Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:00 AM

Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan (1236 Views)

FG Rejects Julius Berger’s N279bn Cost For Second Niger Bridge Bypass / Tinubu Appoints Adamu Garba Laka Coordinator For National Counter-Terrorism / Abuja: Police Begin Counter Terrorism Operation After US Warning Of Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Racoon(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
The Presidency on Friday revealed a five-point strategy through which it plans to tackle the challenges of terrorism, herdsmen’s attacks and religious conflicts, among others in the country.

The key areas in the strategy, which it said it would be adopting in the months and years ahead, are negotiation and dialogue.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, disclosed this in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja.

Shehu was reacting to the report of the United Kingdom All-Party Parliamentary Group on International Religious Freedom or Belief which was launched in Westminster on Monday.

The report had indicated that Nigerian Christians were experiencing devastating violence with attacks by armed groups of “Islamist Fulani herders” resulting in the killing, maiming, dispossession and eviction of thousands of people.

According to the report, a key factor driving the violence is the impact of growing power and influence of Islamist extremism across the Sahel which drives some “militant Fulani herders” to target Christians and symbols of Christian identity such as churches.

“These factors are compounded by the Nigerian government’s failure to respond adequately to the violence, to protect communities or to bring perpetrators of violence to justice,” the report had claimed.

But Shehu said there had been tensions among Christians and Muslims as well as herders and farmers for generations in Nigeria.

He attributed the incessant herders and farmers’ clashes to access to ever-decreasing arable and farmland due to a rapidly rising population, temperatures & desertification through global warming.

He admitted that tensions have been exacerbated by the vicious and criminal attacks by the terror group, Boko Haram, on Nigeria.

According to him, the sect members have targeted Christians and churches specifically because they know it drives forward religious and land tensions already existent in the country while they attack mosques and Muslims in order to warn Muslims to either radicalise or become targets themselves.

The statement read in part, “In the months and years ahead, our President who is a Muslim and our Vice President, who is an evangelical Christian pastor are irrevocably committed to addressing these multiple and long-term challenges for today’s and future generations.

“These include continuing and increasing Nigeria’s efforts alongside our allies to fully defeat and finally defeat Boko Haram, in order to bring security to the North of the country.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/killings-fg-rejects-uk-religious-freedom-report-unveils-counter-terrorism-plan/%3famp=1#scso=_OzjuXrCjBonBUvqss9gK10:0

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by hisgrace090: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
The determination to confront herdsmen and bokoharam I think is the answer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Negotiate and dialogue with criminals ! Who does that? O ! I so much miss OBJ, he would have levelled the whole place these bandits are operating from and peace would have been instilled by force.

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Ernerstdavid55(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dia wat grin
Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Racoon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
They are always living in denial but does that change the well know fact that bandits, Fulani/BH terrorists are all on a killing spree in order to establish an islamic empire in Nigeria & govt have been downplaying all the atrocities of these satanic groups?

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Racoon(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
The Presidency on Friday revealed a five-point strategy through which it plans to tackle the challenges of terrorism, herdsmen’s attacks and religious conflicts, among others in the country.The key areas in the strategy, which it said it would be adopting in the months and years ahead, are negotiation and dialogue.
The govt keeps on negotiating with these killers even releasing them as repented bandits/terrorists.Who does this idiocy in a 21st century world?

Nothing new a lover of terrorists cant fight terrorists.This is why defeating Bandits/terrorists is a mirage until the dullard declare them for what they truly are-terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Beremx(f): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Negotiations and dialogue indeed.

More rehabilitation and money for bandits and terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
I'm sorry but Buhari and his henchmen are useless fellows.

Yes, I said what I said.

How can you be releasing "repentant" terrorists back into the society when these same terrorists have killed both soldiers and civilians?

Who pays for their crimes?

If this is how justice is served in Nigeria, then all criminals currently in Nigerian prisons should also be released because I'm sure they too have repented.

Nigeria is a circus and Buhari is a clown.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by helinues: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
How can you people be listing another 5 strategy when you claimed you are winning/already won the war?

So there is now reward for killing in Nigeria?

Bunch of clueless people

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by SLAP44: 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
TripleOh7:

Yes, I said what I said.

How can you be releasing "repentant" terrorists back into the society when these same terrorists have killed both soldiers and civilians?

