Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,474 members, 7,917,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:18 AM

My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses (1102 Views)

About To Lose A Good Girl. Please Help! / Common sense vs conscience: She Is A Good Girl But From A Poor Background / I want to fvuck this girl but I don't know how much she'll request. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Danielfx(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2020
After i broke up with my ex girlfriend, i finally met a lady that was loving and beautiful.

Sometimes i feel like she is there for the dough mostly. She is good, not even the type i suspect for cheating, she wouldn't do that. She's fragile and concerned about my obsession with my ex girlfriend and until recently, she was always complaining to my friend that "she isn't feeling secured because i always mention the name of my ex."

The thing is, she is a student in Uniben, my ex girlfriend can't even use a simple sentence and she is a secondary school dropout. This new girl is into thesame course as I, but in different university. She's the first daughter in the family and she lost her mum many years ago...

Now, her dad isn't doing so well and she sees it as her responsibility to make the family happy. She asks me for basically everything including food. Her excesses are too much for a student like me even though i have little money. I pay for her hair to taking her to ShopRite every week plus hotel bills. So today, she told my friend about her financial issues and my friend asked me to give her something which i did. I even promised to buy her phone tomorrow because her phone was stolen.

The girl is a good girl, even my friend is asking me to stay with her than stay with my apologetic ex girlfriend but i can't bear the burden of an entire family and i don't think it's my destiny to start that journey with her. I am confused, her excesses is my only fear....

As a student, a young guy and a guy without support from anybody except prudence and God, would you advise me to go on with this relationship ?

Should i stop now or what do you have in mind. I need your advise.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by QuinModah(f): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2020
It sounds to me, from the small amount of information you have provided, like there are two things going on here. First, your gf doesn't understand much about how money works to begin with. Therefore, she is inevitably going to misunderstand a great deal about the reasons for your inquiries. She is operating from ignorance. It's like watching a game of football without knowing the rules. Nothing makes sense. It's difficult enough even after you do know the rules.

The solution?
Take the time to teach her about how money works, or send her to a class about it (which might be more successful than you trying). This will take away some of her psychological dependence on you, which you enjoy so much, but in the long run, be much better for you both. It's rather like a company that educates its workers about how the business runs. When it comes time to negotiate, it all works more easily, because the employees understand the big picture, and not just their little piece.

The second problem is likely her feelings of guilt and inadequacy for accepting your money. No one really likes charity. They feel like they should be able to fend for themselves, not live off of someone else. And all of the love in the world, and any protestations about how you like caring for her, will not be likely to change her feelings about this. She probably feels like a kept woman. Because she is.

The solution?
Encourage her to work - at least part-time, so she can earn some money of her own. This would be best and enable her to increase her self-respect and remove any residual resentment (however unearned) she feels toward you. If for some reason I cannot imagine, this is not feasible, she could at least do charity work of some kind that would give her feelings of worth and accomplishment. But the component of earning money would be - as you know - very valuable, since it directly connects to esteem from self and others.

If you are are unwilling to take these steps with her, then I might think that your relationship is very much a function of an extremely unhealthy dependence on you and that it is inevitable that it fails - and that what you are seeing now is simply the signs of that beginning to happen.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Vyzz: 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Call it a quit
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Ningen(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2020
Abort mission.
Don't be a maga.

She'll ruin you and run you dry.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by luminouz(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mtchewwww..burden bearer....
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Millennialaku(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2020
undecided undecidedmtcheww. this one dey find idiots wey go ask am how e take dey make money ................use your imagination to complete the rest

awon forex trader undecided

i don't have any replies for you if you eventually decide to quote me wink wink

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Danielfx(m): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2020
Millennialaku:
undecided undecidedmtcheww. this one dey find idiots wey go ask am how e take dey make money ................use your imagination to complete the rest

