Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,631 members, 7,975,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:46 AM

Get Registered On UPWORK And Land Your First CLIENT as a Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Get Registered On UPWORK And Land Your First CLIENT as a Nigerian (443 Views)

Finding It Hard To Land Your First Gig On Upwork? Make sure you read this / How To Win Jobs On Upwork And Save Connects / 3 Good Reasons Everyone Should Be Making Money On Upwork (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Registered On UPWORK And Land Your First CLIENT as a Nigerian by piuspaul(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Years before 2015 there was nothing like Upwork. It all started during the 90's and early 20's when Elance and oDesk came into existence. A freelance platform in the US where anybody in the world can easily register on these 2 major platforms, surf for jobs, get hired and paid! But due to some reasons Elance decided to merge with oDesk, becoming the most popular and powerful Freelance website in the world.

With time they decided to change to Upwork. All this while I was there and active on Elance and oDesk and now Upwork. But all of a sudden Upwork started limiting the numbers of freelancers registering on there platform. At first I thought this is a bad idea but with time I noticed it was actually to help Upwork.

How? Imagine 200-300 jobs are posted everyday on Upwork by different clients and about 1,000 Freelancers worldwide are registered on Upwork everyday. That amount to 6,000-9,000 job post in a month for 30,000 freelancers. Of course the competition will be too much mostly if the majority of the registered people are in a particular niche of job. It will be overwhelming, many top freelancers will loose interest! And clients will complaint of not having good freelancers to bid on there job and that will be the very beginning of the downfall of Upwork!

But all hope are not lost as Upwork still accept new freelancers on a daily basis but limited. How can you be among those limited ones? That's where you need someone with vast experience on Upwork and Freelance websites. I have been registered on Upwork for the past 7 years.

I'm trying to grow a freelance trend in Nigeria and help interested people in Freelancing to achieve it on a longtime base. My plan is to create an extensive reservoir of information for people to become a successful freelancer. Though it will b paid later. But for the meantime I will be giving out limited free information.

[b]Please reply to this trend

Regards,
Pius A.
Re: Get Registered On UPWORK And Land Your First CLIENT as a Nigerian by tundayfarm: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Am a witness to whatever Mr akhawini is saying on upwork, he started from zero and his really striving as a freelancer..
Well-done sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Venza 2011 / Pos Booming Business Right Now In Nigeria / Are You Connected To A Wifi And You Want To Know The Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.