Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Cankerworm II - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cankerworm II (436 Views)

Why Do We Pray With Candles? Part II / Throwback: Pope John Paul II In Onitsha 1998- Picture / Opinion | Extreme Religiosity A Cankerworm In The Nigerian Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
Another cankerworm I'll be dissecting through the help of the Holy Spirit is Anger.

Anger is a very dangerous cankerworm that the devil subtly inputs in the lives of Believers, in order to deprive them of their inheritance.

Remember Moses? He was assigned to lead the Israelites, which he did, but those people frustrated him to the point that he ANGRILY struck the rock that God instructed him to strike once.

Brethren, did he gain or lose as a result of that?

Of course, he lost. He lost his inheritance.

He lost access to the promised land - Canaan Land.

To be truthful, I had experienced this before.

I lost answers to months of hard labour in prayers, all because of five minutes' anger.

Click on this link https://crowninspires.com/2020/04/03/the-eleventh-hour/ to read about how I lost all due to anger.

Many times believer lose everything because of anger.

How does this happen?

The devil creates a situation that makes you feel hurt and angry at the same time, most especially, when he knows what you've prayed for is at the tip of your hands.

What should you do as a believer?

� Pray to be sanctified.

� Control your temperance: when there comes a situation that provoked you to anger, control your temperance.

One day I was really offended to my bone marrows, if I was to react, things would have been damaged.

You know what I did?

Like my mentor often tells me.

I kept mute and ruminated for a few minutes; despite the hurt, that was how I was able to control the situation at that moment.

� Believers, learn how to suppress this evil cankerworm with the help of the Holy Spirit, because, there's no way the Holy Spirit won't warn you about the evil to come.

Please, always heed to this warning and put the devil to shame.

God will continually give us the grace to overcome these cankerworms as we shame the devil in Jesus' name.

I'll like you to share your experiences relating to this cankerworm - anger, in the comment box.

Stay blessed, protected and vigilant till I come your way again.

I remain Crownofglory - The Influencer
Content Creator||•Copy Writer||•Blogger||•Counselor.

Re: The Cankerworm II by Naijaarchive(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
smiley
Re: The Cankerworm II by Missyajoke(f): 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Niceee
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 1:46am On Jun 16, 2020
Thank you.
Re: The Cankerworm II by Kobojunkie: 2:08am On Jun 16, 2020
So here's my first question. How many times does a "believer" need to pray to be sanctified? I mean why not get born again and be done with that torturous practice? undecided undecided

Second, who told you that you lost answers to months of prayer because of 5 minutes of anger? Even your Lord and Master despaired before He went on the cross, and that did not in any way remove from who He is or His sacrifice.

Peter, Jesus Christ's disciple panicked and turned his back on Jesus, probably missing his crucifixion and burial even, but did that cost Peter his place among Christ's disciples? Did it cost Peter the "key to the Kingdom" which Jesus gave Him right before He left for heaven?

Moses acted out of anger, but the same Moses died just as He turned 120 and He was the last of the Israelites(older ones) who left Egypt and were not meant to enter the promised land. Yes, he died at the ripe and right old age of 120. Was that much of a loss? After walking for 40 years, he got to see the land at least.
Re: The Cankerworm II by saintvc(m): 3:01am On Jun 16, 2020
JESUS GOT ANGRY AND SCATTERED THE TRADERS OF THE TEMPLE
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
@Kobojunkie

Answer to your first question, not all believers are sanctified.

You can pray it out.

Two: You should know when you lose your peace. Besides, our God isn't deaf to our prayers. Many times the devil introduces anger when he knows we're almost getting there. If you know about peace, then you'll discover this that I'm saying.

The Bible says that Moses lost his inheritance of entering the promised land because of that. That doesn't mean he didn't live long.

1 Like

Re: The Cankerworm II by Kobojunkie: 4:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Glopatience:
@Kobojunkie
Answer to your first question, not all believers are sanctified.
You can pray it out.
Where did Jesus Christ say that to be sanctified, you have to pray? According to Him, the key is Obedience, not prayer!
Glopatience:
Two: You should know when you lose your peace. Besides, our God isn't deaf to our prayers. Many times the devil introduces anger when he knows we're almost getting there. If you know about peace, then you'll discover this that I'm saying.
Anger is not a sin, and it will not make God turn away His answer from us. Think about it. Does God get angry? Absolutely!
Did He make us in His own image? YES!
So, is it wrong to be angry? HECK NO!
So how can anger be from the devil when it is part of our very nature as humans?
We get angry and frustrated, that is expected since it is built into our nature, but God does not get angry at us for that.

