Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,824 members, 7,889,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? (222 Views)

Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) / Is Schizophrenia A Physical Illness Or A Spiritual One? / Nigerian Man Dies Midair On His Way To France For Medical Checkup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? by Blackmoran(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Last week a cousin of mine was I'll and was diagnose with chronic fever, at first we were scared the result shouldn't be covid.. In the clinic I realise I haven't been to a hospital since I was 6 years of age I can remember that day vividly as I was given a bottle of fanta I knew I was been bribe for injection so I ran around the clinic with the nurse chasing me... Most people around me same too, I don't know probably we are the birds of the same feather. But one thing I do know Nigerians are bless with good DNA our immune system is strong and secondly most Nigerians live a rugged life and there body has adapted to that nature. 70percent of Nigerians don't visit the hospital which by me is dangerous but I can't blame them when the nation no 1 enemy is poverty... Give a average Nigerian a paper and tell him to list is top 20 wish list, I can bet my balls health insurance won't be there...
Re: When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2020
Good that you took that step.
Wish every other Nigerian will have that awareness and improve on their health-seeking behaviour, as it's obtainable in developed countries.

But what's a chronic fever?? That's not a diagnosis!
Your cousin didn't actually benefit from that hospital visit.

So, as this health-seeking behaviour improves, we should also demand for value for our money from the hospitals, and avoid such places where patients are diagnosed with "chronic fever".
Chronic fever(fever lasting for 3wks) can be caused by TB, HIV, leukaemia, hepatitis b, c, brain abscess, pelvic abscess, EBV, brucellosis, toxoplasmosis, rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Tooth abscess, thyrotoxicosis, cancer of any type, etc. So, which one does your friend have??

As far as I'm concerned, that's not a hospital, unless you quoted them wrongly.
Re: When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? by Blackmoran(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
Probably I didn't get his sickness, but most of the drugs prescribe where malaria drugs ...
Re: When Last Have You Gone To The Hospital For Illness Or Checkup? by Denique(f): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
Good that you took that step.
Wish every other Nigerian will have that awareness and improve on their health-seeking behaviour, as it's obtainable in developed countries.

But what's a chronic fever?? That's not a diagnosis!
Your cousin didn't actually benefit from that hospital visit.

So, as this health-seeking behaviour improves, we should also demand for value for our money from the hospitals, and avoid such places where patients are diagnosed with "chronic fever".
Chronic fever(fever lasting for 3wks) can be caused by TB, HIV, leukaemia, hepatitis b, c, brain abscess, pelvic abscess, EBV, brucellosis, toxoplasmosis, rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Tooth abscess, thyrotoxicosis, cancer of any type, etc. So, which one does your friend have??

As far as I'm concerned, that's not a hospital, unless you quoted them wrongly.

Looks like the OP may have summarised the medical report.

@OP, the report isn't detailed at all...it's like saying you were diagnosed of stress...there are different causes and degrees of stress.

You two need to yield to the quoted moniker's advice and go back to that hospital or somewhere else.

(1) (Reply)

My Weed Addiction And Discovery. / Exercises That Stimulate Libido And Boost Sex Drive / Update: Early Signs And Symptoms Of Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.