Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,753 members, 7,965,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:41 PM

9 Steps To Gain Top Ten Ranking In Google Search Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 9 Steps To Gain Top Ten Ranking In Google Search Rankings (291 Views)

9 Steps To Creating An Awesome Email Newsletter / How Increase Your Site Ranking In Google ? / Tips - 15 Best SEO Tools To Improve Your Ranking In 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Steps To Gain Top Ten Ranking In Google Search Rankings by todhost(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
Search Engine Optimization companies are making a fortune by doing the menial work that is overlooked by many website designers. It is ridiculously easy to do most of the work done by most SEO companies, all you have to do is create good habits and focus these 9 main points that are sure to give you good success:

• Keywords
• URL Text
• Description, Meta tags
• Title tags
• Image Names
• ALT tags
• Heading tags
• Content
• Hyperlinks

Keywords

Keywords are the most important aspect of good SEO, this is where you tell the Search Engines what your site is about. Search Engines use an algorithm to determine the "Keyword Density" of your site, this formula is:

Total Words ÷ Keywords= Keyword Density. Use this formula on your competitors web site and see how they score, then aim to beat that score.

Choose keywords that best relate to the information, products or services that you are offering. For instance, if I am designing a site about "Web Design", I want my site to include the words "Web Design" as many times as possible. However, most people don't just search for just one word, they type phrases, so you should consider the phrases that best suit your sites target market. For example, if I am creating a site about "Web Design" in New Orleans, I would include "New Orleans web design" in my keywords. Another way around this is to not separate my keywords with commas, just use spaces, and the Search Engines will make the phrases for you. The most important thing to remember is that the content of each page is different, so only use keywords pertaining to that page.

Tips to Help You Choose the right keywords

Think like a customer

Identify your target audience and put yourself into the shoes of a customer when you create your initial list of keywords. Ask yourself, 'If I wanted to find one of these products or services, what would I type into Google?' You can also consult others, such as friends, family members, or even current customers to get their opinion on phrases they would use when searching for your products and services.

Study the competition

Make a list of your main competitors and go to their websites to see what keywords they are targeting. Read their content and view their metatags to help identify the keywords they are targeting. Looking at your competitor's keywords will not only help you see what you could be forgetting, but also help broaden your list of ideas.

Understand long tail keywords

Long tail keywords are a combination of three or more words or phrases. While long tail keywords tend to boast lower search volumes, they generally attract more relevant traffic, are typically less competitive, and easier to rank well on. Choose long tail keywords that help to specify your product or service.

Use keyword research tools

If you are using Google Ads you can use their keyword tool to research your potential target keywords. With this tools and others like SEMRUSH and Raventools, you can gather data on keyword volume and trends, keyword competition, similar keywords and more.

Analyze the results

After choosing your keywords don't forget to monitor them and analyze the results. There are often trending keywords or phrases, along with new keywords your competitors may be using.

Don't forget to utilize your keywords wherever possible! Insert your keywords into blog posts, social media posts, metatags and your website's content. The more you use keywords within your content, the easier it will be for your target audience to find you.

(1) (Reply)

Men's Lace Up Canvas Blue Now Available / Reasons Why You Should Use Premium Nord Vpn Accounts / Anyone Here Used AWS EC2? For Cloud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.