Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,115 members, 7,890,711 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:40 PM

2020 Polls:could This Be A Prelude Of What Is To Come In Nigeria Bar Association - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020 Polls:could This Be A Prelude Of What Is To Come In Nigeria Bar Association (261 Views)

Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home / Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts / Northern Lawyers Write Malami Over Formation Of New Bar Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2020 Polls:could This Be A Prelude Of What Is To Come In Nigeria Bar Association by Honbright(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
By Tunde Olorungbotemi

During week, the political permutations in the Nigerian Bar Association takes a new dimension as weighty endorsements comes the way of Olumide Akpata for the NBA Presidency, VOICEAIRMEDIA reports.

A Distinguished Life Bencher Hairat Balogun, OON and the First Female Attorney General of Lagos State had endorsed Mr. Olumide Akpata stating as follows;

''In my almost 60 years of law practice in Nigeria, I have witnessed different types of leaders of the Nigerian Bar Association (“NBA”). I have also been privileged to watch our profession rise and unfortunately, I have also seen its decline. However, I have always kept hope alive that a time will come, possibly in my lifetime, when the institutional shortcomings that culminated in our present situation would be redressed by the right kind of leadership at the NBA. The emergence of Olumide Akpata as a frontline candidate for the NBA presidency suddenly brings that hope to bear.''

In a related development, a former NBA Secretary General, Mazi Afam Osigwe had also thrown his weight behind Olumide Akpata for the NBA Presidency. He stated that,

"Our Association deserves to be led by someone who will, in title alone, be called President, but in nature, conviction, vision, practice and antecedents, remain a reliable brother and friend to his professional colleagues regardless of status, age, niche or origin. I believe we should improve the standing of the NBA, proactively address issues affecting lawyers, fashion ways to promote the welfare, working environment of lawyers as well as ensuring that, no matter their status, all lawyers benefit from their membership of the NBA."

Also, as if to round up the week, a young Influential lawyer, Desmond Orisewezie had expressed his clear endorsement for the NBA Presidency. He wrote on his media pages that

"Olumide Akpata represents a break from the past, a strategic solution provider to systemic challenges, a driver of contemporary law practice, a unifier of the Bar, our hope for the future and a vibrant catalyst for reforms in the administration of justice in Nigeria."

This endorsement coming from a Lawyer who enjoys a high regard amongst a large number of young lawyers in Nigeria is a game changing development and there appears to be no limitation to the extent he could go for the actualization of the candidacy of Olumide Akpata as the next NBA President, reports have it that a group of 100 young lawyers had immediately aligned themselves with Desmond's position.

Could this be a prelude of what is to come?

Source And Photos here...https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/06/nba-2020-polls-life-bencher-former-nba.html

1 Share

Re: 2020 Polls:could This Be A Prelude Of What Is To Come In Nigeria Bar Association by johnmartus(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Olumide supposed to be attorney general of federation. But hell cabal not allow.

(1) (Reply)

1st... The Rogue 1999 Constitution Must Be Jettisoned Wholesale Now - Tony Nnadi / Edo Guber Race: Action Alliance Party Concludes Primaries. / Nigerian Economy: Pat Utomi Says FG Is Living In Denial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.