Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,838 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:52 AM

Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops (34019 Views)

Covid-19: What President Buhari Has Done, And Is Doing, By Presidency / 1,500 Landed Properties In Dubai Owned By Nigerians Discovered By Presidency / DSS Speaks On Plot By Presidency To Sack DSS DG, Yusuf Bichi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by surgical: 9:43am On Jun 16, 2020
emkz:

I expected you to mention Kenneth Imasuagbon. Forgive me if I am wrong as I am not from Edo State.

That said, there is the power of media propaganda which has not been sufficiently deployed by the PDP even at the national level or even the state level. The APC used this (with Lai Mohammed was talking almost everyday) against the PDP in the buildup to the 2015 elections. PDP had no response as they had no skillful propagandist to counter the APC. Now, I expect the PDP to deploy heavy media machinery through local TV stations (ITV, NTA and EBS), Observer, markets, town hall meetings, bill boards and even drape their campaign materials on God is Good buses, Libra Motors, Efex, Comrade Buses and other transport companies. Now is the time to also start mobilizing campaign materials to the grassroots and empower key people that would swing the elections. Edo South brings more than 64.3% of the votes. So the PDP needs to secure Edo Central and Edo North and significantly split the votes in Edo South.

Does PDP have the financial muscle to do this? This is where Obaseki comes in.
you are very correct PDP at all levels lack the skills for propaganda and effective use of the media , that is an area the APC excel and it is yielding positive results for them every where,even on this forum you can see the way they have massively deployed their propaganda,to the point of misleading the public,e.g that the minimum requirements for governorship is no longer school certificate
They also deployed mind games telling obaseki it's safer for him in APC than porting to PDP just like they did to sheu sanni,we all know what happened to sheu sanni there after
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Tareq1105: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2020
mannobi:
Gov obaseki shot himself in the head. He drew the first sword by refusing to swear in 14 democratically elected law makers out of 24. Because of his desperation, he also refused the reconciliatory moves led by Gov ganduje as well as that of the National assembly intervention but now wants sympathy from people.
All these pdp crying on his behalf are only waiting for him to contest so that they can benefit from his removal by the court. A lazy party that is calculating on an error to be committed by the opposition so they can steal the seat again just like Bayelsa.
Obaseki is gone and gone for good. Next time, you don't try to wreck your party because of personal desperation

Let PDP take the bad market. I can assure you that within the next 6 months they will start regretting their actions.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Dansuqi: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2020
emkz:

I expected you to mention Kenneth Imasuagbon. Forgive me if I am wrong as I am not from Edo State.

That said, there is the power of media propaganda which has not been sufficiently deployed by the PDP even at the national level or even the state level. The APC used this (with Lai Mohammed was talking almost everyday) against the PDP in the buildup to the 2015 elections. PDP had no response as they had no skillful propagandist to counter the APC. Now, I expect the PDP to deploy heavy media machinery through local TV stations (ITV, NTA and EBS), Observer, markets, town hall meetings, bill boards and even drape their campaign materials on God is Good buses, Libra Motors, Efex, Comrade Buses and other transport companies. Now is the time to also start mobilizing campaign materials to the grassroots and empower key people that would swing the elections. Edo South brings more than 64.3% of the votes. So the PDP needs to secure Edo Central and Edo North and significantly split the votes in Edo South.

Does PDP have the financial muscle to do this? This is where Obaseki comes in.

Kenneth is a serial contestant and has never won any election.hon ihama is an elected official.none of them can match apc.
Edo north is controlled by oshiomhole, pdp have no chance there.Edo south is 50 50.Edo central is marginally pdp
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by dinachi(m): 10:11am On Jun 16, 2020
helinues:
grin

Obaseki won't be on the ballot to start with.

No more SSCE as qualifications for governor's position
Since when?
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by emkz: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Kenneth is a serial contestant and has never won any election.hon ihama is an elected official.none of them can match apc.
Edo north is controlled by oshiomhole, pdp have no chance there.Edo south is 50 50.Edo central is marginally pdp

Buhari was a serial contestant until he realized the value of alliances. Remind me again, is Dan Orbih not from Edo North? if Philip Shaibu is sensible, can't he neutralize Oshiomole there? Don't they have foot-soldiers? This is the time to align and re-align. If Edo South is 50.50, then the battle would be tight as usual and the winner would not emerge by a landslide. Obaseki is somewhat gentle and naive, and lacks the ruggedity of Oshiomole. This is why he shouldn't contest as it would be easy to rig him out. He needs to support a strong candidate in PDP.

