Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,563 members, 7,937,593 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa (1624 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / 217 Cuban Doctors Arrive In SA As Coronavirus Cases Hit 4546 (sunday) / COVID19 Cases Rises To 97 As NCDC Confirms 8 New Cases In FCT, Oyo, Kaduna, Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Ni Hao! That’s cool. China is where it is at hehehe! My only grouse with China, is how they mistreated Africans folks over the pandemic. It was very sad, I guess it was an isolated incident which took place in the African community in Guangzhou. Outside that, I think China is a nice place. Would love to visit someday and go to the Wing Chun martial school in Hubei province. That’s the birth place of Wing Chun Kung fu. Do you speak mandarin? Are you by chance into martial art ??

Minxie:

I work in China. My contract ends next year and Im counting down the last few months because I want to finish up there and come home for a while. It's been fun but there's really no place like home grin Im in SA now though, i managed to escape China in early February grin
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by Minxie(f): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Ni Hao! That’s cool. China is where it is at hehehe! My only grouse with China, is how they mistreated Africans folks over the pandemic. It was very sad, I guess it was an isolated incident which took place in the African community in Guangzhou. Outside that, I think China is a nice place. Would love to visit someday and go to the Wing Chun martial school in Hubei province. That’s the birth place of Wing Chun Kung fu. Do you speak mandarin? Are you by chance into martial art ??

Nope I don't speak the lingo although I've caught on to it pretty easily. Also I don't do martial arts although I decided I want to do it this year Lol covid19 clearly thought otherwise.

In terms of the xenophobia in China, it wasn't limited to black Africans. My colleagues kept complaining about horrible treatment by locals during the outbreak. They were all different races and from different countries. Anyway, the Chinese were led to believe that covid 19 is a foreign virus so they assumed all foreigners have it.
otherwise, they are actually very nice people who are eager to learn about Africans. Unfortunately there are a number of illegal people in China. They don't like illegals. This includes illegals from Ukraine and Russia. I think in Guangzhou the people tend to be more intolerant becomes there are more illegal Africans. I'm not saying that some Chinese aren't racist, but the actual racist ones are very few. And consider things from their perspective: their first exposure to black people was very recently but unfortunately there are many black people trading illegally in their zones. So they get upset over that.

Otherwise, I've gotten a warm reception in China because there are so many South African teachers Lol ! And it's good marketing for SA because I've been approached by so many Chinese asking me for recommendations for vacations in SA

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2020
Yes, it’s sad about the illegal immigrants over there, who don’t have legal documentation. But hey, it is what it is. There would always be illegal immigrant everywhere lol. It’s soothing to hear they are nice to foreigners.

Ummm you should try and become proficient in Mandarin. It would help you out, there’s a lot of benefit attached to knowing and speaking mandarin. Point being, China in 20-30 years would become an undisputed Super Power nation. Plus, you know China is investing heavily in South Africa. I know both countries have a very cordial and mutual relationship. And the trade volume between the two countries keeps increasing.

Interesting to know you’d like to start training in Martial art. Might I ask, which style of martial art are you interested in? You should go for Wing Chun. It’s a woman who invented the Wing Chun martial system. And where I train at roodeport. It’s a lot of women training there. Most of them are coloreds

You should come by and visit for a session, once this pandemic is over.

Minxie:

Nope I don't speak the lingo although I've caught on to it pretty easily. Also I don't do martial arts although I decided I want to do it this year Lol covid19 clearly thought otherwise.

In terms of the xenophobia in China, it wasn't limited to black Africans. My colleagues kept complaining about horrible treatment by locals during the outbreak. They were all different races and from different countries. Anyway, the Chinese were led to believe that covid 19 is a foreign virus so they assumed all foreigners have it.
otherwise, they are actually very nice people who are eager to learn about Africans. Unfortunately there are a number of illegal people in China. They don't like illegals. This includes illegals from Ukraine and Russia. I think in Guangzhou the people tend to be more intolerant becomes there are more illegal Africans. I'm not saying that some Chinese aren't racist, but the actual racist ones are very few. And consider things from their perspective: their first exposure to black people was very recently but unfortunately there are many black people trading illegally in their zones. So they get upset over that.

Otherwise, I've gotten a warm reception in China because there are so many South African teachers Lol ! And it's good marketing for SA because I've been approached by so many Chinese asking me for recommendations for vacations in SA

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Forgot to add. I’ll start learning Mandarin at Wits. Language next year. China is the future

Minxie:

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by Minxie(f): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Forgot to add. I’ll start learning Mandarin at Wits. Language next year. China is the future

Good luck and have fun! I was hoping to start this year but 2020 is just no good. Lol
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Eish bro! @ TMKsouth when do you think it’s going to peak? From the look of things I don’t think will return to normalcy even in December? It’s cray man.

They're expecting a peak in September - millions of infections.

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
suremanpatriot:
covid case is high where people smoke alot places lik italy,europe,usa etcSTOP SMOKING NOW!

