Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,002 members, 7,939,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is Happening To My Decking? - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Happening To My Decking? (57023 Views)

See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In. / Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? / Estimated Cost Of Decking My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
micxwell:

Hmm bro. I got your mention. The guy got recommendations on how to build from nairalanders cheesy.
Don't get it twisted nor get yourself worked up.
In as much as it may sound silly but their are credible engineers on here.
A concrete mixture ratio is only a click away on the internet from credible engineering pages.
Of the 3 ratio I posted, is anyone against engineering standards?

... So why then are you trying to be smart talkee?
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 11:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
jmichael259:
Are you waiting for it to collapse before you remove water tanks from the deck?
What are you coming on nairaland to look for? The deed has been done. Is it ordinary tank stand that you can't afford to build?
Remove those tanks and cover that particular deck with proper roofing.

You have not seen tank or tanks on a decked platform before... Or are you the PRO for the welders association of Nigeria??
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
micxwell:

Respect bro. You see why we have so many quacks. People giving professional solutions online cool. How will Professional Engineers get jobs. I like how you ended it with all the possible consequences. I ain't giving any solution but my advice for him is to patronise Professional Engineers. End of Story!
So apt sir. But you just spilled a solution that ought to be paid for undecided .
Nigerians will never learn...[/quote]
Hungry engineer grin
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
micxwell:
So apt sir. But you just spilled a solution that ought to be paid for undecided .
Nigerians will never learn...

And you think if I don't hear it from you, there is nowhere else to hear it?
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
yungmin:
Why would you use solid blocks for such? You don't know the holes in a hollow blocks serve a purpose? The best you can do now is to install air extractors or provide some insulation for the building interior

Lol...
So you have never seen a storey building built with solid blocks?
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by ubcandid(m): 12:10am On Jun 20, 2020
tonididdy:

You are joking right?
no he's not.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tiana29(f): 4:36am On Jun 20, 2020
Please remove the tank on the rooftop, it might be due to the stagnant water from the tank that is affecting the decking. make sure the rooftop is dried then observe the decking for a few days if it still get moist
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by tonididdy(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2020
ubcandid:
no he's not.
When you build your house, use only cement ok.
GL on that
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by iamademola(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2020
tonididdy:

Will surely be done.
Do you advice I mix water sealants with the cement mixture?

Use a waterproof admixture, And dose it appropriately as stated in the technical data sheet
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by Mayng01(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2020
I giggled at your response, & could decipher it’s useless dragging with you. You can take it up from there. Have a nice day.

sirlop:

In such projects, you make use of panels for bracing. This guy obviously used a Carpentar to prepare his form work. Making use of a vibrator may scatter the form work. It’s best advised to make the concrete workable.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by yungmin: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2020
tonididdy:

Lol...
So you have never seen a storey building built with solid blocks?

Yours is different in the sense that it is slabbed. Which means the space is virtually airtight when the windows are closed. The space in the hollow blocks is what creates a vacuum that controls the outside and inside temperatures. I have no doubt the blocks used is the problem. You should find a way around it
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by jikins(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
danchuzzy:

Oh well. I'm glad you see we agreed on something. .

Again, why I countered you is because you said just looking at the pictures, the water tank is not supposed to be there. And you asked me to go through the thread to get my reason for why and how you came to the conclusion. Again, those reasons are hearsay and there is no substantial evidence to support it. If you can show me research or evidence supporting your claim, then fine.

And citing Bill Gates doesn't hold water because he has spent a lot of time on research and collaborated including sponsored research on infectious disease.

Maybe if you say, based on research, that this isn't true, then I'd budge. FYI, there is a reason why concrete is specified for water retaining structures.

From my experience, People could be shady, it's better to do steel than concrete tanks stands et because of things like this... Okay no problem.

That water tank should not be there, merely looking at the picture. That's totally different.

Get my point, it's not enough to condemn something because you look at it and a lot of other people, I still posit, who don't have an experience on the subject matter, condemn the concept.

And for the record, I didn't say someone cannot give a factual opinion about something if he isn't a professional in that field. What I did say is, don't base those opinions on hearsay.

And to think I'm flaunting knowledge is also laughable. But your opinion not mine.

I hope you understand my point.
And no be fight baba.

Cheers again.

I stated why I said the tanks just shouldn't be there. Its not my fault you refuse to acknowledge it.

And like I said before your missing the point and despite my best efforts to nurge you towards it you keep missing it. Am thinking its deliberate now. Its like you just just see what you want to see. When I mentioned bill gates both times, they were in what context?

It funny how you quickly deduced my mentioning Bill Gates holds no water, then in the exact next sentence you all but agreed to the point I made when mentioning Bill Gates. Like seriously?