Now is the time to promote that candidate. And heavily too.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Dansuqi: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2020
emkz:

Buhari was a serial contestant until he realized the value of alliances. Remind me again, is Dan Orbih not from Edo North? if Philip Shaibu is sensible, can't he neutralize Oshiomole there? Don't they have foot-soldiers? This is the time to align and re-align. If Edo South is 50.50, then the battle would be tight as usual and the winner would not emerge by a landslide. Obaseki is somewhat gentle and naive, and lacks the ruggedity of Oshiomole. This is why he shouldn't contest as it would be easy to rig him out. He needs to support a strong candidate in PDP.

Now is the time to promote that candidate. And heavily too.

Dan orbih is from the central same as Kenneth.the pdp ticket favours hon ihama.Kenneth has always aspired for primaries in apc or pdp but has never won the guber ticket.he is always there to complete numbers.buhari has always won his party ticket and won the north at least.none of those pdp candidate is rugged or has statewide structure.

If Phillip would not be contesting as deputy,he will not follow obaseki and Edo north will be open.Edo south is not really 50 50.since 2007,they vote marginally for any anti pdp party except during presidential polls
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by cryptotech: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2020
The presidency that can not even help itself
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:48am On Jun 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
PDP should adopt Obaseki. To me he is more popular than all their 3 aspirants combined. You cant be more popular than a sitting governor (good or bad)..most times negative criticism is also good publicity

Politics is all about taking risk, PDP should take the risk and give obaseki the ticket. He has more financial leg and spending power than their 3 aspirants combined, he will only do 4 years in office, that ize ize iyamu of a fool might want to do 8 years which means edo south may hold power for 12 years.. I am sure people from edo central and north should calculate and allow obaseki complete his tenure so power return to their constituency.

Absolutely, the only popular candidate in PDP is the Rice Man, from Edo central. He(Obaseki)should be able to reach a compromise with them and the party.

1 Like

Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by greggng: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2020
billionman:
Obaseki should do the needful and cross to the PDP. He will give APC sleepless nights if he crosses. Edo state is a PDP state.

You believe that rotten tomato can defeat the team of icy iyamu and oshobaba ....that's a tall dream.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Realresk(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2020
Zico5:
Is there anything like presidency currently? The language is even colloquial since nothing good is happening there. Tunde Yusuf is the current defacto president after Abba Kyari death. Obaseki is a goner as long as presidency is concerned. Gone are the days when presidency has fear, integrity and courage. It has gone with OBJ and what we are seeing today is remnant of what is left in the system.

grin grin grin
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by festusforchrist: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2020
Are You interested in a plot of Land in an already developed area and all adjourning road fully tiled in Benin City? The Opportunity is Here! A 70feet by 100feet Plot of Land is available!
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Jonsena846: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2020
Here the main topic that is under discussion is something about Manage simple & easy Cash App Refund following smart steps. I wonder that you needed https://essay-reviewer.com/the-essays-com-review/ for us. You can learn about it if you need to but for me it is a bit hard to get the true nature of it like that.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Jonsena846: 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Someone here asked something about Hey does any one know a trustworthy app/ website to buy buy real crystals/ stones. We wanted grab my essay reviews as it was good. So if anyone right here has any knowledge about the main topic then kindly explain it a bit to us as well.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Jonsena846: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
I guess it is something related to some sports or related topic as i have seen it but don't have any idea what it is all about. It can be of a great importance if you tell us more about advancedwriters reviews because we are in search of it for a long time now.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
mannobi:
Gov obaseki shot himself in the head. He drew the first sword by refusing to swear in 14 democratically elected law makers out of 24. Because of his desperation, he also refused the reconciliatory moves led by Gov ganduje as well as that of the National assembly intervention but now wants sympathy from people.
All these pdp crying on his behalf are only waiting for him to contest so that they can benefit from his removal by the court. A lazy party that is calculating on an error to be committed by the opposition so they can steal the seat again just like Bayelsa.
Obaseki is gone and gone for good. Next time, you don't try to wreck your party because of personal desperation
My take on this obaseki's issue is simple
If PDP as led by all these people ranting upandan - wike, Umahi, Atiku, Clark and the rest of them - love Obaseki soooooooo much they should simply give him thier party ticket to context the election on thier platform.