If this is how justice is served in Nigeria, then all criminals currently in Nigerian prisons should also be released because I'm sure they too have repented.

helinues:
How can you people be listing another 5 strategy when you claimed you are winning/already won the war?

Bunch of clueless people

Your eyes don dey clear?

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by helinues: 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
SLAP44:

Your eyes don dey clear?

You put glue for your eyes before?

1 Share

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by ODJ124(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
grin grin grin
*A classmate lost her mom then we contributed money for one guy to send on our behalf this guy chop the money and told us if his mother dies, we should not pay him .*....

mtcheww...
Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
The key areas in the strategy, which it said it would be adopting in the months and years ahead, are negotiation and dialogue.

The truth is that the world knows the agenda of APC and Buhari government. Those lies don'tt hold water again. Muslim Jihadist are killing Christians and burning churches with
bombs while the military look the other way.
To pretend to justify the islamist are targeting mosques they will arrange to bumb a mosque on a Sunday instead of Friday.

You want to negotiate with terrorists but refuse to negotiate with unarmed IPOB.

Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, and Bandits are the same people working for APC and Buhari.

Wait for COVID 19 to be over, the world will descend on you.

Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB are doing a good job.
The Fulani Kingdom is about to go down.
Nigeria will soon be free.

I am happy with what is about to befall this evil government

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
[s]
SLAP44:

Your eyes don dey clear?
[/s]
Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Xisnin(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bunch of idiots in government.
How did dialogue and negotiations work out for the Katsina governor?
The governor disbanded and disarmed all vigilantes which ended up giving
the bandits a free reign.

Whatever money they are paid would be used to buy more weapons.

These aren't some random hungry criminals but terrorists who are
fully committed to continuing killing.

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Ojiofor: 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dunces like Shehu Gabar and Bubuhari can only deceive themselves and their zömbie followers.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
TripleOh7:

Yes, I said what I said.

Nigeria is a circus and Buhari is a corrupt clown and terrorism enabler.
Does it even stop at releasing them into the society? Some are recruited into the military with ranks also.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Terrorist government

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by CodeTemplar: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Denial, just as expected.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
Racoon:
The blood of everyone killed is on Tinubu's head.

2 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by AstralBody: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
I just dey sorry for the fulanis!
The day Nigerians will rise up against them,no section of the country will sympathize with them. They will all be chased out!
Bloody beast of No Nation!
Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
helinues:

Bunch of clueless people
Isn't it time you people apologize for foisting this terrorists on innocent Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
TripleOh7:

Yes, I said what I said.

Aren't you enjoying Sai baba again... Afonja una no get shame at allooo.

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Xisnin:
Bunch of idiots in government.
How did dialogue and negotiations work out for the Katsina governor?
The governor disbanded and disarmed all vigilantes which ended up giving
the bandits a free reign.

Whatever money they are paid would be used to buy more weapons.

These aren't some random hungry criminals but terrorists who are
fully committed to continuing killing.

These so called terrorist are mingling with the indegenes. They just seldomly killoo.

Buhari's plan was for them to invade the south, since they couldn't, they are just taking out their frustration on the northerners there.

This is just another case of Janja-weed massacre of south sudan.

#LetUsSepareteInPeace

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by SLAP44: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
Supan:

The blood of everyone killed is on Tinubu's head.

Helinues will not like this.

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by SweetJoystick(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Useless and callous government

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
The end of Fulani rule is here

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by nameo: 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
Was it not a spokesman of the President that told us to chose between given our lands to these fulani herders(many of whom are foreigners by the way) or getting killed.

Well, we refused to give up our lands and so are now getting killed.

What is the surprise here?

1 Like

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Pentagon007: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
h
Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by Supan(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
SLAP44:

Helinues will not like this.
He should start learning how to like it. The blood of everyone killed in osun, arimogija, all over SW will forever be on their head.

That sly Baba has not found even one cow up till now.

3 Likes

Re: Killings: FG Rejects UK Religious Freedom Report, Unveils Counter-terrorism Plan by sapientia(m): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
still unveiling

jokers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Osinbajo Must Resign From Buhari Government / Hundreds Sign Petition To Bar El-rufai From Speaking At NBA Conference / Edo Election Result Update: Ize-iyamu Leads Obaseki At Makeke Ward In Akoko Ed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.