Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,320 members, 7,887,987 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice (418 Views)

Imo Women Defy Downpour, Rally For Tinubu, say Tinubu is their Choice / Buhari Tells Imolites To Vote Any Candidate Of Their Choice At The State Level / Videos Of Bola Tinubu Telling APC Members To Vote Their Choice In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by nobaga: 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nigerians have never voted for a Yoruba Presidential choice of their own. Jonathan was chosen and crowned as Acting and substantive President by Yoruba, not one of them.

But from Awo to Falaye, even Abiola that won popular votes never made it.

The forces that made that impossible must think hard.
Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Whiteangel1234: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Before Yoruba settle for the President of their choice dont you think Igbo deserve one shot at the presidency even if its not a person of their choice ? Since 1967- date they have none ?

No region can have a president of their choice entirely you need somebody other Nigerians will vote for nah

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by flyingpig: 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
nobaga:
Nigerians have never voted for a Yoruba Presidential choice of their own. Jonathan was chosen and crowned as Acting and substantive President by Yoruba, not one of them.

But from Awo to Falaye, even Abiola that won popular votes never made it.

The forces that made that impossible must think hard.

As far as South is concerned, the North will never vote an ethnic champion from the South into power, because that would amount to re-channelling the nation's resources and structure to the President's zone. They are instead, very comfortable to let southerners who are nationalists or can serve their interests to rule.

Awo and Falae are Yoruba champions. I guess you see why the North never let them won.

Obasanjo is not and he was allowed to rule.

Now here's the catch, when ever they allow the Igbo to rule, they'll handpick an Igbo who is not after igbo interests or upliftments, much like Onyeama, the Abba kyari's friend, or even orji uzor kalu who allowed his state to rot under his stewardship.

That's how much they want the rest of the country to depend on the structure they have set up for themselves to govern the country.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
Op face your own problem and leave Yoruba out of your frustrations. I don't know why you guys are so obsessed with Yoruba. Is it Inferiority Complex?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by googi: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
I agree with you. The South will always be used against itself. Some people call it compromise others see it as the political sophistication of the North.

Indeed, you may see it as democracy. As you rightly pointed out, we have to ask ourselves if we want our ethic champion to rule or a candidate that takes the interest of the whole Nigeria.

Where we fail is that ethnic champion has always rule from the North with the tactical support of divided South.

My fear is that it has crippled Nigeria and actually wrecked the North because of the religious culture to suppress Hausa and promote Fulani dominance.

Until we accept that Yoruba must be incentived in the East by tolerance and accommodation as practised in the West in the past for Azikiwe (he wanted more),
we will continue to go in a vicious circle.

Seriously, I do not see this Yoruba generation of giving an inch until they get reciprocal substance from Igbo. They think their parents were stupid.

flyingpig:

As far as South is concerned, the North will never vote an ethnic champion from the South into power, because that would amount to re-channelling the nation's resources and structure to the President's zone. They are instead, very comfortable to let southerners who are nationalists or can serve their interests to rule.

Awo and Falae are Yoruba champions. I guess you see why the North never let them won.

Obasanjo is not and he was allowed to rule.

Now here's the catch, when ever they allow the Igbo to rule, they'll handpick an Igbo who is not after igbo interests or upliftments, much like Onyeama, the Abba kyari's friend, or even orji uzor kalu who allowed his state to rot under his stewardship.

That's how much they want the rest of the country to depend on the structure they have set up for themselves to govern the country.
Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by NoIgboSoundTueh: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
Before Yoruba settle for the President of their choice dont you think Igbo deserve one shot at the presidency even if its not a person of their choice ? Since 1967- date they have none ?

No region can have a president of their choice entirely you need somebody other Nigerians will vote for nah
No,
The next president is coming from either Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani.
Or at worst south south i wont write Amaechi off.
Igbo killed their Presidency the day they killed Sardauna and Balewa.
I wont be surprised if Igbo does not produce a president in the next couple of decade
Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
The Yoruba race is more united now than its ever been in the past. Our eyes have opened, 2023 is going to be a different. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

No,
I wont be surprised if Igbo does not produce a president in the next couple of decade

It’s either Yoruba or someone from south south who’s not a drunkard.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Somodooo: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
[s]
NoIgboSoundTueh:

No,
[/s]
Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by Fantasticcc: 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
NoIgboSoundTueh:

No,
lol,Igbo's want Biafra. you all can rule to 2090.nothing to show for it after all.just stop been a parasite and allow us to go.let all become independent and see who will die off,unless you people need a host to survive..president my foot,while his people are been killed everyday..

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by cosef: 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
googi:
I agree with you. The South will always be used against itself. Some people call it compromise others see it as the political sophistication of the North.

Indeed, you may see it as democracy. As you rightly pointed out, we have to ask ourselves if we want our ethic champion to rule or a candidate that takes the interest of the whole Nigeria.

Where we fail is that ethnic champion has always rule from the North with the tactical support of divided South.

My fear is that it has crippled Nigeria and actually wrecked the North because of the religious culture to suppress Hausa and promote Fulani dominance.

Until we accept that Yoruba must be incentived in the East by tolerance and accommodation as practised in the West in the past for Azikiwe (he wanted more),
we will continue to go in a vicious circle.

Seriously, I do not see this Yoruba generation of giving an inch until they get reciprocal substance from Igbo. They think their parents were stupid.

The yorubas should be incentivized by the East? How? By voting yorubas as president? Why?

Is the East owing you? They voted a yoruba man twice. How many times have you yorubas voted an Igbo man?

Since 1970s, the yorubas have consciously and subconsciously campaigned against Igbo presidency in their newspapers. Any Igbo man that raises his head to contest you label him "Biafra candidate" just to stiffle his chances and brighten yours.

Who propagated the "A vote for Ibo is a vote for Biafra" in 1999?, Who are those who journalists in yoruba newspapers who have always written about the unfeasibility of Igbo presidency so that they can bright yoruba chances? Or you think we suffer collective amnesia like your people? The Axe forgets but the tree remembers.

Our own fathers were either too tolerant or were too busy to care while trying to regain and rebuild Igbo economy after the war against British interests. This generation of Igbo are very much enlightened, politically aware and above all hardened. If you pretend to be a god in politics, we will show you the "tree where you were carved from".

The agreement says "zoning" which means 'turn by turn". 2023 is not your turn. You've had yours.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Have Never Had A President Of Their Choice by BlowYourMind: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
That is we want 2023 presidency

(1) (Reply)

EDO 2020: Why Obaseki Wants Second Term ― Shaibu / Re:Anambra Fathers Raped Their Daughters More During Lockdown"(stating THE FACT) / C'River To Record Positive Case Of Coronavirus Soon - Edu, Health Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.