Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,785 members, 7,889,551 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:05 PM

EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair (349 Views)

EFCC Uncovers Religious Sect Laundering Money For Terrorists - Olukoyede / EFCC Uncovers N37B Fraud In Humanitarian Ministry, Indicts Sadiya Umar-Farouk / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Uncovers Another ₦90b ‘Fraud’ Against Accountant-General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by News0003: 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has uncovered additional 400 ghost workers in Kwara State's Universal Basic Education Board, News9naija reports.

The commission through a statement issued on its verified Twitter handle on Friday, June 19, 2020 said the it uncovered 400 fresh ghost workers in Kwara state.

The anti-graft agency also said it arrested the Chairman, Nigerian Union of Teachers, NUT, Kwara State, Salihu Idris Toyin, the Permanent Secretary, State Universal Basic Education Board, SUBEB, Bayo Audu Onimago, Director of Finance, SUBEB, Ahmed Husain, Coordinator, NUJ, Kwara State, Tijani Idris and Controller of Finance, SUBEB, Omole John for allegedly diverting the sum N31,000,000 (Thirty One Million Naira only) meant for the payment of the ghost workers.

EFCC wrote, "In a confessional account of how the money was shared, Toyin told operatives of the EFCC that "A sum of N12million was paid into an account operated by me and others, the money was actually not supposed to come but when the cash hit the account, I withdrew it and gave it to SUBEB Officials, they gave us N3million for free and we shared it among ourselves."

"We also received another N19million. I withdrew N4million from it, I used N1.5million for clearing and interlocking of our quarters, the remaining N2.5million is still with me".

Recall that the anti-graft agency last week announced the uncovering of about 1000 ghost workers allegedly smuggled into the payroll of the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/19/efcc-uncovers-additional-400-ghost-workers-in-kwara-arrests-states-nut-chairman-others/

Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by Naijaarchive(m): 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by 2by40ft: 12:21am On Jun 20, 2020
For all these ghosts to not appear again the government should start replacing them with real people who needed these jobs. That's almost 1400 jobs opportunities in kwara state alone.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by Baesmart11(f): 3:19am On Jun 20, 2020
The person above me is high on drugd
Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by helinues: 3:25am On Jun 20, 2020
NUT (Nigeria Union of Teacher ) chairman.

Teacher don dey teach us nonsense oo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by helinues: 3:27am On Jun 20, 2020
apache22b:
If only Ajimobi had died of the Covid_19 virus,then I would be highly ecstatically delighted and disproportionately flabbergasted with enormous gratification and appreciation for the dispensation of such a tendering and mesmerizing information in which the prestidigitation of the concurrent and subsequent matter is thoroughly demonstrated through the innuances alluding to literal and metaphorical context. It is highly imperative to note that, such is the significance of the aforementioned, distortion in any shape or form will result in catastrophic ramifications to which will be the outcome of epic proportions. I thank you for your unequivocal.

undecided angry

Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by Yankee101: 3:42am On Jun 20, 2020
Good work
Re: EFCC Uncovers Additional 400 Ghost Workers In Kwara, Arrests State's NUT Chair by Charmingrascal(m): 9:40am On Jun 20, 2020
I know someone who is a ghost teacher in Kwara.
One of those Saraki's corruption enabler.

Abdularazaq Abdulrahaman is scrutinizing Kwara civil service bastardized by Saraki and his Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed.

AA is working and we stand solidly behind him.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Violate Social Distancing Rule To Celebrate His PDP membership / BREAKING: APC NEC Ratifies Edo Gov Primary / *Edo 2020: Obaseki’s Spokesman, Osagie, Defects To PDP, Says Party Will Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.