Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,567 members, 7,965,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:51 AM

Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention (485 Views)

Ize-Iyamu And Obaseki Hug At Oba Of Benin Palace (Video) / Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Obaseki / Between Governor Masari And Pot-Bellied Permanent Secretary. See Reactions (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 18, 2020
BETWEEN GOVERNOR WIKE AND OBASEKI: There is no bone of contention

BY Pa. Ehinmen

Following the disqualification of Edo state governor, Godwin obaseki by the APC screening committee, there has been echoes that the governor may decamp to the PDP. This has indeed spark a lot of public debates that his defection to the PDP will make him stand a chance of winning a second term.

I have read public debates about how Gov. Obaseki is banking on the experience of governor nyesom wike of rivers state to defeat the APC in Edo state when he eventually becomes the flag bearer of the PDP.
Indeed it is laughable to think that some persons believe Gov. Wike can make obaseki to win in Edo state. These people believe so because Gov. Wike was able to defeat his predecessor Rotimi Amaechi in 2015 and in 2019 governorship elections.

However, in the following paragraphs, I will be highlighting reasons why obaseki cannot succeed in the wike formula.

First, we must understand that the situation in river state in 2015 is totally different from the situation Gov. Obaseki currently finds himself in Edo. Rivers state had always been a PDP state right from 1999 till date and in 2015, PDP was in power at the center and as such it was easy for wike to win the governorship election using federal might. However, in Edo, there will be no federal backing for obaseki since he will be contesting in another party.

Secondly, Gov. Wike was always a politican with a formidable structure in river state, infact he was a chief of staff under his predecessor and as such was never a push around politician. However, obaseki on the other hand is not a know politician in Edo state. Obaseki has no political structure in Edo state and does not have any political structure in the PDP either. How is he going to win?. Obaseki has no political experience and only rely on advise given to him by those who has already destroyed his political career. If those people who advised obaseki are good people, then why is he heading to Gov. Wike for advise? This means he has no structure in Edo.
Also, Gov. Obaseki political value is still the same way he was in 2016 and has in fact worsen especially with they manner he factionized and almost destroyed the APC in Edo state.

Thirdly, Gov. Wike in 2019 contested against nobody. This is because APC never had a candidate. This was where Edo was heading to before the national screening committee of the APC in their wisdom disqualified Gov. Obaseki.
If Obaseki gets the PDP or any other party's ticket, he will however be contesting against the APC and a strong opponent in the person of pastor Osagie IZE IYAMU, thus no matter the coaching given to him by wike, he won't succeed.
Fourth, Gov. Wike till date has never betrayed his party or at anytime decamped from the PDP. This made him a very respected man in river state. However, obaseki have no home and he is currently going to face opposition when he decamp to the PDP that already has 4 aspirants. How will he convince those aspirants to collapse their political structure to support him with the PDP primaries just 9 days to go?
In conclusion, I want to thank the APC national screening committee for a job well done on Gov. Obaseki and his co travellers who almost destroyed our great party in Edo. I also want to expressly warn the PDP to be cautious in allowing Gov. Obaseki into their house. This is how he innocently entered out party in 2016 and almost destroyed it.
No man can stop destiny and pastor Osagie IZE IYAMU is our next governor.

Pa. Ehinmen is a writer and strong supporter of pastor Osagie ize-Iyamu. You can reach him on brain33despi@gmail.com

Re: Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention by DaddyRochie1642: 2:17am On Jun 18, 2020
I'll Stick Pick WIKE Even In My Sleep grin grin

1 Like

Re: Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention by sweetsell: 4:45am On Jun 18, 2020
Waiting patiently 4 Igbo/Ipob disgrace for the umpteenth time. Should any fool quote n query why am bring anybody into this, pls know in advance it is Amadioha that will fire your head. I have every right 2 whatever comment I make on NL.
Re: Between Governor Wike And Obaseki: There Is No Bone Of Contention by pcappstore: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Should any fool quote n query why am bring anybody into this...
https://www.dll-downloader.com

(1) (Reply)

Deleted post / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo's Fruitful Week. / Benue Lawmaker Commissions Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.