Thats true, considering its a respiratory disease. That's why smoking has been banned for over 3 months now in South Africa.

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
That’s impossible asking color folks to give up drinking & smoking, especially “shisha”. Hell naawww!

Ololo my bra, is jy ń lokal?
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:

Gosh, isn't it like the most difficult language in the world? I can't even attempt that - im too old. grin I tried French in varsity and that didn't work out well too. Guess, I'm bad with foreign languages.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Afrikaans
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hehehe! Mi bro! No ain’t local bro. Howzit mi bro! You good ?

TMKsouth:

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yeh I reckon it’s difficult bro. But once you put your mind to it. Then there’s nothing stopping from you learning and becoming proficient in it. It’s the thing of the mind. All in your mind bro

TMKsouth:

Gosh, isn't it like the most difficult language in the world? I can't even attempt that - im too old. grin I tried French in varsity and that didn't work out well too. Guess, I'm bad with foreign languages.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Dankie my darling wink

Minxie:

Good luck and have fun! I was hoping to start this year but 2020 is just no good. Lol

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Hehehe! Mi bro! No ain’t local bro. Howzit mi bro! You good ?

Heita daar. Ek is grand my bruu. Sharp sharp! Wololo grin
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
You colored bro??

TMKsouth:

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
You colored bro?

No, I'm black but tsotsi-taal (street lingo) is understood by everyone in SA. It's a mixture of black languages and Afrikaans.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sharp smiley smiley smiley You live in JoZi, neh?

TMKsouth:

No, I'm black but tsotsi-taal (street lingo) is understood by everyone in SA. It's a mixture of black languages and Afrikaans.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Sharp smiley smiley smiley You live in JoZi, neh?

Yep.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Whereabouts in JoZi? I live in the North. Northgate side. Just got back from Braamfontien not too long ago. When to cut my hair. Yoooh Bram is deserted bro. Can you imagine Braam of all places to be so dry.

TMKsouth:

Yep.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:
Whereabouts in JoZi? I live in the North. Northgate side. Just got back from Braamfontien not too long ago. When to cut my hair. Yoooh Bram is deserted bro. Can you imagine Braam of all places to be so dry.

I'm actually in Meyerton, South of Gauteng. Thought you were overseas so didn't wanna complicate my location, just kept it simple as Joburg.

Ja, Braam will be quiet without the Wits and college students there. I've seen it in December, it's a ghost town. I used to stay next to Standard Bank on Jorrisen street back in the day.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by Akinola100: 2:31am On Jun 24, 2020
TMKsouth:

As at today, where did this virus come from??
And can you see that Nairaland forum has helped made contact with your countrymen wink
TMKsouth:

As at today, where did this virus come from??
And can you see that Nairaland forum has helped made contact with your countrymen
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 5:05am On Jun 24, 2020
Ja, braam use to be, and still is my stomping ground. Extending to Melville too. Kitcheners, Neighbors Good, Great Dane, The restaurant adjacent to Kitcheners they closed. All those places are my stomping ground hahaha!

TMKsouth:

I'm actually in Meyerton, South of Gauteng. Thought you were overseas so didn't wanna complicate my location, just kept it simple as Joburg.

Ja, Braam will be quiet without the Wits and college students there. I've seen it in December, it's a ghost town. I used to stay next to Standard Bank on Jorrisen street back in the day.
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
ololo12:
Ja, braam use to be, and still is my stomping ground. Extending to Melville too. Kitcheners, Neighbors Good, Great Dane, The restaurant adjacent to Kitcheners they closed. All those places are my stomping ground hahaha!

It's the place to be downtown these days, including Maboneng. cool
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by ololo12: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Oh yeh and maboneng too! Too bad I won’t be visiting those places no more bra! I’ve stopped drinking and smoking shisha. I’m trying to live for a higher purpose. Just like a great man, by the name of Sukkot, once said. live for a higher purpose and get tuned in with Yah! So, yeh so no more carnal minded stuff for me wink wink wink wink.

TMKsouth:

It's the place to be downtown these days, including Maboneng. cool

1 Like

Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by TMKsouth: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
ololo12:
Oh yeh and maboneng too! Too bad I won’t be visiting those places no more bra! I’ve stopped drinking and smoking shisha. I’m trying to live for a higher purpose. Just like a great man, by the name of Sukkot, once said. live for a higher purpose and get tuned in with Yah! So, yeh so no more carnal minded stuff for me wink wink wink wink.

grin grin
Thats good man. The lockdown ban also helped me get off booze. Haven't touched it since March. So, stay on the good path too. cool
Re: South Africa Covid19 Cases Hit 100,000 - the First in Africa by YEBOmadiba: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2020
Minxie:

By the way, the anti-spam bot banned me from my own topic there. (Check were I quoted u). I wasn't even done putting up all the info. So I'll use this account til tomorrow. I quoted u in the Travel section just now. wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dark Armpit / The Spicy Garlic! / Please Help: Intraocular Pressure Too High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.