protected if she was a Yoruba or Hausa woman.  Ogbulafor was forced to resign from office for misappropriating about N100million, which is nothing compared with what many senators lavish in a few months or weeks.  Many people have become glorified sacred cows, fat cats and untouchables in Nigeria simply because they are from one tribe or another even when it is more than obvious that they have looted billions or even trillions of naira from government coffers.  I do not think that our approach is right when it comes to flushing out corrupt people from our country.  Only a few vulnerable people who do not have the immunity and protection that the big untouchable Nigerians enjoy are used as sacrificial lambs.  It is very regrettable and unjust.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by goggs(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2011
what a man can do, a woman can do better!

I am sure she was aiming for a billion bucks! Go gurl! grin
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by 5p1naz(m): 12:22am On Jan 27, 2011
[size=14pt]so the best place to hide na sheraton mschew, shaking my head. . .[/size]
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by ifele(m): 2:14am On Jan 27, 2011
Government fraud is going to kill the Nigerian system. Catch the thieves. EFCC we praise you.Thanks EFCC.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by Probity100: 5:51am On Jan 27, 2011
goggs:

what a man can do, a woman can do better!

I am sure she was aiming for a billion bucks! Go gurl! grin

YES INDEED! What a man can do, A woman can do better! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by untainted: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2011
JaaizTech:

Bros, do you think it is possible to pull this off without the collaboration of ministers and the Head of Service. 800 million no be small money o. I wonder how much the Head of Service would have in his account

Even though the quoted is a valid food for thought, you really need to know how the civil service operates to understand that a minister (political appointee) who stays not more than 1, 2 to 3 years in a ministry will be completely oblivious of what happens in some departments in the ministry.

While the minister concentrates mostly on contracts, the permanent secretary who is the chief accounting officer and a host of "trusted" directors and at times junior officials are mostly the ones who run the ministry, department or agency.

Most of them would have stayed 20 to 23 years in service and had mastered the art of "thievery and concealment" before they made it to assistant directors.

AS for the Head of Service, well one could probably infer that the work of the immediate past could be said to have led to the arrest of this woman and her cohorts.
But truly, the damage a corrupt Head of Service can do is better left imagined
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by TeadroTec: 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,

Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE[/size][size=8pt]
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.

Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,

Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!

Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by elegal1(f): 2:35pm On Jan 27, 2011
We really need sober reflection, then violent reaction.Many honest retirees are dying because of non payment of gratuities and pensions, while these terrible criminals are joking with the destinies of countless families.The whole country is under demonic influence,and we need an exorcism.God help us.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by Ranoscky(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Bluetooth, pls go and whiting your teeth before you come here and spit nonsense!
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by Navi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
women ar very dangerous. She she b sentenced to 50 yrs imprisonment alongside oda co-pen criminals.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by babafrayo1: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
dats incredible
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by deluxs1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
@obiora1990, U be ur papa financial secretary grin.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by software(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2011
wetin una dey expect before? sebi na money,
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by GurusForum: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2011
This story just validated what a big time estate
valuer once told us. He said that civil servants in
Abuja are richer than senators and house members
and we doubted it.

He went ahead to tell us that an estate firm once
tried to sell building worth hundreds of millions of
Naira to the NASS members but none of them bought
a single building.

They were all bought by civil servants. Now, I know
the truth.
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by bignaija(m): 5:23am On Jan 29, 2011
[size=22pt]the cheapest internet browsing packages in nigeria# check my blog below [/size]
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by seanet03: 5:33am On Jan 29, 2011
Typical ibo people. Will stuff even their head with money
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by fstranger1: 5:37am On Jan 29, 2011
seanet03:

Typical ibo people. Will stuff even their head with money

Again, I approve this message!
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by Decryptor(m): 12:17am On Jan 31, 2011
Two reasons why this woman was arrested, Primary reason: She was "chopping" alone and probably refused to "pay her dues". Secondary reason: She is a Ibo woman. If it was one 'Hajiya' from the north, we would'nt have heard the story. No be Naija be dis?
Re: Pension Scam: Efcc Discovers N800m In Civil Servant's Account: :d by udonna777: 6:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nawaaaoo God will expose them one by one, if this person can have this amount in account who knows the amount his relation will be keeping for this person

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Son Is Insane - (Boko Haram Spokesman) Ali Konga's Father / "Before They Tarnish Reverend Father Matthew Hassan Kukah"- A Rejoinder. / Hmmm. See What IPOB Planned To Do If Anyalekwa, Igbere TV Was Not Released (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.