awon forex trader undecided

i don't have any replies for you if you eventually decide to quote me wink wink

It seems you're ruined psychologically that you could not discern common relationship issues. Do you see anywhere there where i asked you to talk about my financial sufficiency. Please respect your young age, awon over sabi
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2020
Use your tongue to count your teeth
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by paulolee(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
ar u sure she is not playing u??
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Danielfx(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
paulolee:
ar u sure she is not playing u??
to be honest, i don't know but everything about her family is true
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Macqueeny(f): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2020
Wat some guys dont know is when u strt showing a girl u have money just at d beginning of d relationship dt how she will continue asking, so it better u let her know ur financial situation, d one u can give, give, don't take someone responsibility on ur head wen u ain't married if not, you will continue doing it in marriage and she will become lazy and dependent on u, then when you don't have boom she strt nagging... So u better let her know u r not financially okay to take all her responsibility
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2020
Well, son, there are certain set of grounds and priorities directing the moves of every individual in each aspect of life, relationship inclusive.
Some relationships are like Ludo, some are like Chess, some are like Backgammon, some are like Chinese Checkers while others are like Sport betting game, although it's a fun game but you're in it because of the Cash-out not because of the Sport. Once the Cash-out stops coming, the relationship ticket cuts.

She's a good girl and would never cheat because she's not a hoe or a player. It also seems the sweet love is there in your relationship at the moment which is a big necessity in most relationships, except that she has a bigger personal priority which might dictate the lifespan of any relationship with her.

Since the parental financial support is almost nonexistent, that means her partner would assume that position of her parent. A role you've been playing well, and fortunately you said you have some good cash in your pocket, but you're already entertaining fear of how long you can cope if the demands continue.

Just consider your relationship as an Auction, which would eventually go to the highest bidder. As long as you keep make yourself the highest bidder, you can always keep the relationship alive. You've been the good Samaritan supporting her, let's hope a better Samaritan doesn't come into the scene, but if that happens, learn to forgive her because it's not her fault, she's a good girl, it's because of the needs and necessity.
While you continue supporting her, hoping to see how far the relationship goes, you should also employ this popular slogan which says "always invest what you can afford to lose", so as to avoid story that touches later, just in case .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
girls with big financial burden are always good girls as long as you can help them

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by Goldenrod1: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
I can bet you, the girl no go still marry you

Avoid this kind of billing!
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Good Girl But She Has Financial Excesses by DenreleDave(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
QuinModah:
It sounds to me, from the small amount of information you have provided, like there are two things going on here. First, your gf doesn't understand much about how money works to begin with. Therefore, she is inevitably going to misunderstand a great deal about the reasons for your inquiries. She is operating from ignorance. It's like watching a game of football without knowing the rules. Nothing makes sense. It's difficult enough even after you do know the rules.

The solution?
Take the time to teach her about how money works, or send her to a class about it (which might be more successful than you trying). This will take away some of her psychological dependence on you, which you enjoy so much, but in the long run, be much better for you both. It's rather like a company that educates its workers about how the business runs. When it comes time to negotiate, it all works more easily, because the employees understand the big picture, and not just their little piece.

The second problem is likely her feelings of guilt and inadequacy for accepting your money. No one really likes charity. They feel like they should be able to fend for themselves, not live off of someone else. And all of the love in the world, and any protestations about how you like caring for her, will not be likely to change her feelings about this. She probably feels like a kept woman. Because she is.

The solution?
Encourage her to work - at least part-time, so she can earn some money of her own. This would be best and enable her to increase her self-respect and remove any residual resentment (however unearned) she feels toward you. If for some reason I cannot imagine, this is not feasible, she could at least do charity work of some kind that would give her feelings of worth and accomplishment. But the component of earning money would be - as you know - very valuable, since it directly connects to esteem from self and others.

If you are are unwilling to take these steps with her, then I might think that your relationship is very much a function of an extremely unhealthy dependence on you and that it is inevitable that it fails - and that what you are seeing now is simply the signs of that beginning to happen.

U cannot summarize abi..

See epistle.. Even the OP own no long reach this.. God forbid I read all this on top girl matter

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Viral Video: Two Prostitutes Goes Naked During A Fight-video / Wife Caught Me Fucking Housemaid, See What She Did / Dats It I Am No Longer Interested In Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.