Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,598 members, 7,888,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:09 PM

Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report (28136 Views)

Kobe Bryant's Death: Helicopter Dropped More Than 2,000 Feet A Minute, NTSB Says / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by rlauncher(m): 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
bro4u:

Abeg tell me something else, even in low visibility the pilot ought to have known when the plane is descending or ascending. How can you tell me my blind uncle won't know when he's falling from the sky?? Motion necessarily don't need sight to affirm.
Driving an aircraft is not the same as driving a car.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Kylekent59: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
gambia:
Is he a baby pilot? Suicide mission on point.

Sometimes you guys talk without reasoning. Do you know how many flight hours the pilot had ever since he started flying?

I had watched a plane crash as a result of wrong information and data given by the plane and a delay in the control tower's word.

A plane was 15,000 Ft actually, but the data seen on the screen was 5,000 Ft, the pilots thought they were at the right Ft , but the non driving pilot and the captain estimated that those data were wrong and an emergency landing was declared.

Sometimes, it could not have been the pilot's fault but the wrong data, weather condition, head wind, updrift and down drift... etc and also not suicide.

The blackbox should be obtaind and proper observations should be taken. the FDR, should be enough.

Even if the best pilot in the world were flying a plane with a recked elevator stabiliser, to land the plane would be nearly impossible ... and when it happens, na people like you go shout "suicide"

Machine fails. Some cars engine fail while in the high way, generator engine knocks, so do planes.

Make dem allow the man rest in peace and stop their useless investigation.

Pilot reported a foggy weather which resulted to the crash.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by logon599: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

Many years back.... i felt the same too.

I was part of an audacious plot to steal a stealth plane from the Russian Airforce.

I could tell a story, but Kobe's end was tragic.....

By the way, my story would have been a rip-off grin of FIREFOX, a book by Craig Thomas - I recommend!

In secondary school I rewrote an entire version of Firefox by hand for my brother who was also an action novel lover like me, and I named mine Firewolf grin My brother hadn't heard about the book and I wanted to show him I was skilled in writing action stories grin the things we've done sha
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by gambia(m): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kylekent59:

Sometimes you guys talk without reasoning. Do you know how many flight hours the pilot had ever since he started flying?

I had watched a plane crash as a result of wrong information and data given by the plane and a delay in the control tower's word.

A plane was 15,000 Ft actually, but the data seen on the screen was 5,00 Ft, the pilots thought they were at the right Ft , but the non driving pilot and the captain estimated that those data were wrong and an emergency landing was declared.

Sometimes, it could not have been the pilot's fault but the wrong data, weather condition, head wind, updrift and down drift... etc and also not suicide.

The blackbox should be obtaind and proper observations should be taken. the FDR, should be enough.

Even if the best pilot in the world were flying a plane with a recked elevator stabiliser, to land the plane would be nearly impossible ... and when it happens, na people like you go shout "suicide"

Machine fails. Some cars engine fail while in the high way, generator engine knocks, so do planes.

Thanks for educating me on that.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Abasman007: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
gambia:

You are a complete fool, I can read frustration all over you, onye nzuzu. undecided
doesn't stop you from beobe a fool, you can cover it up, but we both know that you know that in this case you have been foolish
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Abasman007: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
SarkinYarki:

This case the pilot is actually to fault , he should never have taken off in that kind of weather in a chopper not equipped with the right equipment for such blind flying
yeah bro but mother nature does not tell you what's it's planning especially on long haul flights, not he didn't crash at a home base. Somone cleared him for that flight and he must have been briefed.
Even the best get unforseen scenarios
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by kristian98(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
bro4u:

Abeg tell me something else, even in low visibility the pilot ought to have known when the plane is descending or ascending. How can you tell me my blind uncle won't know when he's falling from the sky?? Motion necessarily don't need sight to affirm.
Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by gambia(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Abasman007:
doesn't stop you from beobe a fool, you can cover it up, but we both know that you know that in this case you have been foolish

Imagine the rubbish you are typing, have you eaten today at all? Wawa kawe grin
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Uzeee: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
You re looking for quality Turkey wears, shoes, bags and accessories. Search no more. Zyps collections got exquisite designs for you. Follow the link to join my WhatsApp group. You will love what you see

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GZpejSZVkut7yxEo7vLrSG
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by prospero15(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Kylekent59:

A plane was 15,000 Ft actually, but the data seen on the screen was 5,00 Ft, the pilots thought they were at the right Ft , but the non driving pilot and the captain estimated that those data were wrong and an emergency landing was declared.

Thanks for the clarification.
sometimes people assume to know when it's obvious they don't.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by petitejolie(f): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Someone7:
Nawa o. Pilot previously disciplined because of weather violations, he wasn't licensed to fly in poor visibility, now news of him erroneously reporting he was climbing while he was descending.

How did Kobe put his and his daughter's lives in the hands of this quack?
that pilot maybe into weed smoking
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by David525: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
see below
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Stone08: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
While your mates in saner climes are painstakingly putting up series of research modules and implementation strategy to ensure such tragic event don't reoccur in the aviation industry.

Young man, life isn't entirely about all the vain things you mentioned in your comment.. Those can come as some sort of relaxation package after you have graciously excelled in your chosen career field that benefits mankind in someway.

I hope this short note of mine helps in putting your priorities in life in check.

Cheers.

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
May their soul continue to rest in peace
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die. We will always return to that dust

The only prayer we should be praying as real niggarrrz is for us to smoke enough weed, drink enough bottles, bang enough Pussy, make some dope money and buy a ride and seek for little knowledge before we die
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by stagger: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2020
Abasman007:
your instrument eating really comes to play in landing, and not in thick fog over mountains... With terrain proximity warning system confused... Mother nature is to be blamed bro.....

