Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:30 AM

MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} (18860 Views)

❤ HIS SON - SEQUEL TO MY CAMPUS LIFE ❤ / Campus Life / Love Gone Wrong : True Life Stories Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
“My, my, my. Who do we have here?”

I gasped in shock. “Daphne?!”

She laughed aloud. “That’s my name, baby!”

I couldn’t believe what a monster she was. She’s been working with James all this time and had made us believe she was innocent and good. “You backstabber!"

“Enough!” James barked. “Don’t you ever get tired of talking?”

I still didn’t believe he was the one doing this to me. All his words about loving me… were all lies. I wished I could turn back time and rewind everything, so I wouldn’t have to meet him—but it was too late—it was too late to do so. But what I couldn’t understand, was why Philip had to be brought into this, and why he had to suffer for something he knew nothing about. He looked miserable; I couldn’t help but feel guilty about being the cause of all that he was going through at that time. If I had only listened to dad! I thought bitterly. If I had only stayed away from James… I sobbed painfully, remembering the time warnings came my way.

“Awe. Look who was acting tough before,”

A look of pure hatred flashed across my face as I looked up to see Daphne staring down on me. “You will regret this, I promise!”

“Oh, I'm not scared,” she laughed at my words.

“I trusted you! I loved you like a sister! Never for once did I treat you any different…”

“Oh. You should know the people you move with, darling,” she smiled and caressed my cheek. “I’ve always had my eyes on you right from the day you moved to Campbell,” she said. “I’ve always been one step ahead of you. And I’ve done a whole lot of things, just so you'd be out of our lives!” she brought her lips to my ear and whispered, “I killed Chelsea—”

My eyes grew wide. “Wh-what?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“Oh My God! Y-you killed her?”

“I hired a hitman, yes! But it was me all along!”

“What’s been you?” Philip's faint voice interrupted. “What-what are you two talking about?”

“You killed Chelsea—” I thought aloud. “You killed her!”

“She did!” James affirmed with an annoying laugh.

“How could you? How could you do such a thing?!”

“She was getting in my way!”

“In your way?” Philip asked, “In your way, Daphne?” he repeated with a place of her name. “Chelsea loved you, Daphne. She took you like her own sister. How could you have done such dreadful thing?”

“Oh, you expected me to stand and watch while she strengthened your love between you and Tricia? Is that what you expected of me, MacKenny?!”

“This is all because of…”

“YOU!" she added, "I am desperate for you, Philip!”

“O… kay! Can we skip the whole sentimental part and cut to the chase?”

Our eyes moved to James as he broke in. I was still badly shaken from the confession Daphne had made—Chelsea would have still been alive if it weren’t for her.

“How could you, Daphne? How could you?” I could only mutter.

“Things were going really well for us until you came into our lives—" she pulled out a gun. "Now you're going to pay!”

☆~☆~☆

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2021
#Badcompany ✡

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by daddio(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
... when you trust who you should have been careful of, ...

Keep up with the good work @op

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 15, 2021
daddio:
... when you trust who you should have been careful of, ...

Keep up with the good work @op

Thank you so much. It's good to know another person is following this piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2021
I shut my eyes as she placed the gun to my head.

Forgive me, Lord. Forgive me for all I’ve done—I said my last prayer, ready to be welcomed into death's embrace.

“No! No, don’t do it! Daphne!”

The gun made a click and got pulled away. “Ha-ha ha! You really should have seen your face,”

No bullet, I heaved a sigh of relief, realizing the gun had no bullets in it.

James was also laughing with her—the boisterous laugh his lips gave out—almost making me want to slam his face on the wall. Argh! This rope! I yelled in my head, wriggling my wrists.

“Does it hurt, honey?” James made to touch me.

And Philip shot him a glare. “Don’t touch her!”

He got enraged and faced Philip, punching him real hard in the face.

“James!” I yelled his name, wanting to stop him from hitting Philip any further, as he stopped and kicked me in the stomach.

“Ah!” I groaned and fell to the floor, everything going blurry for a second.

LUCILLE

I paced back and forth, anxiously waiting for Tricia to call. She ought to be in school by now. What’s keeping her from calling?

“Lucille,”

I turned around at the call, my eyes meeting Patrick’s. “Patrick, I can’t stop worrying. Tricia should have called by now if she was in school. She doesn’t miss it.”

He sighed. “Maybe you should give her some time,”

“You think she’s still mad?”

He chuckled. “No way! After what I saw today, I doubt.” His voice sounded assuring.

But what I couldn’t understand... was why she couldn’t place a call through…

~

I know mum would be really worried, knowing I hadn’t called her. Why did this have to happen?

“Thinking, are you?” James's voice jolted me back.

“Mind your own business!”

I could tell he was having fun seeing us suffer. We could make no movement; we couldn’t touch each other or even talk. I so wanted to tell Philip how sorry I was, and wanted to clear things up with him… in case this was going to be our last.

And as though being locked up in that awful place wasn’t enough, Daphne had to make stupid hums, which was so getting on my nerves.

