Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,882 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) (87528 Views)

This Little Bird Lost Its Way Into My Compound / Guard Dog Prevents Armed Policeman From Jumping Into Compound (video) / The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nostradamus: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
foleskay:
Do the Nigeria police only attend the six months training just to practice shooting techniques only?? Shey na only to shoot dem dey teach dem for police training ni. Restraining animals should be part of their training in police college, but I guess they are only being taught how to shoot. How can a police in this 21st century not know how to restrain animal like common dog, but had to resort to shooting. Africa backwardness is outta this world. What a charade!!
I guess some special squads are trained on animal restraining.

I have seen a thread here before where some EFCC guys restrained a dog without killing the said dog.the dog was a Caucasian,same breed with this one.

Maybe our policemen should also be mandated to go about with pepper spray along with their rifles.i have a believe that police are also armed with pepper spray,the pepper spray will always be their first line of defense against animals and harmless citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by abimic(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
You can't shoot my dogs and me not press charges, these dogs are even more expensive than the salary of the said police man. Thank God they couldn't gain access to the house �, nonsense! With this, I'm sure to have more dogs than one.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by TwentyOnePilots(m): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2020
Naija!!!! angry

Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
This is not news. These morons don't care about human lives. You think it's a dog they will care for?
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by rollandben(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Oh God bless America...if this had happened there, the police may even paid with their life. this is so bad and disturbing. they need to charge them for Animal cruelty!!
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Samfloxin(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
Namdeenero:
Oga in sane climes you don’t just try to gain access forcefully into someone’s compound without a warrant, talk more shooting the persons dog inside his compound. What are you even saying?
We are talking about Nigeria and what our laws stipulate. Besides you don't know whether the officers had warrant.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Beey(f): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
ExAngel007:
A dog is on the brink of death after it was allegedly shot by a policeman for refusing to allow them into a home in Akure.

According to eyewitnesses, the police officers "invaded" no. 6, Samson Ogunleye street, Omi Agagu, Olufoam Area in Akure, at about 7am today, June 24. The dogs guarding the compound refused to let them in, so an officer allegedly opened fire on one of the dogs.

The dog is now in critical condition. In photos shared online, the dog is seen bleeding profusely with its organs hanging outside its body.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YemieFASH/status/1275699073060950017/photo/1

The police have reacted on Twitter by stating that an investigation has been initiated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliceNG_CRU/status/1275709292470046720?p=v

Below are more tweets narrating the incident with graphic photos.
The owner should have a vet euthanize the animal in order not to prolong its suffering. Keeping it at home in that condition is only leaving the dog in excruciating pain. Let the dog be put to rest.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Pofgrace(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
The dog eventually died

Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Chirowman(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
this is too bad why shot a dog
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by vioment: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Very bad from NPF.

Fire them and arrest them.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Babalegba(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nigerian police are mainly animals in human skin. I find it difficult to pity them when they they are in bad conditions. A few of them are okay but most are animals.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Namdeenero(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
Samfloxin:

We are talking about Nigeria and what our laws stipulate. Besides you don't know whether the officers had warrant.
Why did they now run after shooting the poor dog?
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
One of the best breeds of dogs I love, the Caucasian's, others are d German shepherds and Golden retriever's !! I don't like bull dogs, pit bulls or Rottweiler's although this are all good dogs too.. I'm deeply ashamed of the police men we ve in this country, always acting like armed robbers, I hope the dogs survives but I seriously doubt if veterinary dog hospitals are even trained to any extent possible to handle bullet wounds on dogs cos they can't envisage such abnormal occurrence... Dogs are the best things u can av in ur homes, I salute dis gallant guard on duty!��
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by ogbonti: 9:52pm On Jun 24, 2020
Namdeenero:
Why do you defend such inhuman act?? Why did they run away after shooting the dog?

