Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

Tend Your Garden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tend Your Garden (126 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium / The Lord's Garden: Dr Paul Enenche's New Multi Billion Naira Auditorium (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tend Your Garden by toyinaremu(f): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Adam was known to be the first gardener whom God created. He was assigned with the task of keeping and tending it.

As a gardener, he ensures that the garden he tends sparks with beautiful flowers with trimmed edges, and he weeds out unwanted plants so it won't outgrow the beautiful flowers.

If you have a garden well designed, you will understand the beauty of tending gardens.

Marriage can be likened to a garden that needs to be cared for. A garden that is left uncatered for would be overgrown by weeds. Similarly, a marriage that you don't attend to would be invaded by that forces that would destroy it.

Many times, I see some couples admire other homes, and complain about theirs. I am not saying it is bad to admire other's marriage but the real deal is those ones you admire has taken time to tend their marriage garden - to work out their marriage.

What are you doing to make your marriage work? How can I tend my garden?

1. Obey instructions

God gave Adam and his wife instructions to follow, but they ignored it and allowed the devil's opinion prevail over His. God is the gardener, you and your spouse must do whatever He says to see your garden blossom.

Allow Him do some planting, weeding and trimming. And understand that without Jesus in the garden of your marriage, the likelihood of it to be destroyed is certain.

Above all, follow His directives: husband love you wife and wives in return are to be submissive.

2. Don't litter your garden with dirts

God works in marriages when you remove dirts from your marriage that would make it untidy.

What do I mean? What do you say to each other, how much of edification are in your words? Do you still encourage each other? Nagging, fights, insults or assault, digging out past issues and the likes are dirts that won't make the garden of your marriage clean.

3. Cultivate your garden

Be deliberate about making your marriage worthwhile, how? Read books, listen to messages, attend marriage seminars and so on. No one is an island of knowledge, learn and relearn.

Pray for your marriage too, it is very important, it is the fertilizer for the other plants (listening to messages, attending marriage seminars etc) to grow.

4. Don't give room for weed

Weed out unwanted plants from their root that could compete with your flowers.
Get rid of weeds such as anger, resentments, competition, unforgiveness, headiness, lack of respect etc. Be merciless in pulling them out so they don't take control of your garden.

5. Water your garden

Water your garden by praying for your spouse. Study your spouse to know their love language and communicate it always. Women, push your man to success.

Don't pull him down daily through nagging or complain, instead pull him up by going on your knees and making things happen from the spiritual since the spiritual controls the physical. Men, love your wives! Speak words of life over her daily by washing her with the water of His word.

A wise woman builds her home and a wise man protects the builder.

Let your knees make things happen.

Till I come your way next time, make your garden beautiful!

For more articles, visit www.kingdomelectyouth.com

(1) (Reply)

My First Love / Understand Your Calling / "Looking Unto Jesus."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.