Why did they have to leave her in charge? I thought to myself, rolling my eyes at her, then at the five men that paraded the grounds like circus elephants with no use. Their presence was starting to kill me, making me wish they had blindfolded me instead, so I wouldn’t see a thing.

The rope was starting to sting where it was placed, making me remember it was still there, coupled with the burning sensation it brought on my red, swollen wrists, which was a call that it shouldn’t be there.

“Daphne. Hey, Daphne—” I summoned up courage to call, ready to bear the circumstances.

“What is it?”

“I… I just wanted you to help me loosen this a bit,” I said, turning a little so she could see.

“Is that so?” she asked softly.

And I nodded, though not falling for her soft side.

“You should bear it then,” she spoke nonchalantly, like I thought she would.

What was I thinking? Daphne’s really gone, I sulked at the thought that my best friend was no longer who we knew her as. Can love really change someone this fast? How could she let it? I asked questions I knew were never going to be answered.

“Daphne…”

“Can you just shut it?!”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were in love with Philip?” I ignored her and went on. “You should have told me, Daph, and not had to go down this path.” I didn’t want to believe that she was gone. “Daphne, I know you’re still in there. You may have committed a great crime, but… but I still won’t give up on you.”

“You don’t know me!”

“You're right. I may not know you that well, but I'm not giving up on you.” I sniffed, remembering the first day we met—the first time I had felt happy knowing I made another friend. How would I have known that she'd turn out this way?

“Trish?”

Her soft call made me remember how she used to call me.

“Philip. Oh, Trish. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry, you guys—” she moved towards me and stooped to hug me.

“Sorry?” Philip finally spoke. “You're sorry?”

She chuckled to my surprise and tugged my thick hair. “I’m not sorry!”

I cried in pain as she pulled it hard. “D-Daphne. Daphne, stop!”

“I’ll never be sorry, Tricia. Yes! You made me this way! You got me treading this path! And yeah, you wanna know why you lost your pregnancy?”

I froze. “What did you say?”

“Ha-ha. You didn't know?”

My heart sank into my stomach. “You knew?”

“You were always sick, always down with fever, puking and getting the whole place messed up…”

I really was at that time. But I never knew it was something serious until the day of—

“My God! T-those pills. You gave me those pills!” I recalled—I remembered her giving me some pills she said were going to relieve me—and that was before I ate the leftover sandwich—but why? Why would she do such a thing?

“Yes, Tricia! Those pills were meant to kill you and your baby.” she spat heartlessly. “I just needed two to do the trick… and you believing that I really cared!”

“Oh My Goodness! You were the reason why I lost my baby?”

“You were pregnant?” Philip turned to me. “Y-you were pregnant, Tricia?”

I had already forgotten that he was there. “Ph-Phi…”

“Why don’t you tell lover boy the truth and quit deceiving him?!”

“Phil, I…I…”

“You were pregnant?!”

“Just not pregnant, sweetheart! This girl has been deceiving you all this time!”

“P-Phil, it's not it at all. Daphne, why are you doing this? Why can’t you just stop?”

“You should thank your stars the doctors were able to save you! I also unplugged the machine when you were unconscious in the hospital!” she confessed

“What?!” Philip and I exclaimed.

I didn’t know what she was talking about, but how could her conscience let her do all that? I was so fed up hearing her confess, that I wished the ground will just open up and take me with it.

“I did it all, Tricia. Now you are going to die knowing what a terrible friend you had…”

“I won’t let you win!” I countered. “You have done enough!” I spoke without fear. “I am ready to fight, Daphne Martinez. And I am not scared of you!” I could feel my blood boiling, with all the anger bursting free. I wanted to get back at her for everything; I so wanted her to feel all that I felt hearing her vomit the atrocities she had committed. My child never did anything to her. Chelsea was too innocent to die. “This fight is not over, Daphne!”

“It will be… when everywhere bursts into flames,”

I was taken aback. Was she really going to plant a bomb in the warehouse?

“It’s a good thing I found James,”

“No one asked!” I cut her short, not wanting to listen.

“Uh. Well, I don’t care,” she shrugged and sat on the metal chair beside, getting her legs crossed. “We met in a bar, you know. Mm. Such an enticing moment we had.” she licked her lips, and I felt disgusted.

She slept with him? God!

“So why are you telling us?” Philip asked her.

And she creased her brows. “Don’t you wanna hear how it went?”

“Pass!” we both said.

James walked in, getting our butts glued, half scared, half curious.

What are in the bags? Are there bombs in it? I was curious to know, but I couldn’t ask.

And just as if he had known what I was thinking, he brought out the package and showed it to us.

“You like?”

We had no energy to talk, as our lips made no movement.

“It’s time!” he gestured to his men, as tears welled up in my eyes.

So this really is our end?

“Oh, don’t worry, honey. Hell ain't bad!” she said in a mocking tone, laughing at the same time. “Oh, and do send your greetings to Satan. Oh, how I love the taste of revenge." she moaned, tasting her lips once again.

