Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,482 members, 7,951,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

Come Help A Newbie - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Come Help A Newbie (284 Views)

What a Newbie Blogger wants to know? Ask it here! / Top 7 Adsense Paying Blogging Niches In Nigeria For Newbie Bloggers / Blogging: Bloggers In The House Should Help A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come Help A Newbie by OfficialMrOt: 6:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Am a newbie in webmasting, am using a dot Com dot Ng domain on my business website but i was told i didn't pick a nice domain name and extension due to some of my customers misspell it each time i tell them to visit the business site without typing it for them , they will just go to their browser and spell another thing, so I bought another domain on whogohost .
Please how can I park the new domain for it to start working? The business site is hosted in Whogohost also.
Re: Come Help A Newbie by stanliwise(m): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2020
OfficialMrOt:
Am a newbie in webmasting, am using a dot Com dot Ng domain on my business website but i was told i didn't pick a nice domain name and extension due to some of my customers misspell it each time i tell them to visit the business site without typing it for them , they will just go to their browser and spell another thing, so I bought another domain on whogohost .
Please how can I park the new domain for it to start working? The business site is hosted in Whogohost also.
i saw some said redirect, yeah that would work but if the first website subscription finishes, then your redirection fails. What you can do is to back up database and file and transfer to the new domain. It’s something you can do but you need some knowledge of data backup.
Re: Come Help A Newbie by OfficialMrOt: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2020
I appreciate all reply , But I paid a developer to design the web and park the first domain for me, although I registered the domains myself , I can no longer reach the developer and I need to park the new domain for it to start working, I have no idea about all you guys mentioned above, that's why I came here for help. I will need step by step guild on this please who can help?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Unblock Url At Nairaland? / Webmasters Come To My Rescue / 126,000K Followers Facebook Group Page For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.