Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:06 AM

Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub (1716 Views)

Senegal Gives Akon Deadline To Build $6 Billion ‘akon City’ / Akon Building ‘akon City’, A Futuristic City Outside Capital Dakar / Tony Elumelu And Akon Pictured Together Enjoying Boat Cruise In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 1:03am On Jun 16, 2020
You may not have thought about Akon since his song 'Lonely' became an earworm a decade ago, but the musician has moved from conquering the charts to building what has been dubbed his very own 'Wakanda.'

He previously revealed that he was working on creating a “100% crypto-based city,” and in November 2019, he shared on Nick Cannon’s radio show Power 106 Los Angeles that building is already under way. The city has been named Akon City.
And most recently, the rapper (and Akon City founder) shared via Twitter that his city in Senegal is official. "Looking forward to hosting you there in the future," he shared with his followers, alongside news that he had "finalized the agreement."

While it sounds like something out of a supervillain’s playbook, Akon plans for the city to be “renewable” with a focus on solar energy (a statement claims that his charity project Akon Lighting Africa has provided "scaled solar power solutions throughout 18 countries to date in Africa"wink

The same statement also revealed Akon City is intended to be a “100% crypto-based city with AKoin at the center of transactional life”, described as a “real-life Wakanda”.

The singer, who has previously said he would consider running for President of the United States, told Cannon, “It’s Akon City. It’s all renewable, the Akon-tainment solar city. A real physical place, it’s going to have a real airport.”

“It’s a 10-year building block so we’re doing it in stages. We started construction in March and stage two is going to be 2025,” Akon continued.

The city is based in Senegal and after Cannon hinted it would take a billionaire to build an entire city, Akon criticised the term. The singer, who also owns two record labels on top of running his charity Akon Lighting Africa, said, “I always felt like if you have to label yourself a billionaire, I don’t think billionaires even label themselves billionaires. You know, you have no idea. But the crazy part about it though, when I hear stuff like that it makes me sad
“When I travel, I see so many things that happen - so many people that need assistance and so many things that just need to be resolved - and if you can have a billion dollars sitting in the bank while you have all these people suffering and struggling? Man, it’s just crazy,” he said.

“It’s like a waste of a billion dollars sitting there, literally,” Akon continued.

Akon told Cannon that he was in the “impact business” and added that he wanted to “build a legacy." According to a statement about AKoin, the city will be built on “2,000 acres of land gifted to Akon from the President of Senegal” and will be a five minute drive to the airport, plus nearby Dakar.

He also said he hoped that AKoin would take off on an international level, saying that it was the project he was “most excited about personally” rather than his namesake city. He said, “You might just go to vacation and when you transfer your American dollars into their money, you might just be transferring it into AKoins. That’s the goal.”

Page Six reported that at an appearance last June, Akon talked further about cryptocurrency and AKoin. Saying that blockchain and crypto “could be the saviour for Africa in many ways”, he responded to technical questions about the blockchain with, “I come with the concepts and let the geeks figure it out.”

According to Arabian Business, Akon also appeared at the Sharjah Entrepreneurship Festival and criticised other celebrities for what he perceived as badly thought out moves into cryptocurrency

He said, “I think a lot of the entertainers went with the wave and also the hype of cryptocurrency, not understanding what it was or what it is and I think a lot of them got caught up into the companies that got eventually folded or were scams.”

“That’s just a lack of education in getting into certain things because as an entertainer you find yourself endorsing a lot of products that you don’t do due diligence on,” he finished.

kiss

1 Share

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:34am On Jun 16, 2020
I think its high time I explained the word "VANITY" to nairalanders so they will understand better.

To start with, wealth is good. Good wealth is from God. Wealth explains and brings out God's blessings upon our life. So never think when we say vanity, we mean wealth is bad. Poverty also is not a sign of being cursed. It is not a sign of not getting God'd blessings. Major prophets in the bible were all poor. They were highly blessed despite the fact that they were poor. Majority of all saints lived a poor life just to please others.

So what do we mean when we say vanity?

Have you ever paused to think of how you admired those in secondary school while you were in primary school?
When you now became a secondary school student did you feel the same? Same way you felt for university students right? Even NYSC people.
Same way you admire car owners because you don't have it. When you now have it its not same feeling. It looks nothing.

So what do you partake in just to get rich? Fraud? Stealing? Yahoo? Rituals? Looting? Stealing people tithe? or your good efforts?

If you do evil to get rich, you are on your way to VANITY issue. This is because when you build ten houses, you live only in one.
You have ten beds, you lie in one. You have twenty cars, you only drive one. In fact, you will discover that you will still worry to get more.
You start thinking of being richer than Dangote. You will continue in an infinity wants till you die. Problem is that after you death comes judgement.
A judgement that if it goes a wrong way, you would wish you never tasted money.

So why do evil just to get rich This is what VANITY is all about. Hope u understand?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 1:47am On Jun 16, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I think its high time I explained the word "VANITY" to nairalanders so they will understand better.

To start with, wealth is good. Good wealth is from God. Wealth explains and brings out God's blessings upon our life. So never think when we say vanity, we mean wealth is bad. Poverty also is not a sign of being cursed. It is not a sign of not getting God'd blessings. Major prophets in the bible were all poor. They were highly blessed despite the fact that they were poor. Majority of all saints lived a poor life just to please others.

So what do we mean when we say vanity?

Have you ever paused to think of how you admired those in secondary school while you were in primary school?
When you now became a secondary school student did you feel the same? Same way you felt for university students right? Even NYSC people.
Same way you admire car owners because you don't have it. When you now have it its not same feeling. It looks nothing.