Are you an aviation enthusiast?, If you ate, you should know that spatial disrientation comes to play if you are a pilot and looking ousideo helps but not in this case with thick fog... Let me explain, do you know that you can walk in a plane while the pilot is undergoing a 30degree bank without knowing it?... Because you wontw fall.. or if a plane is crashing and falling out of the skies, that somonso who doesn't know what's going on can actually be walking and laughing because unlike the movie's tell us, things don't fall over?... I blame fog... It'll suprise you that fog and birds are a pilot worst nightmare and not even engine failures

Spatial orientation of human beings is a complex function of which sight is the main driver. Once physical view of the horizon is lost (as in fog), you lose orientation without knowing. Just as you rightly stated, you can even be flying upside down and not know it.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by DorianD(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
bro4u:

U,ve never used a flight I beleive
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by MozB: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
See eh! There is nothing anyone will tell me. That pilot was high on something strong. I mean even though you close your eyes while you are in a car, you are able to tell when the car turns left and right. How much more a helicopter? I no believe the gist.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by iamjavadem(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Its obvious you have never flown on anything before. Pilots get disoriented and crash aircraft, its a common thing.
bro4u:

Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by SarkinYarki: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Abasman007:
yeah bro but mother nature does not tell you what's it's planning especially on long haul flights, not he didn't crash at a home base. Somone cleared him for that flight and he must have been briefed.
Even the best get unforseen scenarios

It was supposed to be a 15 minute flight and he was advised about the bad weather
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Jakumo(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
This report is utterly baffling. When visibility drops below acceptable limits for VFR (Visual Fight Rules) flight, the pilot automatically shifts attention to the instrument panel to proceed with IFR (Instrument Fight Rules), whereby all flight parameters are derived from instruments, with NO need to look outside while visibility is low.

A quick glance at the instrument panel VSI ( Vertical Speed Indicator) would have told any competent pilot whether the craft is climbing or descending, and the rate of ascent or descent in feet per second. The ADI ( Attitude Display Indicator, or Artificial Horizon) would further define the spatial orientation of the helicopter, expressed in degrees of axial roll, nose up, or nose down, all of which can be discerned at a glance.

For a pilot to become disoriented at all, the flight instruments might have been distrusted by the pilot, or were in fact defective due to power failure or some other fault. If all instruments in the flight deck are operating normally, there is NO excuse for any competent pilot to fly into the ground while blinded by fog or cloud cover.

Moving into the realm of speculation, a sudden down-draft of high wind, could destabilize a helicopter sufficiently to distract the pilots from their instruments for just long enough to lose orientation and hit the ground.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Pacesetter123(m): 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jabioro:
One thousand seven hundred pages report..and the whole summary couldn't give the final report of what exactly happened except weird conclusion that the pilot was actually thinking he was ascending when the craft is descending...Abeg make give me water to drink..
grin grin grin
I wonder..oo
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by emanobis(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Wait ooo, so 7 passengers die and the pilot is still alive...abeg make dt pilot talk true joor...he wz paid for those deaths
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by YelloweWest: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
So basically it was the pilots fault

How sad...
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by tradetips: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Abey life goes on
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by emmaella: 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Gideoniteprime4:
to be honest...
i feel machines are more credible than most human services
i know humans make the machines
but i believe the humans filters of most of the flaws and potential errors
compared to the vigorous months and years of pilot training
an auto-pilot engine would have done a much better job in this particular situation

quote me only if you read and have comprehended my comment
Machines vs Man
Machines are better. Man takes almost a 100% precision to design machines but do not command the same precision at work.
Machines designed for a particular job does it better the man who designed it.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Oyiboman69: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
bro4u:

have you driven anything in a fog before?,... I guess no.
In that situation, you don't know if you're descending or ascending.
You won't be able to know if you're returning to where you are coming from, so don't discredit what you have no knowledge about cos you studied the tip of science in your secondary school days undecided
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by emmaella: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
Uzeee:
You re looking for quality Turkey wears, shoes, bags and accessories. Search no more. Zyps collections got exquisite designs for you. Follow the link to join my WhatsApp group. You will love what you see

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GZpejSZVkut7yxEo7vLrSG
in this corona?I want turkey foods rice beans garri yam to wear for my stomach infrastructure grin grin
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by Seventy7kings: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

I was part of an audacious plot to steal a stealth plane from the Russian Airforce.

By the way, my story would have been a rip-off grin of FIREFOX, a book by Craig Thomas - I recommend!
grin
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by LexngtonSteele: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nmezor:
shocked.May their souls rest on .Amen

Hi babe. How are preps for the weekend?
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by TheFacelessMan: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
logon599:

In secondary school I rewrote an entire version of Firefox by hand for my brother who was also an action novel lover like me, and I named mine Firewolf grin My brother hadn't heard about the book and I wanted to show him I was skilled in writing action stories grin the things we've done sha

Ah nice!

Did you read Firefox, the very small adapted version or the bigger novel?

Lemme Google the cover. I read the small one as a teen. I bought the bigger one but i haven't had the time to read it, I hope it would be worth my time. It is somewhere on my shelf.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by YaksonFCA(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
RIP
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by alfredjhay(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
cheesy
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

�� cheesy
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

��
Re: Kobe Bryant's Pilot Thought He Was Climbing While Descending - NTSB Report by victorazyvictor(m): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2020
bro4u:

Is a spell ..
Is called mirror dimension.

Watch the movie "Dr. Strange" u go understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solskjaer Hits Back At Lampard's Claims That VAR Favours Manchester United / "English Premier League Overrated" - Zlatan Ibrahimovic / VAR Ruled Out First Goal In History Of EPL As Man City Hammered West Ham 5-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.