I looked at Philip and he looked at me. We were going to die, the thought I couldn’t bear. “Philip, I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry—” I got hooked, the words I tried to say finding it hard to come out.

“I forgive you. I forgive you, Tricia.”

I cried even more. Philip wouldn’t have been here if it wasn’t for me. I was reaping the seed that I had sown. And now, the poor soul was paying for it with me.

“Wait. I thought you were gonna set him free?” Daphne’s voice came again.

“Free… you say?”

“You tricked me!”

“Oh, you’re not the first, baby girl.”

“You lunatic…”

“Hey-hey!” James pulled out his gun and pointed it at her. “Another movement and you’re dead! I take no shit from peeps like you. You want something, I give it to you. You wanted this! So take it—or have your head blown. You fucking understand?!”

“This was your plan all along? You knew Philip was going to die…”

“Oh, and I fooled you really well, chica. Mm-hmm-hmm.”

“But we had a deal…”

“Deals are shit, bitch! Now rot in hell!” he fired straight at her, sending her to the deep end right before our eyes.

“Oh No!” I buried my face in palms, the sight one I didn’t want to see. He killed her. James killed her!

“Now where were we?”

I looked up again and he flashed me a billion dollar smile—OR WICKED!

“No answer? Hm?”

I shook with fear, totally shaken to the core. James gave signals to his men and they came walking towards us, one grabbing my hand.

“James! James, let her go! You don’t wanna do this,” I could hear Philip's voice as he pleaded for my release. All his pleas fell on deaf ears as they placed the bomb on me, not leaving Philip out. I couldn’t help but think about the things I had done—the way I had treated mum—and also Patrick. I was going to die without seeing them for the last time; without telling them how sorry I was for not treating them any better. I was going to die without saying goodbye…

“Boss. It’s all set,”

James sinister laugh cut through him. “Very good.” he nodded twice, holding an object up, as he asked.

“You see this?

We knew what it was. It was going to send the bomb ticking in any minute.

“I am going to press this button —” he brought his thumb closer. “And when I do, the whole place is going to go—” he made a poofing gesture. “Okay. Well, it'll tickle first, then you guys will go “Kaboom” with it. Get it?”

“You’re a madman!” cursed Philip—whose eyes were burning with rage.

“Curse you, sucker!” returned James, a maniacal laugh accompanying it.

“James. James, don't do this!”

“Goodbye, Parker!” he pressed the button, and the bomb began ticking.

We were left alone—to suffer with no offence committed—how cruel this world.

“I’m sorry, Philip,” I said once more. “All this wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t met me.” I sobbed, wishing to give him one last hug.

He smiled up at me. “There's no need for that, Trish, he said. “I've forgiven you long before now.” He bowed his head—a sign that showed that he had given up.

The bomb was still ticking, it wouldn’t be long before the whole place burst into flames.

“I love you, Philip. I love you very much,”

The sound of footsteps came, alerting us that someone was coming.

“I’m setting you free,” a girl emerged. “You guys need not suffer for something you know nothing about. My conscience won’t take it.”

I wondered how she knew that we were there… and who she was. She cut me loose and took out a key to release Philip—not before she got me fully free. “Go! You must hurry!”

“B-but I can’t leave him. Philip!”

“Listen to her, Trish. I’ll follow behind,”

I had full faith in him—giving one last look, I hurried out…

~

“Where’s Ashton?” one of the men asked. “I thought we told her to stay on guard?”

James gritted. “I thought everyone was outside. You!” he pointed to one. “Go get her!”

“But boss…”

“Got any problem? Huh?”

The guy in the rugged outfit replied, “No, boss,” he tried not to look.

The warehouse would burst into flames with Ashton still there, James realized —that’s if she was anywhere near.

“I’ll do it—” he volunteered and hurried back to the place.

He couldn’t believe it when he saw no one but Ashton. “Where are the prisoners?” he made his way angrily towards her. “How could you let them go?”

The time has come… your time has come!

A faint smile eluded her lips, and James’s eyes went to the timer. “You’re wrong!” he pulled a gun on her and left her lying in a pool of blood.

There was still time, he thought to himself. He could make it out alive if only he—

~

“Philip!” I watched from a distance as the warehouse got completely blown up.

Philip should have been here by now. Why isn’t he here?

The leaves rustled, making my heart skip. “Philip?”

I drew closer, as a tall figure staggered out, completely worn-out. “Philip!” It was him. Oh, Philip!” I rushed into his arms, hugging him tightly. “You're alive. You’re alive!”

Yes, we lived! We were survivors. James was out of our lives for good, and was where he wouldn't be bothering us… ever again!