Sure God is not deaf but He is not stupid either! God made it clear that what He wants from us is obedience on our part. Obedience, not even prayers, but obedience. Obedience of His commandments, that is the key to getting anything from God. He already knows what we need, even before we ask for it. He already sees the troubles coming even before they happen.

So, what makes you think He wants you to first pray when He said what He wants is for you to obey him if indeed you love Him as you claim? God wants us to prove to Him that we indeed love Him, and the only way we can do that is by Obeying His commandments to us.
Sure, peace is great to have! But even greater is our obedience to God for that is where our peace is made perfect.
Glopatience:
The Bible says that Moses lost his inheritance of entering the promised land because of that. That doesn't mean he didn't live long.
Moses did not lose his inheritance because he got angry. He lost it because Moses disobeyed God as a result. God was not angry that Moses was pissed at the Israelites for being Stiff-necked people He told Moses they were. No, God penalized Moses for disobeying Him.
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kobojunkie

The Bible says "Be angry and sin not", by this it means your anger is only justifiable when you are angry against sin like Jesus did in the temple.

He was angry at what their act but he didn't commit any sin.

Jesus prayed to the Father to sanctify us through His truth... Thy word is truth. This is a prayer.

We are to pry to God for whatever we want.

He said if ye ask ANYTHING in my name.

Asking God whatever you want is a prayer.
Re: The Cankerworm II by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Jun 23, 2020
Glopatience:
o
Kobojunkie

The Bible says "Be angry and sin not", by this it means your anger is only justifiable when you are angry against sin like Jesus did in the temple.

He was angry at what their act but he didn't commit any sin.
ok.
Glopatience:

Jesus prayed to the Father to sanctify us through His truth... Thy word is truth. This is a prayer.
Jesus prayed to God, yes, but did Jesus ask us to pray to God for sanctification? If yes, where? undecided
Glopatience:

We are to pry to God for whatever we want.

He said if ye ask ANYTHING in my name.

Asking God whatever you want is a prayer.
Sure, Jesus Christ said We should pray for anything, but He also old us exactly what it is we need to do in order to be sanctified.

So, why continue to "ask" for that which you already have answers to? Why not simply do what has been commanded?

Obedience is what is keeping the majority of "believers" from obtaining sanctification i.e. becoming born again(born of the spirit of God) , not prayer. No amount of prayer is going to fulfill the works necessary for that to happen...and prayer cannot be used to counter or cancel out that requirement. Obedience is the key, not prayer.
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 1:01am On Jun 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
ok.
Jesus prayed to God, yes, but did Jesus ask us to pray to God for sanctification? If yes, where? undecided He prayed for us and not for Himself

Sure, Jesus Christ said We should pray for anything, but He also old us exactly what it is we need to do in order to be sanctified.

So, why continue to "ask" for that which you already have answers to? Why not simply do what has been commanded?

Obedience is what is keeping the majority of "believers" from obtaining sanctification i.e. becoming born again(born of the spirit of God) , not prayer. No amount of prayer is going to fulfill the works necessary for that to happen...and prayer cannot be used to counter or cancel out that requirement. Obedience is the key, not prayer.
How does a sinner obey?
Re: The Cankerworm II by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Glopatience:

How does a sinner obey?
We are not talking of "the world" here, right? We are talking of the "believing sinners" who are right there in the churches.

All that the many believing sinners have to do is obey the commandments of Jesus Christ in order to become born again.
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
You mean obedience without prayer?
Re: The Cankerworm II by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Glopatience:
You mean obedience without prayer?
Didn't say that!
Prayer comes out of our mouths easily. You said something like that yourself, remember? And you also know that God already knows what we want even before we pray for it, so it is not always the case that He waits for us to pray first before He gives us answers? Is that not right?

Prayer is good, and you can pray even as you obey. But the key to God's Kingdom, the key to God's heart, the very key to sanctification ie becoming born again/born of the Spirit of God, is obedience, not prayer. Prayer is good but it is not the key!

Jesus Christ talked over and over about this in every single parable about the Kingdom of God that spoke of those who would qualify/enter into it. Obedience is the way to God's heart. Obedience is the only way to show love for Jesus Christ. Obedience is the only way to appeal to the Master. Obedience! Obedience!! Obedience!!!
Re: The Cankerworm II by Glopatience(f): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
I hear you.

(1) (Reply)

Only In Winners We Laid Hands On 29 Covid-19 Patients, They Got Healed- Oyedepo / Are Magic Real? And How Can I Practice Them? / The Secret Of Satan That I Am Going To Reveal To The Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.