We keep going round in circles really, I have clearly used these words "experience and research" multiple times in all my discuss with you. Yet you have never acknowledged it once. But instead you reply and throw the same words I have said before right back at me. Am like does this guy read what I am typing at all?

The talks about facts and other stuffs were not even meant for you or for this slab stuff. They were meant for the person I initially quoted. But you had to bring it up. But even when you did, you completely ignore the context on which they were said and just make it up as you go along. I really don't want to repeat myself, because I feel that's all I will be doing talking to you.

You clearly said we shouldn't take what unprofessionals say as true. I only showed you unprofessionals can actually make sound arguments based on(here are these words again I have been saying since my 1st message on the thread) experience and research. This is where I brought in Bill Gates to prove my point. Explain to me again why it doesn't hold water please...

Lastly, please pay attention to context on which statements are made. When I said you were flaunting knowledge, it was in what context? Wasn't it on the context you were dismissing people's arguments because of it? It shouldn't be laughable, but should get you thinking if this might be true or better yet ask me what makes me think so. But since you have dismissed it also(not surprised). Lets leave it there.

Truth is we are saying the same thing, albeit in different ways. But the fact that you fail to see this and dismissed my points. Only to come back and validate them just surprises me. I said what I said contextually, I even stated the context in the last paragraph of my previous post sad you keep missing it. I do hope you finally get it.

Cheers.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by danchuzzy(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
jikins:

I stated why I said the tanks just shouldn't be there. Its not my fault you refuse to acknowledge it.

And like I said before your missing the point and despite my best efforts to nurge you towards it you keep missing it. Am thinking its deliberate now. Its like you just just see what you want to see. When I mentioned bill gates both times, they were in what context?

It funny how you quickly deduced my mentioning Bill Gates holds no water, then in the exact next sentence you all but agreed to the point I made when mentioning Bill Gates. Like seriously?

We keep going round in circles really, I have clearly used these words "experience and research" multiple times in all my discuss with you. Yet you have never acknowledged it once. But instead you reply and throw the same words I have said before right back at me. Am like does this guy read what I am typing at all?

The talks about facts and other stuffs were not even meant for you or for this slab stuff. They were meant for the person I initially quoted. But you had to bring it up. But even when you did, you completely ignore the context on which they were said and just make it up as you go along. I really don't want to repeat myself, because I feel that's all I will be doing talking to you.

You clearly said we shouldn't take what unprofessionals say as true. I only showed you unprofessionals can actually make sound arguments based on(here are these words again I have been saying since my 1st message on the thread) experience and research. This is where I brought in Bill Gates to prove my point. Explain to me again why it doesn't hold water please...

Lastly, please pay attention to context on which statements are made. When I said you were flaunting knowledge, it was in what context? Wasn't it on the context you were dismissing people's arguments because of it? It shouldn't be laughable, but should get you thinking if this might be true or better yet ask me what makes me think so. But since you have dismissed it also(not surprised). Lets leave it there.

Truth is we are saying the same thing, albeit in different ways. But the fact that you fail to see this and dismissed my points. Only to come back and validate them just surprises me. I said what I said contextually, I even stated the context in the last paragraph of my previous post sad you keep missing it. I do hope you finally get it.

Cheers.

Lol. Okay.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by UnusualJhay(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
tonididdy:

The house Isnt about to cave in, cave man.
You should be in the food section.
Adieos

fool
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by jmichael259(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
tonididdy:

You have not seen tank or tanks on a decked platform before... Or are you the PRO for the welders association of Nigeria??

If you read my comment carefully you'll realize I'm referring to the post own ordeal and not to all tanks on deck.
Mind you as long as Nigeria is concerned welders tank stand is better than tank on deck. Cos improper mixtures, inexperienced personnel and fake materials are a constant in the building sector.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by suco01(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by Dysaen(f): 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2021
I assume that the problem is because of an invisible leak, but of course, I may be wrong. Most probably the problem is caused by the decking. Maybe you didn't know but there are different decking, and you must also know that the dicking requires care and maintenance in order to keep it in the best shape. I also have a composite multi-level masterpiece made from decking, but before deciding what decking to buy, I checked an online store Delta Decking, and after getting all the necessary information I decided to build the multi-level masterpiece.
Re: What Is Happening To My Decking? by Veriton(m): 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
Dysaen:
I assume that the problem is because of an invisible leak, but of course, I may be wrong. Most probably the problem is caused by the decking. Maybe you didn't know but there are different decking, and you must also know that the dicking requires care and maintenance in order to keep it in the best shape. I also have a composite multi-level masterpiece made from decking, but before deciding what decking to buy, I checked an online store Delta Decking, and after getting all the necessary information I decided to build the multi-level masterpiece.
Really? There are different types of deaking boards?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Building A Bungalow In Lagos / Eko Atlantic Taking Shape - Latest Beautiful Pictures / 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.