☆~☆~☆

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 15, 2021
10 LIKES... 10 SHARES TO UNLOCK OUR EPILOGUE

☆~☆~☆

3K plus words. I tried ni grin. You guys must give me something in return o. I have to leave here beaming with smiles cheesy, knowing truly that my efforts were never in vain kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2021
Knoxxwood mansakhalifa joseph1832 Seezzy labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38,
parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa,
shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet,
crislyn
Ideadoctor
bibie01
Casa0nova
olanipekuntomi

seunviju

sebak

onosj

larrysun

danwrites

domawoleye
Thronekid, D9ty7, Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, prettydiva89, fatalveli, harjibolar10, fembleez1, stuff46, Divepen, cybershow, Tattesco, Ali1king, kingphilip, onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez, slap1, chinweblinkz, supermartin, ishilove, pweetidamsel, jeanfortune, jaymomma, vibra, almacherich, marynneka, trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson, Hiroshize, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins, iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx, rondo235, MzNelly, toykathy, Champele, PBeni, princesa, Thermythorpe, Redmosquito, FoxyRebirth, natasha, Neduzze5, yemi2plus, YellowMosquito, DNA1, bimbiola, faithgokz, sizzlezNBT, Enigurl, Trendytessy, Omololamide, smithe113, misterjosh, MzChistar, J0sh007, carolinew, tbabstobadt, Feyifahm, Mizsammy, Ifyx, MsSpaqs, ochetinz, Tundeajani, bukkynababe, walintize, kinsjesus, conniblakes, iamdsam, Clemzy16, Cutepie1, DazzlinPearl, JIGGERNAPPY, Fellycutie, adeswagsdmj, Arnoldo, Gifteey100, shalomtemmy, johnnobles, chinedumo, temiK9, Oppy16, amitalian, Herbheorlar, barbiesexy, emmanwandud, Teenuolah, BlesinE, Perfercter4real, mzkomsy, rhapzidy, Therock5555, lekkybam, Skykid1208, Blize7, legendprac, Seankay, BarnabasCo, chesm, Smhart1, tosingcfr, king94, yormite, teetee92, Kensco, geogino, simplifier, Affable0709, Chuksyd1, Incredibleme, Daniel2802, oloriireomo, kunlesehan, Tafamonday, Nekkie27, slimfredo, ibuome, dryakson, iyk1, m003, BabieGhagha, hyungwang, mador, Aimedrey, peterphd, 360prince, shaks97, Braidz, tinahrex, RazziP, Fehmy25s, Kingphilip, Eblee, Ritababe, dagift333, moyarhtohbadt, , Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie, AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, princesssusan, Susrite, Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3 Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25, tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco, PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24, Psalmwise, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26, Kayleb37, Mutaino7, kwencypresh, lawrenzo007, Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn, hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, fam24, moshood1993, handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins, SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire, Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking
vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000
TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith
rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot
chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler
godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013
donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz
vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT
canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1
INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince
honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh
xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy
Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo
princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05
Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry
millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop
funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Horpsyjay, , LarrySun, Ayoomodaddy, spidey77, dominique, Lauryn41, Explorers, iLegendd, webme, WritertainPub, Fhunkhy1, Divepen1, devlishGINGER, lalasticlala, poetictwenty, DontBullshitMe, houseofwags, KelvinCoaster, CasNova, Bestie93, Ajerry, Teco2, TiffanyJ, credid, freesinzu, Elvictor, ASBEE

2 Likes

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2021
If you view without liking or sharing this, or even commenting... then it's crystal clear that you do not love me. Now it's time to see those who are looking forward to reading more of my works kiss kiss.

~Always your Authoress ❤❤

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 11:17am On Jan 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yeee. You people have broken my heart finish o cheesy. It's like you guys don't want the sequel to this story? shocked cheesy
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
VincenzoZhuxu:
now you got me here and i will surely be here till the end.......now abeg pass me my popcorn and stuff

You got here when the story came to an end. That's just sad... really.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Huh?!

I heard somebody call my name.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by daddio(m): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Really a beautiful and captivating story(novel).

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2021
MCL - EPL

Dear Diary,

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Today marks a new beginning . Mum’s happy with Patrick. Philip and I, though not together, were happy to be just as we were—friends that were never going to be apart, especially now things were back to normal. Mum and I visited Dad's grave today. Mum couldn't stop crying on getting there. It was a good thing that I was there to comfort her. She asked for his forgiveness. And I know that wherever Dad is, he would be glad to know that she felt true remorse.

Oh, and we would be leaving for London very soon. We'd start anew, along with Derek… and Dad. L❀O❀L. I could say I was having a hard time calling him that, but I had to accept the fact that he was bio Dad. I couldn’t wait to bond with him better, and certainly couldn’t wait to be done with college. My transfer paper was ready. I was going to miss Campbell for sure.

Campbell... sigh.

Many would talk about their campus experience, but when it came to mine, I could say it was one hell of a ride... a bitter sweet one, if I should say. But all the same, “My campus life” brought love, friendship, and memories I’d never forget.

“Tricia? Honey? The guests are all waiting.”

“Coming mother,”

“I guess that’s it Lil D," I closed my diary and got up to leave. I gave a final scan of my room and walked out the door, ready to hit the dance floor.

