Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,854 members, 7,906,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

How Do You See Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You See Me? (139 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You See Me? by Hoperyehmir2020(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
HOW DO YOU SEE ME?
By Abu Zayd Sodiq Adeoti

All praises and adorations is due to Allāh the most merciful, we beseech His blessings upon the noblest of mankind Muhammad ﷺ.

The current happenings across the global community has blotted the life of humans, causing a decrease in the spectre of mental and general wellness. It appears that there is a reduced appreciation of human value and quality of life in this period of existence. Several reasons have been registered as probable etymology of these problems. These occurrences are seen at every strata of human relation (families, couples, friends and relatives). However, it appears that a possible underlying cause is the loss of the normal spiritual and mental perception of how we should see our fellow humans. Ask your neighbor, HOW DO YOU SEE ME?

In the present day, there is a distinct orientation on how we value the wellbeing of fellow humans and this has exposed us to many difficulties and sad occurrences. We tend to easily forget that there is an architect behind the existence of every creation and each soul belongs to Him (Allāh) alone. Allāh says in the Qur'an: " Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allāh, the Best of Creators". (Q23:12-14).

It is very essential we ascribe importance to the worth of every soul as they belong to Allāh only, and see our fellow humans in our image and not met any harm on them. Allāh says: “and do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except for the requirements of justice; this He has enjoined you with that you may understand”. (Q6:151). This is an obligation upon us not to take the souls of others unjustly. How about toying with their mental health which can lead to loss of life? Of the common happenings, is the assault of the female gender that ravages the global community. Regardless of our gender, we must see ourselves as elements of trust and high value. A very bad motive is like a disease which when the effects reaches a person, it possibly cause a long lasting complication that may dwindle the sweetness of ones life journey. The Prophet ﷺ said: "None of you [truly] believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself". This emphasizes the fact that our relationships as Muslims should be built on natural affection while not transgressing the limits of Allāh.

Aside from faulting ones Eeman by going against the teachings of Islam, the implications of meting harm in any form are grave. Commonly, incidence of physical assaults, betrayal, cheating and all forms of minor attacks on one another has dwindled the quality of existence leaving many with emotional imbalance and death in some cases. Research has shown that experiences of terror has grave effects on one's mental stability and health. Victims of these actions tend to suffer long or short term emotional and psychological trauma which doesn’t favor their mental wellness. Hence, it is essential we live a life built upon a sequence of core values in spiritual, physical and mental health. This can only come to fruition when we accustom ourselves to the teachings of Allāh and His Messenger ﷺ, thereby serving as a guide on how we co-manage the spiritual and mental wellbeing of ourselves and fellow humans.

As Muslims, it is essential we relate with one another with utmost level of respect regardless of our gender, race or color. The Prophet ﷺ said: "A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim: he does not oppress him, nor does he fail him, nor does he lie to him, nor does he hold him in contempt". A positive reverse on the perceptions of humanity is essential for every individual. See not your fellow human as a material of ordinary physical resemblance, object of attack or an instrument of exercising bad imaginations. Rather, we should see ourselves as an entity of priceless value, trust, worth and love so as to make the world a better place.
THIS IS HOW I WANT YOU TO SEE ME.

BaarokaLlahu fina Jemii'a.

CC : AT-TABEEB EDITORIALS

References
1) Arba'un An-nawawi
2) Saheeh Al-Bukhari
3) Saheeh Muslim

(1) (Reply)

God Changes Things / Extremism And Terrorism-islam's View(3) / The Value Of A Confidant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.