i never knew Dog is human - hmmm na wa
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Namdeenero(m): 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
ogbonti:

i never knew Dog is human - hmmm na wa
Maybe you should google what it means and not display your ignorance on a public forum cheesy smiley
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Openbusiness:
cry RIP to the gallant canine. The angels are waiting for you on the other side. Your heaven will be sweet, and you will run on the streets of gold never again to be tormented by evil men. May Mother Nature avenge your deaths quickly, blood for blood, pain for pain, horror for horror, eye for an eye!
it won't die, a veterinary surgeon has been assigned to stitch up the intestine back. it will be fine
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Openbusiness: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

it won't die, a veterinary surgeon has been assigned to stitch up the intestine back. it will be fine
Great news, am so happy grin, I pray the doctors are successful with the operation. That dog is a real hero to survive that horror, even lost plenty blood. God bless and replenish the owner 100 fold for footing the bill. Chaiii, dis kain good news dey sweet me. I wish i can see the dog's picture again after full recovery. The dog deserves a national award for bravery grin

1 Like

Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by themmydhayhor(m): 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2020
Samfloxin:

Weren't they aware that people were knocking on the gate? They heard the knock but they deliberately didn't want to open

Guess you need to respect people's privacy cause opening of the gate after hearing the knock is the house owner choice.
You can't expect me to open my door for you anyhow just because you knock and don't forget robbers do knock � cool cool
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by foleskay(m): 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nostradamus:
I guess some special squads are trained on animal restraining.

I have seen a thread here before where some EFCC guys restrained a dog without killing the said dog.the dog was a Caucasian,same breed with this one.

Maybe our policemen should also be mandated to go about with pepper spray along with their rifles.i have a believe that police are also armed with pepper spray,the pepper spray will always be their first line of defense against animals and harmless citizens.
I concur with you in totality sir
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Adeevah(m): 2:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Dog Lives Matter
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by hardon1(m): 3:40am On Jun 25, 2020
if that can kill a shoot a human being for no reason, then na dog de no fit kill
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Codes151(m): 5:24am On Jun 25, 2020
Sew them.
They didn’t hv warrant
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by emiika: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2020
try this nonsense with John Wick...
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 6:14am On Jun 25, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Most of these men in black aren't any different from the regular mad men you see around the street... what sort of cruelty is this? sad
Don’t disrespect mad people. Police are just wicked and heartless, mad people don’t go around killing innocent people.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by bigass123(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Samfloxin:
Why didn't the owner put it in chain

Next time it will be your children playing in your compound and someone will ask you why you failed to lock them in your bedroom.
stupid people everywhere.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 25, 2020
What do we expect from officers who can kill their citizens because of 10Naira bribe to do to a dog. I just pity the dog imagine the pain, if na local dog he for run.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

Seriously? I will very happy to know the final outcome.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by ogbonti: 10:40am On Jun 25, 2020
Namdeenero:
Maybe you should google what it means and not display your ignorance on a public forum cheesy smiley

shorrop there - do I need to google to know a four legged creature can’t be human ?

oya google if you are alive - someone somewhere probably ran your obituary on the internet without your knowledge - yeye fowl grin
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Afamcy: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2020
Damn fuckkk police!!
Jah fuckkk them up!!
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by Samfloxin(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2020
bigass123:

Next time it will be your children playing in your compound and someone will ask you why you failed to lock them in your bedroom.
stupid people everywhere.
Slowpoke, children is different from dog,dog can harm but children don't harm people... anyway your children may share the same attributes Sha.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by anthropizzy(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
If i get a gun am going to shot that stupid idiot police in the stomach.
Re: Policemen Shot Dog When It Prevented Them From Entering A Compound (graphic) by MrCEO69(m): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2020
grin grin grin
ReorxTohGan:
is it English that's worrying u,or cheap weed??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Bird? / Monkey Pulls Down Woman’s Top In Thailand, Exposing Her Boobs (Photos) / Conan, Dog Honoured At The White House After Chasing ISIS Leader, Al-Baghdadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.