I walked carefully down the stairs, rolling my eyes around for Philip, as Derek stood at the foot of the stairs looking dashing with his stylish hair-do.

“What’ you doing?” I asked, smiling.

“Being your knight in shining armor!” he winked.

I placed my hand on his and had me lead me to where Mum and Patrick were.

It was the last party we were going to have in Henson—also, thanks to Mum for insisting that we threw it, since it was going to be our last with our friends and neighbours.

Our house was packed with people, making it hard for me to find Philip. I rolled my eyes for him one more time and concluded he was never going to come. I was on my way back to Mum, when a guy dressed in a flashy tux came walking through the front door.

“Phil!” I let out a happy yell and rushed towards him and his grams.

I greeted grandma Hennia, and we began making towards where Mum and Patrick were.

“Grandma Hennia,” Mum greeted with a hug, and Philip and Derek exchanged manly pleasantries.

Father also greeted her, and just as grandma Hennia made to hug Derek, she stopped and looked briefly into his eyes, moving them to Philip, and then back. “Lionel?”

We stared in shock, myself remembering where I had heard the name before.

“Lionel!” she called again, cupping Derek's cheeks.

“I-I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm Derek. Derek Nielsen,” Derek corrected.

“No. No, you’re Lionel," she said in all seriousness, and continued. "I know my grandson very well. I can feel it in my heart.” she brought her hand on his arms and rubbed it warmly. “Lionel. My grandson!" she hugged him with joy. "You’re alive! You're alive—” she kept muttering.

We all stood confused, watching the drama go on. How can this be?

I remembered how mad Derek had gotten when dad told him he wasn’t really his son. They had found him on the front porch, Dad narrated then. They had taken him in as their own son. Derek was heartbroken on hearing him tell him the truth—only no one knew whose baby he was.

“Grams. Grams, you’re not saying that Derek is my brother. Are you?”

Grandma Hennia released Derek on hearing Philip ask. “He’s your brother, Philip. The mark!” she exclaimed suddenly, making to unbutton his shirt.

The mark—

~

“What is this? Why do you have this on your chest?”

“I was born with it—” I could recall his exact words.

☆~☆~☆

Could Derek really be her grandson? Has his family been here all along?

“Philip, it really is Lionel. Look!”

I was lost in thought to notice Derek had slightly opened his shirt.

Grandma Hennia ran her palm on it, and Philip’s eyes grew wider in shock, along with ours.

“Derek is a MacKenny?” my mum finally spoke. “He’s family has been here all along?” our thought collided with each other.

Derek is really a MacKenny, I thought inwardly. I’ve loved the same blood without knowing! What a small world we live in!

I couldn’t help but marvel at everything that was going on. Derek was finally reunited with his family, and I couldn’t be much happier knowing that.

But wait! How did he end up on the Nielsen's porch?

One thing we'll never know.

~

“So… you’re finally happy,”

Derek's head came up at Tricia's voice.

"I am," he smiled. "What about you?” he admired her as he asked.

“Me?”

He beckoned to her to sit by his side. “You know, when Dad told me I wasn’t really his son, I felt I had no purpose in life…”

“And why did you feel that way?” her question came.

And he replied, “Maybe it's because I thought Dad finally got the perfect family he's always wanted…”

“Perfect?” she raised her brows. “You think we're perfect?”

He nodded, then changed the topic. "Now's my turn to ask.” his gaze lingered on her.

“Well, what do you wanna ask?”

He clasped her hand and looked into her eyes. “Would you let me be wherever you are?”

Tricia knew where this was headed. She couldn’t say a word but kept mute, for fear she would end up ruining the moment.

“D-Derek, I don’t know what to say. London’s not just here, and I’m sure you wouldn't wanna be far away from your people.”

“When I'm with you," he began. “I feel a lot better…”

“Derek—” she sighed and stood up, knowing what he had in mind. He wanted her to stay, but this she wanted. Her mind was already made up, and not even her feelings would stop her from going to London.

He caught her hand...

He drew her back...

And into his arms she came falling.

“Marry me!”

Her jaws dropped open. She thought it was all a dream—only that this was happening.

He made to stand and she got up from him.

“Y-you can’t be serious, can you?” she wanted to be sure.

Her eyes widened when he took out a little box from his breast pocket and got on one knee. Has he always wanted to do this? she gaped at him, as he searched in her eyes.

Smiling up at her, their eyes met.

“D-Derek—” she couldn't speak. She was having a hard time believing that this was real. How did he get the ring? she wondered, though it wasn't hers to do. She was blushing all this while—was this really happening? She hoped she'd never wake up if ever it was a dream.

“Marry me, Tricia Nielsen.... make me the happiest man on earth,” he said as tears dropped from her eyes.

“Oh, Derek. Oh God!” this was really happening—he was proposing to her. She smiled at the thought of him being hers forever. They were going to start a family together, she looked in awe, screaming “Yes”, as the diamond ring came on her middle finger—with their lips getting locked as he stood to kiss her.

