Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,860 members, 7,922,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:48 PM

My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday (2032 Views)

Have You Ever Forgot To Lock Your Door As A Bachelor ( My Experience) / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / Think Twice Before You Throw A Birthday Party For Your Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
So guys, I got into a serious relationship with this girl about 8months ago and so far, we've truly been in love with each other as I haven't had any reason to think otherwise.

I remembered telling her about a month ago the exact date of my birthday been 22nd June. So i decided to run a test of how well she pays attention to birthday details of her partner.

Since that time I never discussed anything about my birthday plans,party and all.Fast forward to yesterday I still pretended like nothing was happening even when I got several calls and text messages from friends and even some of my ex's.Guys the first call I got at about 6:12am was from my ex whom I dated before her, that alone made me feel really sad.
I waited until about 3pm there still was no call nor text from her so I decided to remind her.
Guys she started screaming and pleading that she totally forgot about my special day.
Note that on her birthday earlier in the year before the lockdown I not only sent her messages, I also called her for an outing where I surprised her with a birthday cake and two Snickers.

So guys I feel really disappointed at her nonchalance and indifference to such important detail. She's been pleading for forgiveness all the while.

Does this sole act mean she doesn't love me as much as I love her?

Has she been playing games with me?

Or is it just a mere occurrence?

Guys in the house what will you do if you were in my shoes and how did you handle this situation if your girlfriend had ever forgotten your birthday?
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by inforesource: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
She is your GF and not your wife. She owes you no apology. Maybe she is busy with something more important.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by hgnbello(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ok
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Professorcplus(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Op is only dating himself

Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Professorcplus(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
No point making mountain out of a molehill. Afterall she apologized so why take things too personal. Do like nothing happened and move on
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by GerraMeh74(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
It depends on the type of person she is, does she blow up her timeline and WhatsApp status about other people's birthday? If she is not into birthday's at such then maybe she genuinely forgot,but you can just give her the benefit of doubt on this occasion.
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
You probably told her your date of birth too early into the relationship. That points a single fact:
She wasn't really into you at the beginning of your relationship. Women take note of every little details of the Men they fancy.

I can't say if she loves you now or not, but I wouldn't make a fuss over forgetting birthday. However I may just want to make it a 50-50 thing. Forgive her but don't be fooled.
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Kseafresh: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
That is a Redflag, Don't give her the benefit of a doubt..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by MrSensor(m): 3:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
OP, why didn't you invite us to wish you a happy birthday ourselves here on nairaland.

Forget about the woman.
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by CallMeGrace(f): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
It's no big deal, just forgive and forget, the state of this country is enough for someone to forget things..don't let that small issue bother you, now that she knows, I bet she won't forget your Bday again..
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
MrSensor:
OP, why didn't you invite us to wish you a happy birthday ourselves here on nairaland.

Forget about the woman.

My apologies you can still wish me a belated happy birthday.Thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2020
GerraMeh74:
It depends on the type of person she is, does she blow up her timeline and WhatsApp status about other people's birthday? If she is not into birthday's at such then maybe she genuinely forgot,but you can just give her the benefit of doubt on this occasion.

Yes, she does post birthday wishes of her friends on fb and WhatsApp status.
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by heendrix(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
Observer131:
So guys, I got into a serious relationship with this girl about 8months ago and so far, we've truly been in love with each other as I haven't had any reason to think otherwise.

I remembered telling her about a month ago the exact date of my birthday been 22nd June. So i decided to run a test of how well she pays attention to birthday details of her partner.

Since that time I never discussed anything about my birthday plans,party and all.Fast forward to yesterday I still pretended like nothing was happening even when I got several calls and text messages from friends and even some of my ex's.Guys the first call I got at about 6:12am was from my ex whom I dated before her, that alone made me feel really sad.
I waited until about 3pm there still was no call nor text from her so I decided to remind her.
Guys she started screaming and pleading that she totally forgot about my special day.
Note that on her birthday earlier in the year before the lockdown I not only sent her messages, I also called her for an outing where I surprised her with a birthday cake and two Snickers.

So guys I feel really disappointed at her nonchalance and indifference to such important detail. She's been pleading for forgiveness all the while.

Guys in the house what will you do if you were in my shoes and how did you handle this situation if your girlfriend had ever forgotten your birthday?

You told her over a month ago not a week ago

but tbh is this how guys weigh Love this days? reminder or first to text on birthdays
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
Observer131:

well bro, if you know her scream was genuine well it skip her memory and there's a possibility it escape her memory, so don't fell out I was dating a girl then that if I gist her today ask her in the next one week what we gist about, she will just be stammering sef,well don't blame her, just skip it tell her you were not happy with her attitude and accept her forgiveness
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Blackmoran(m): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Na wa for you ooo, me naturally believe that birthdays and all this celebration like valentine are meant for ladies, na them dey carry am for head.. Me am fond of that you know how many times babe don fight me because I forget her birthday, me that don't remember my birthday, this year na on top face book I realise say I get birthday......
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by Ningen(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
I forget things I read a month before an exam.
Does it mean I don't give a fĂșck & I want to fail?

Obviously NOT.

The brain is wired to forget information that has not been reinforced via repetition or associated with strong memories. This is basic physiology.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by paulolee(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
mayb she forgot bt all the same i hope u aint expecting a bday gift from a naija girl?? na only 5% de give confirm gifts o
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by 2dice01: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
What is special about birthdays

What about me that my birthday was a week ago i didnt remind anyone

its was only those fb reminded that called/texted me

Bros if you want to leave the relationship
Drop the Girl number lets us continue from where you stopped grin tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by 2dice01: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
paulolee:
mayb she forgot bt all the same i hope u aint expecting a bday gift from a naija girl?? na only 5% de give confirm gifts o
Na Boxer or Handkerchief him go collect las las cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Forgot To Send Me A Birthday Wish On My Birthday by sapeleboi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
and so?

(1) (Reply)

President Donald Trump's Daughter Is Dating A Nigerian / My Bf Slept With My 4 Months Old Baby Because She Was Flirting With Him (video) / Develop Noble and genius minds in here (Male and female)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.