Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) (826 Views)

Warri Wonder: Waste Disposal Vehicle Spotted In Warri Today / My Zuma Rock Tour / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by poetictwenty(m): 11:12am On Jun 18, 2020
As I embarked on my routine morning exercise today- Jogging from zuba in Abuja to suleja in Niger state. I had to make a temporary halt at the Zuma rock.My mind examined a waste of Natural resources that have been left unutilized.
I have read about tourist traveling miles away from their country to other countries, just to embark on mountain and rock climbing events. I won't be surprised finding Nigerians among this set of tourist. The money these tourist bring along with them and the many good image that comes with having this set of people in your country, can't be overemphasized.
Zuma rock sits at a very good geographic location, just about 45km from the Nation's international Airport. With a road that connects Abuja to the rest of big Northern states passing through its location.
Few days ago, while moving pass this same location, I met a group of young lads trying to take pictures near the Zuma rock, but can't access it, as farmers has planted their crops round the rock. The visitors had to take pictures many meters away from the rock , while being cautious of the military check point located there aswell.
Our over reliance on the oil sector has made us become blind to other sector that can fetch us a whole lot of money without degrading the environment.
What stops the federal government from organizing yearly rock climbing event. If we can start now, in years to come, it will attract the attention of other sports men and women around the world and even multinational companies might see reason to sponsor such events, when it starts getting the needed attention.
How about creating staircase that leads to the mountain top? This might attract Nigerians from far and wide to this site.
I remember how the Rivers state Government turned a swamp, near a military Barracks into a pleasure park that has become the talk of the Nation. how about creating something of that nature near the Zuma rock. With this, people will have more reason to visit.
There are so many things we can do to attract the world to Nigeria, and boast our economy, but the leaders seems to be contented with the cursed blessings called crude oil.

Ohuche Joseph ogbonna (2020)

5 Likes

Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Kenny242(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nigeria still sleeping
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Things like this dey yankee who would want to come for that bush wey herdmen dey

Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Faithful007: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
It has been attempted. There are a lot of tragic and paranormal events regarding that.
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Perra: 12:05am On Jun 21, 2020
I laugh in french. Dear op, ...if you want to know the answer to ur question, just carry urself and mistakenly spend one night, camping ( like the white men ) around that rock . ..... You will know sayy na Nigeria you dey nobi America.
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by bamdexfarms(m): 2:34am On Jun 21, 2020
The human face on the surface of that rock still scares the shit out of me till date.
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by majisuka(m): 4:27am On Jun 21, 2020
If they can build appropriate infrastructure like that in Aso Rock, I see no problem they do the same thing to Zuma. Or just too many people being superstitious to the rock?
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Mindlog: 4:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Faithful007:
It has been attempted. There are a lot of tragic and paranormal events regarding that.

Please do share such events.
Re: Counting The Cost : The Waste Of Natural Resources (zuma Rock) by Asquare84(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
Zuma rock is in niger state

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Study Abroad / Traveling To US / Honeymoon In Seychelles, Africas Most Beautiful Island! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.