“I love you!”

One could tell how happy she was by her voice. Derek was going to be hers. They were going to live happily ever after—this happiness she had never known in years. Who could have known that this day would come?

A jolting ring made them stop.

“This has better be good,” she groaned and made to answer, a throaty voice so hard to forget, glueing her to the spot.

~ ☆ ~

THUS MY STORY CONTINUES

~

HIS SON >>> COMING SOON ❌❌❌

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2021
To all Nairaland members, thanks for making me share this amazing piece with you guys. I hope to see you again when I'm back. Until then... goodbye....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2021
MY CAMPUS ❤ LIFE
DEREK ET TRICIA

1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 17, 2021
MY CAMPUS LIFE - EPILOGUE EDITED

Dear Diary,

Today marks a new beginning— Mum’s happy with Patrick... and Philip and I, though not together, are happy to be friends once again. Mum and I visited Dad's grave today. She couldn't stop crying on getting there... it's a good thing that I was there with her. She asked for his forgiveness. And I know that wherever Dad is, he would be glad to know that she felt true remorse. 

Oh, and we will be leaving for London very soon. We will start anew, along with Derek… and Dad. L❀O❀L. I can say I was having a hard time calling him that... but I had to accept the fact that he was bio Dad. I couldn’t wait to bond with him better, and certainly couldn’t wait to be done with college. My transfer paper was ready, I was going to miss Campbell for sure. 

Sigh—

Many would talk about their campus experience, but when it came to mine, I would say it was one hell of a ride. But all the same “My campus life” brought love, friendship... and memories I’d never forget.

“Tricia? Honey? The guests are all waiting.”

“Coming mother,” 

“I guess that’s it Lil D," 

I closed my diary and got up to leave. I gave a final scan of my room and walked out the door, ready to hit the dance floor.

I walked carefully down the stairs, rolling my eyes around for Philip, as Derek stood at the foot of the stairs looking dashing with his stylish hair-do.

“What’ you doing?” I asked, smiling.

“Being your knight in shining armor!” he winked. 

I placed my hand on his and had me lead me to where Mum and Patrick were.

It was the last party we were going to have in Henson—also, thanks to Mum for insisting that we threw it, since it was going to be our last with our friends and neighbours.

Our house was packed with people, making it hard for me to find Philip. I rolled my eyes for him one more time and concluded he was never going to come. I was on my way back to Mum, when a guy dressed in a flashy tux came walking through the front door. 

“Phil!” I let out a happy yell and rushed towards him and his grams.

I greeted grandma Hennia, and we began making towards where Mum and Patrick were.

“Grandma Hennia,” Mum greeted with a hug.

Father also greeted her. 

Grandma Hennia was about greeting Derek when she stopped and stared into his eyes.

We stared in shock, myself remembering where I had heard the name before.

“Lionel!” she called again, cupping Derek's cheeks.

“I-I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm Derek. Derek Nielsen,” Derek corrected.

“No. No, you’re Lionel," she said in all seriousness, and continued. "I know my grandson very well. I can feel it in my heart.” she brought her hand on his arms and rubbed it warmly. “Lionel. My grandson!" she hugged him with joy. "You’re alive! You're alive—” she kept muttering.

We all stood confused, watching the drama go on. How can this be?

I remembered how furious Derek had gotten when dad told him he wasn’t really his son. They had found him on the front porch, Dad narrated then. They had taken him in as their own son. Derek was heartbroken on hearing him tell him the truth—only no one knew whose baby he was.

“G-Grams. Grams, you’re not saying Derek is my brother. Are you?”

Grandma Hennia released Derek on hearing Philip ask. “He’s your brother, Philip. The mark!” she exclaimed suddenly, making to unbutton his shirt.

The mark—

~

“What is this? Why do you have this on your chest?”

“I was born with it—” I could remember his exact words.

☆~☆~☆

Could Derek really be her grandson? Has his family been here all along?

“Philip, it really is Lionel. Look!”

I was lost in thought to notice Derek had slightly opened his shirt.

Grandma Hennia ran her palm on it and Philip’s eyes grew wider in shock, along with ours.

“Derek is a MacKenny?” my mum finally spoke. “His family's been here all along?” our thoughts collided with each other.

Derek is really a MacKenny, I thought inwardly. I’ve loved the same blood without knowing! What a small world we live in!

I couldn’t help but marvel at everything that was going on. Derek was finally reunited with his family, and I couldn’t be much happier knowing that.

But wait! How did he end up on Dad's porch? 

I guess we'll never know...

~

“So you’re finally happy,”

Derek's head came up at Tricia's voice. 

"I am." he smiled. "What about you?” he admired her as he asked.

“Me?” 

He beckoned to her to sit by his side. “You know, when Dad told me I wasn’t really his son, I felt I had no purpose in life…”

“And why did you?” her question came.

“Maybe it's because I thought Dad finally got the perfect family he's always wanted…”

“Perfect?” she raised her brows. “You think we're perfect?”