So what do you partake in just to get rich? Fraud? Stealing? Yahoo? Rituals? Looting? Stealing people tithe? or your good efforts?

If you do evil to get rich, you are on your way to VANITY issue. This is because when you build ten houses, you live only in one.
You have ten beds, you lie in one. You have twenty cars, you only drive one. In fact, you will discover that you will still worry to get more.
You start thinking of being richer than Dangote. You will continue in an infinity wants till you die. Problem is that after you death comes judgement.
A judgement that if it goes a wrong way, you would wish you never tasted money.

So why do evil just to get rich This is what VANITY is all about. Hope u understand?
hmmmm bro I think you're missing the point here base on the subject matter no where crime is mentioned, why the thread is created and channelled here on politics section is to challenge us and our so called politicians that had the money in bulk also had some in their soak away pit,this is a man that want to make change and make a name man how is not selfish like our leaders here in Nigeria here, he dreamed of a better Africa that can compare with other continent, with the little money he has not minding how costly this gonna cost really me and you will conclude this is impossible for just little AKON to achieve that, but at least he has send strong message and challenge many that think they have enough more than him, which goes back to the question who you help with your billions what impact did you make with the little you have
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:56am On Jun 16, 2020
chibuike65:
hmmmm bro I think you're missing the point here base on the subject matter no where crime is mentioned, why the thread is created and channelled here on politics section is to challenge us and our so called politicians that had the money in bulk also had some in their soak away pit,this is a man that want to make change and make a name man how is not selfish like our leaders here in Nigeria here, he dreamed of a better Africa that can compare with other continent, with the little money he has not minding how costly this gonna cost really me and you will conclude this is impossible for just little AKON to achieve that, but at least he has send strong message and challenge many that think they have enough more than him, which goes back to the question who you help with your billions what impact did you make with the little you have

Am not against the project either. Just trying to explain VANITY. I didn't meant to accuse anybody.

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 2:03am On Jun 16, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Am not against the project either. Just trying to explain VANITY. I didn't meant to accuse anybody.
I know some will still look for how the project is related to 666, nothing wrong with dreaming big
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:11am On Jun 16, 2020
chibuike65:
I know some will still look for how the project is related to 666, nothing wrong with dreaming big

Never mind. No project is related to 666 anything. But our ultimate target as Christians is to inherit heaven as all wealth we have on earth will be left when we die. We die once but if you lived a good life you will have chance to resurrect with Jesus to live forever.

We are not to worry about what is 666 or what is not but to constantly worry about the type of life we live.
Shalom
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by Karemarealty288(m): 2:30am On Jun 16, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 2:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Under the "Akoin Ecosystem", consumers will be able to buy, hold and spend cryptocurrency straight from their smartphones.

"It brings the power back to the people and brings the security back into the currency system," Akon explained.

"It also allows the people to utilise it in ways where they can advance themselves and not allow government to do those things that are keeping them down."

However, Akon admitted he didn't know all the technical aspects of his new venture.

"I come with the concepts and let the geeks figure it out," he said.

What is cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency that operates independently from a central bank.

It uses cryptography (the conversion of information into an almost uncrackable code) to secure and verify transactions.

This makes it extremely difficult to counterfeit.

The first and probably most famous cryptocurrency is Bitcoin, which was created by an unknown person using the name Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009.
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by IduNaOba: 2:42am On Jun 16, 2020
Chineke nna biko nyetum nanị 100b usd ka m goro enough ala were ruo amaigbo dịka nwanne m aokn si rụọ nke ya.
Mbọ a nile m na-agba, papa nke igwe biko ekwela ka ihere mee your boy ịghọta go?
Meanwhile this is exactly what we have been working on since 2017
I know say e go sure before 10 years time Sha.
Ndidi ka eji eso ụwa

2 Likes

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 2:42am On Jun 16, 2020
It’s Akon city. It’s all renewable, the Akon-tainment solar city. It’s all renewable. A real physical place, it’s going to have a real airport. It’s a 10-year building block so we’re doing it in stages,’ the singer tells Cannon in the interview.

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 2:44am On Jun 16, 2020
IduNaOba:
Chineke nna biko nyetum nanị 100b usd ka m goro enough ala were ruo amaigbo dịka nwanne m aokn si rụọ nke ya.
Mbọ a nile m na-agba, papa nke igwe biko ekwela ka ihere mee your boy ịghọta go?
Meanwhile this is exactly what we have been working on since 2017
I know say e go sure before 10 years time Sha.
Ndidi ka eji eso ụwa
nwannem nothing is impossible if you believe and put more hard work we will get there

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Lost Addict

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 6:40am On Jun 16, 2020
LostAddict:
Lost Addict
what are you addicted to bro
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by illicit(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Nice one Akanni

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by Iceyjayz: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2020
Akon the legend, nice one!

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by jayaim: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2020
Akon big ups. I keep saying it, is just man inhumanity to man if not why will God bless u with billions & u will still be sleeping with ur 2 eyes closed & don't care for the poor

1 Like

Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
jayaim:
Akon big ups. I keep saying it, is just man inhumanity to man if not why will God bless u with billions & u will still be sleeping with ur 2 eyes closed & don't care for the poor
wish our leaders that sle3ps with money even up till their toilet pit will learn from that, its just our population is helping us because all this small countries all doing great things
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Akon the legend, nice one!
yea making name for him self
Re: Inside Akon City That Will Be Trading With Cyrpto Currency may be Wankanda Repub by chibuike65: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
illicit:
Nice one Akanni
yea indeed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pos Business Still Dey Pay? / Trying To Get A Loan From Opay / Get A Ecommerce, Websites & Mobile Apps For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.