Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,843 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:58 AM

Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 (500 Views)

"Ballers Off Duty": Nigeria Female Basketball Players Cool Off (pix) / Meet Kelly Oubre Jr, One Of Most Handsome Basketball Players In The NBA / 4 Japanese Basketball Players Suspended After Paying Prostitutes For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by ContractKiller: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
As the NBA gears up for its proposed July return, the league is looking to use technology to monitor players' COVID-19 symptoms. According to CNBC, players will begin wearing "smart rings" that can track symptoms up to three days in advance. The report states that the new "Oura smart ring is capable of predicting COVID-19 symptoms up to 3 days in advance with 90% accuracy. The ring can measure body temperature, respiratory functions, and heart rate."

[img]https://images./6byFGxjYLClXUopDVWb1kt.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./1cjCYGwBl3JMoHVeUTkOsw.jpg[/img]

The company that developed the Oura ring initially set out to create a sleep tracker, but soon found out the metrics could help identify coronavirus. According to the University of California, San Francisco roughly 2,000 medical workers were given the Oura ring and directed to complete daily surveys to analyze their health. The study's objective was to “observe associations between dermal body temperature, heart rate, and related metrics, and the onset of symptoms such as fever, cough, and fatigue, which can characterize COVID-19.” However, the findings from the UCSF study were incomplete by the time Oura Ring was contracted by the NBA.

West Virginia Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute conducted a similar study and found the Oura Ring was 90% accurate in predicting COVID-19. But the study was carried out in conjunction with Oura Health which raises suspicion for the apparent conflict of interest.

For those interested, the Oura Ring is reportedly on sale for $299.

https://www.vladtv.com/article/263301/nba-players-to-wear-smart-rings-to-detect-covid-19-symptoms?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=short-link&utm_campaign=263301

Mynd44 OAM4J Lalasticlala
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by internationalman(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Why not provide it for the whole citizen...

In case my above comment is flaw, I only read the headline..
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by Sonoyom(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
h
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
You can order it for $290 on eBay and Amazon.

internationalman:
Why not provide it for the whole citizen...

In case my above comment is flaw, I only read the headline..
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by paulolee(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
wow..science at its best... i think footballers need it too...dts if they haven't started wearing it already
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by tillaman(m): 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
grin
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by Nostradamus: 12:08am On Jun 20, 2020
I love the NBA.

Nothing but amazing.
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by vanida6: 6:00am On Sep 03, 2020
Gud
Re: Basketball Players To Wear Ring That Can Detect Presence Of Covid-19 by JamesKing26: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
I haven't heard anything about it before. This is a great idea, but I don't understand why is such a ring not available to all people if it works? I think it would have helped stop the spread of the coronavirus. As for basketball, I can say that it is my favorite sport. Every weekend we get together with the guys from the university and play basketball in the schoolyard. This saves me from depression in difficult times. So, I want to share with you that I recently bought great basketball shoes. These are the best shoes for basketball and I imagine myself a champion. I wonder if you play basketball or just watch games on TV?

(1) (Reply)

Bichi Fc Will Make A Difference In Amateur Football In Nigeria, Says Abba Bichi / Luis Suarez: Barca Gift Atletico Madrid The La Liga Trophy / Man City Vs PSG: 4th Official Displayed Wrong Number For Aguero: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.