He nodded, then changed the topic. "Now's my turn to ask.” his gaze lingered on.

“Well, what do you wanna ask?”

He clasped her hand and looked into her eyes. “Will you let me be wherever you are?”

Tricia knew where this was headed. She couldn’t say a word but kept mute, for fear she would end up ruining the moment.

"Mm?"

“D-Derek, I don’t know what to say. London’s not just here and I’m sure you wouldn't wanna be far away from your people.”

"I feel a lot better when I'm with you.”

“Derek—” she sighed and stood up, knowing what he had in mind. He wanted her to stay, but this she wanted. Tricia's mind was already made up, and not even her feelings would stop her from going to London.

She wanted to leave.

And he caught her hand... as she came falling into his arms.

“Marry me!” he said.

And her jaws dropped open. Is this a dream? she couldn't believe her eyes.

He made to stand and she got up from him. 

“Y-you can’t be serious, can you?” she wanted to be sure.

Her eyes widened when he took out a little box from his breast pocket and got on one knee. He's been planning this all along? she realized. 

“D-Derek—” she wanted to talk but could only call his name. She was having a hard time believing this was real. How did he even get the ring? she wondered, though it wasn't hers to do. She was blushing all this while—was this really happening? she couldn't stop asking.

“Marry me, Tricia Nielsen.... make me the happiest man on earth,” he said as tears dropped from her eyes. 

“Oh, Derek. Oh God!” 

He was really proposing to her. She smiled at the thought of him being hers forever and how they were going to start a family together. 

She wasted no time accepting him—looking in awe as the diamond ring came on her middle finger.

“I love you!” 

One could tell how happy she was by her voice. Derek was going to be hers. They were going to live happily ever after—this happiness she'd never known in years. Who could have known that this day would come?

A jolting ring made them stop. 

“This has better be good!" she groaned and made to answer, a throaty voice so hard to forget glueing her to the spot. 

~ ☆ ~

THUS MY STORY CONTINUES ❗

~

HIS SON >>> COMING SOON ❌❌❌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Lakesc: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ciara9251:
To all Nairaland members, thanks for making me share this amazing piece with you guys. I hope to see you again when I'm back. Until then... goodbye....
Thanks dear for this wonderful piece, i'm still on page 3 though, been busy preparing for the up coming nysc camp, but i will definitely finish this. Do take care.....

1 Like

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Boxer007(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Ciara9251:
❤ A Mother's Love ❤

tanks I agree. so please describbe your body and please do u where tong & g -string sir? smiley
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2021
Lakesc:
Thanks dear for this wonderful piece, i'm still on page 3 though, been busy preparing for the up coming nysc camp, but i will definitely finish this. Do take care.....

LOL. I understand. I really appreciate.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2021
VincenzoZhuxu:
good i like this

LOL... no words for the story?
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2021
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ciara9251:

LOL... no words for the story?

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2021
VincenzoZhuxu:

Wetin xup Nan I don dey miss you too much ohhh......dis one wey you just remain silent shey you won choke me with emotion bah.......

I'm really sorry to say this, but I won't be posting anymore.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
I'm really glad to have known that someone missed me here smiley.
Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by VincenzoZhuxu: 12:03am On Feb 04, 2021
I'm really glad to have known that someone missed me here smiley.

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Bam17(f): 12:38am On May 16
TWENT
"Derek open up.It's me,Tricia"I said knocking on the door feeling a little weird inside as no answer came from behind the door."Hmm,what's with the car parked outside?"I muttered under my breath staring at the flashy white car I've never seen before."Grrr!Hope it's not what I'm thinking"I said with a shrug as I knocked again shoving the silly thought off me."Derek!"I called again but it seemed no one was home.Or maybe he's shutting me out for good...Humph!Such a maniac!

"I'll be damned"I heard someone say from behind.

"Derek?"I stared with emotional feelings fluttering inside of me.

"Oh Derek!"I said rushing into his arms to his amazement."I'm so sorry.I'm so-so sorry Derek.I really should have listened to you instead of shutting you out like that.You have no idea how terrible that got me"I said sobbing uncontrollably.

"Hey...Hey!It's all right.It's all right Trish.You haven't done it yet,have you?"he asked rhetorically.

"No-no!I-I just couldn't.Can you ever forgive me?"I purred at his touch as I laid still with my hair waving in the direction of the soft eastward wind.

"Of course I do.Come on in.It's pretty hot out here"he smiled warmly sliding the door open for me as we both got in.

"grin-dad!M-mum!"I shook with fright rolling my eyes on my parents as they sat on the sofa staring at me happily."What are they doing here Derek?"I whispered lowly motioning with my eyes.

"Just follow me!I got you"he reassured not letting go of my hands as we went towards them.

"Ah!Why,there's our little girl.What a coincidence"my dad said happily.

"Dad?Dad,w-why are you here?"I shivered with my legs trembling underneath.