Stupppid people
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by frog12: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
so you dey say obaseki no work at all besides EDObest photo party?

So benin still dey flood like river niger every time it rain?

spirul77:
you have successfully been deceived, obaseki is the worse governor ever in EDO state after lucky igbinedion, I'm writing from Benin now, obaseki has no project as a governor, all he does is busy signing MOU and paying social media influncers to be calling him names, yahaya bello of Kogi state did far better than obaseki, what pics exactly have you been seeing?
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by spirul77: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
frog12:
so you dey say obaseki no work at all besides EDObest photo party?

So benin still dey flood like river niger every time it rain?

a honest edolite will tell you the truth, obaseki performed abysmally, Benin still floods, dude abandoned the benin water storm project that was Initiated to curb the incessant flooding.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by frog12: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
so wetin he dey do day to day? he just come to work and give orders? or he dey jet around the world?
so he no get replacement for edo storm project? who initiated the edo storm project? oshiomhole?

anytime you call any of these governors office, dey go tell you governor don travel. i no know for these politicians!

spirul77:
a honest edolite will tell you the truth, obaseki performed abysmally, Benin still floods, dude abandoned the benin water storm project that was Initiated to curb the incessant flooding.
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by spirul77: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lol, Benin water storm project was initiated by oshiomhole, it is a 30 billion naira project and was the biggest state govt during his time, but obaseki refused continuing the project without other options or solution, truth be say all politicians for naija na same but some dey try pass some, obaseki no try at all in terms of service delivery compare to the eye wey I take dey look am as a technocrats before
frog12:
so wetin he dey do day to day? he just come to work and give orders? or he dey jet around the world?
so he no get replacement for edo storm project? who initiated the edo storm project? oshiomhole?

anytime you call any of these governors office, dey go tell you governor don travel. i no know for these politicians!

Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by frog12: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
then we've all been misled. i look at him as a technocrat that can deliver but i'm still confused on his performance. i don know what he has achieved so far. or even if he has any sustainable project in the works. maybe he is lucky igbinedion reborn.

i'm even surprised a man of his calibre as governor can not have good advisers. he can not even have friends in APC nwc to advise him on the right documents to present. he has himself to blame. he just belittled the governor's office.

time for obaseki's supporters to speak up!

spirul77:
Lol, Benin water storm project was initiated by oshiomhole, it is a 30 billion naira project and was the biggest state govt during his time, but obaseki refused continuing the project without other options or solution, truth be say all politicians for naija na same but some dey try pass some, obaseki no try at all in terms of service delivery compare to the eye wey I take dey look am as a technocrats before
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by ernieboy(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Noted!!.. This obaseki news is getting tiring... No other news?
were u forced to celebrate in and comment?
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by adekolaelect(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
The type of sympathy these PDP's people have for obaseki means a lot . It is a good step for APC by removing him (Obaseki)from their primary election bcs PDP and its supporters can only support what can be the downfall of APC party. Obasekis disloyalty to his then APC party is a pleasure on the side of PDP .we hope they will support obaseki to fight godfathers in PDP too if he wins Governorship election in Edo?

Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by MayenKudi: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hmm men can go to any length just to grasp power
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by Swtbabyvee(f): 9:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
surgical:
you are very correct PDP at all levels lack the skills for propaganda and effective use of the media , that is an area the APC excel and it is yielding positive results for them every where,even on this forum you can see the way they have massively deployed their propaganda,to the point of misleading the public e.g that the minimum requirements for governorship is no longer certificate
They also deployed mind games telling obaseki it's safer for him in APC than porting to PDP just like they did to sheu sanni,we all know what happened to sheu sanni there after
@bolded you are right . Convincing the pubic their actions were justified , even tho it isn’t at all .
Re: Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops by PHOTSEE(m): 3:44am On Jun 17, 2020
The best place for him to take refuge and safe landing should be in PDP,even if he losses their primaries.
He still remains a game changer cause, if remains in APC he risk been impeached and also been sued to court by PDP for his deficiency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohammed Yunusa Dismissed By NJC Over Injunction Stopping EFCC From Probing Odua / Sename Sosu And James Ibori At Tosin Saraki's Wedding / Buhari Meets David Cameron In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.