Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,032 members, 7,931,541 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:09 AM

Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. (577 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Have Armed Robbers Ever Visited Your House Before? Please Share Your Story / Good People Of Nigeria Please I Need An Available Internship Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by olapo(f): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2011
hello everyone, please share your experience with others here on how these evil people work and how not to get into their hands.
on monday, i fell a victim. they stopped me infront of d bank and asked for an address of a hospital, i didnt answer until a man walked up to me and asked me for a pen, i answered and dat was d beginning of d end of my precious black berry, lil samsung and 40k with my wallet containing all my id cards. its a really long story. but i thank God i didnt get raped or hurt in the process, and my vital body parts are not in a shrine spinning money for some ruthless human beings.
Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by VALIDATOR: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
Sorry about the items collected from you.
Please share the long story. It is the most important part and you have left it out of your post.
Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by ifyalways(f): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
OMG,I have never been swindled.
What happened,share full story please.
Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by tpiah2: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
and it continues:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351954/Mother-conned-80-000-swindlers-posing-American-soldier-internet-dating-site.html

A mother-of-three was forced to sell her home after being conned out of £80,000 by fraudsters posing as an American solider on a dating website.

Kate, who is divorced, said: 'Aside from losing the money I feel like I've lost the love of my life.
'I know he wasn't real but the feelings were real to me and that's very difficult to come to terms with.
After making a large payment, contact suddenly stopped and it was then that alarm bells began to ring.
She eventually contacted the police and her phone company traced phone calls from 'Mark' to a mobile phone in Nigeria.

The fraudsters posted pictures of a good-looking soldier in uniform to Mark's profile as well as some half-naked poses.

After charming Kate and promising to buy a house together he started begging her to help him buy himself out of the Army.

In one email dated October 27, 2009 he wrote: 'I have been talking about you all night to all my friends.

'I think I am driving them mad but i cant help being madly in love with you, its like I am floating on a cloud and dreaming i just hope i don't wake up to find it was all a dream or I will be gutted.' 

Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by donjon: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2011
4 all dat hi tech society they live in, some are so stupid
Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2011
Olapo, sorry about your loss. You may wish to share the "long version" with us, again, you may not.

@ All: If it seems too good to be true, it usually is! In most cases, greed is the motivating factor, and yes, also on the "victim's" side.
Re: Have Ever Been Hypnotised Or Swindled In Nigeria? Please Share Your Experience. by Gboliwe: 6:42am On Feb 07, 2011
July last year I was swindled by a con man who claimed to work for an oil company and in the middle of his 'i'm going to help you get a job with Shell' I could see through his lies, but I kept on going to avoid people blaming me if my instincts were wrong. At the end of it all, my loss was a meal I bought for the fool, a night at a cheap hotel and a phone that could only send msgs.
The con man had eyes on sister's laptop and N50k I said I had in my a/c.

(1) (Reply)

Oprah Reveals Secret Half Sister / Urgent Job Vacancy / Professional Ushers Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.