"Come darling.Come sit with us.my mum called out to me ushering me by her side."Derek told us everything sweetheart"my dad said inducing more confusion in me.

"Um,told you what?"I said pretending to be unaware of what they were talking about.

"Oh,sweedy.You don't need to be scared.You're all grown up now.C'mon,he's told us already,isn't that right son?"my dad continued.

"Yes dad!"he said giving me a smirk.

"I'm sorry mum,what did he tell you exactly?"I muttered in a confused state as I caught sight of Derek who was smiling by the corner."Derek,what did you do?"I asked glaring at him."Ohhh!"I groaned inside.

"Why,don't be such a dill dally baby.We know already"my mum teased grasping my shoulders.

"Uhm,kow what?"I said trying to play dumb.

"Uh-huh!I can't believe have got my grandybun cooking up in there"she smiled softly placing my hands on my belly.I had a tank top on.So it was almost fairly visible.My parents are really so weird.

"What?M-mum it's not what you think"I stared with guilt and shame sweeping all over me.

"Oh,be quiet"she laughed squeezing me tight till I could breathe no more.

"Your dad's not so happy about it either but what can we do.You two have our blessings,isn't that right honey?"she smiled turning to my father.

"Yes!Ahem!"he coughed,sitting up with his gold chain dangling around his neck.

"That's right.We'll make do with the wedding preparations without wasting time"

"What?!"I exclaimed with disbelief staring at them eye-openedly."No!"I shot back delinquently."No daddy!W-what about school?I mean,what about me?You guys just can't go right off without giving a damn about my own opinion.Right mum?"I turned looking at my mother that sat close to me.

"There there baby.Your father and I have already made our decision and there's no going back now.We'll see to it everything goes right okay?"she said placing my head on her bosom as if I were a baby.

"Oh,stop ma"I teased dragging my head out as I put a strand back where it belonged.

"So Trish...Derek?We'll leave you two now"he continued getting up as he made to leave for his old chamber.Good thing Derek already cleaned that up before they got back.He would have made such a fuss about it.How annoying!

"B-b-but"

"No buts now.I reckon you guys go work it out together and don't keep me waiting.Whoo!I sure missed this place as hell...Rayna come!Let's leave 'em starlings"he teased with a broad smile as he took his arms around my mum leading her all the way upstairs to do whatever thing they wanted to do...Haha!Just teasing!

"So uh,Trish you ready to talk about it now?"Derek said hanging his arms around my neck.I could feel his muscles pressing down on me.Gosh!Why do I want him this much.You better snap out of this Trish!

"Hhh!Oh don't be so corky.I'm just doing this for this baby"I shrugged trying to wiggle free.

"Oh,really?I guess you're stuck with me baby girl"he grinned running his tongue around my ear naughtily making me purr like a kitten."My!You've got such wonderful teddy bear ears"he teased clinging onto my waist.

"Derek!"I feigned with anger pulling off from him."Grrr!You're one annoying dude"I smirked back at him.

"Really?"

"Urgh!"I said giving him one of my woochy fury eyes."I better clean this off"

"Ha!Admit it!You hate me!"he grinned again leaning closer.

"Well,if I did,I wouldn't have gone up with you in bed.Tcch!"

"Ah,right!"he coughed placing his pointy finger on his lips."And you don't regret it heh?"he continued stepping outside as I followed behind.

"I-I don't know"I said shyly as we strolled in the garden gazing at every butterfly that flew by."Oh,c'mon,you should know"he said coming closer."Look Trish,I love you and I'm not just saying so because you're all preggy now.I really do mean it all and I always have and there's no how I going to stop doing that now.Not when you've got a part of me in there"he said fixing his eyes on my belly.

"Oh,please stop!"I said trying not to give in to those sweet fantasies of his.

"It's now or never Trish!Come out of your shell and say those words out to me.Come on!I want to hear you say them.If you want,you can sing.Yeah,sing for me oncemore.I really missed hearing you do that"

"I-I can't.This discussion is over Derek"I said making to leave.

"Trish..."he reached for me making me stop.

"I'm sorry Phil but I have to let go now"I said with tears dropping out of my eyes as I turned back and took my lips up in Derek's.I guess he didn't see that coming but he concurred anyway as he wrapped his arms around me tight making it look like we're shooting a movie or something.If someone ever told me Derek and I were ever going to have one romantic moment like this,I'd surely doubt that but it was actually happening right before my eyes and I certainly didn't want it to end.

"Derek!"I paused
"I...I'll marry you"I finally spat out with emotional feelings flooding inside of me.

"Yes!Yes!"he screamed with joy as he swooped me up swirling me around joyfully as I clung onto his arms not letting go...

...If only this will be my happily ever after...

Re: MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} by Bam17(f): 1:39am On May 16
Who's cutting onions? embarassed Can't believe it's been 4 years already embarassed 4 years I wrote this amazing piece.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: A Trip From Ekpoma To Benin / The Virgin Street Girl 18+ / Daughter Of A Beggar: Short Story

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.